HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petry Assigned to OKC

Old
10-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
We still don't have an extra forward though. We're going to need one, even after Gagner returns. My vote goes to O'Marra. He's all but done in the Oilers org, doesn't do anything in OKC that can't be replaced by a younger, equally able prospect, and could play 5-6 minutes per night at the NHL without being thrashed.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Maybe I missed a game but if he is only playing ok I dont understand they emo reaction to this move.
Did he play last game? I was quite distracted having a relative of mine heading back to the mainland last night so he may not have even played, I missed the entire 2nd.

10-20-2011, 12:19 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Did he play last game? I was quite distracted having a relative of mine heading back to the mainland last night so he may not have even played, I missed the entire 2nd.
He sat in the PB last game after looking really bad and turning the puck over a lot the game before.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Still waiting for the "good" from Barker, myself.
I'll counter and say I'm waiting for the "bad"

He's been a pretty low event player so far this year. Hasn't generated much, but hasn't really given anything up. One of the main criticisms I've seen of him so far is that he lacks an intensity. And maybe that's the case, but he hasn't been close to killing us back there.

Maybe I just had way lower expectations then many, but Barker has been fine imo. Last game he even had a few great scoring chances.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:37 AM
voxel

Petry > Sutton - but Sutton does fill a different role. Meh, Petry will be back when a D-man randomly breaks a pinky opening a door. Suprisingly Barker has been decent/okay....

Next year, we'll have too many young D-men needing NHL time and I suspect we'll be shipping one or two out.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:42 AM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I'll counter and say I'm waiting for the "bad"

He's been a pretty low event player so far this year. Hasn't generated much, but hasn't really given anything up. One of the main criticisms I've seen of him so far is that he lacks an intensity. And maybe that's the case, but he hasn't been close to killing us back there.

Maybe I just had way lower expectations then many, but Barker has been fine imo. Last game he even had a few great scoring chances.

I had some REEAAALLLY low expectations for him and frankly he hasn't even met those.

I can understand that some players just don't look intense out there at times but are still effective...but his contribution has been non-existent. He is being outplayed by a guy they sent to the minors and a guy that hasn't been able to crack an NHL lineup in any capacity (before this year anyways).

the only game I can say where I thought he had a positive impact at all was the calgary game. I saw him throw his weight around a bit and actually appear to get involved in the powerplay.

to be fair to him, yeah, it's still early in the season and lots of things could still happen, but after last season of him being waived and bought out...and then coming in talking big about proving people wrong...I feel like he's done little to back up his bluster and hasn't disproved the wild's logic in jettisoning him from their lineup.

I *WANT* him to prove me wrong, because him getting back to his early-career form would do wonders for this team...but I just haven't really seen anything to suggest it's in there.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Like Gregor said if the Oilers ever want Petry to be a 24 minute a night guy playing in every situation he needs to be able to do that at every level. Let him do that in OKC and bring him up when he is ready or we have injuries.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote