HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs pursuing Brenden Morrow

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
  #151
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Fixed that for you. Both Komisarek and Phanouf are very vocal guys on and off the ice. This is not an area for concern, unless you count the top six ranks.

I'd love to have Morrow on the Leafs, but I can't imagine that he'll go for a ransom. He turns 33 this season, and plays a very physical style that is conducive to a faster bodily breakdown.
Nobody on the roster is over 30 years old:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/roster/_...to-maple-leafs

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
  #152
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon
 
AMDZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,720
vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
Nobody on the roster is over 30 years old:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/roster/_...to-maple-leafs
Reading comprehension?

He's talking about Morrow. He's old

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
  #153
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,538
vCash: 500
33 isn't that old.

This whole thread is dumb. Stars won't trade a player who has been our captain for 5+ years, a fan favourite, great veteran etc unless the offer is to good to turn down. As for the Leafs, they don't need a player like Morrow ATM therefore they won't give up much cause it doesn't make sense for them to trade for Morrow.

Teams like Caps or Canucks will pay a lot to get him because they have the team to make a good run to the cup and acquiring Morrow will make them EVEN stronger in the playoffs.

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
  #154
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Reading comprehension?

He's talking about Morrow. He's old
Really?

Here is what i said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson
I agree on Kulemin but other pieces from Toronto would work. The thing is with Toronto is they have no leader to feed off of. The Leafs do not have a single player over the age of 30 on their roster that can step up and be a vocal guy on the ice and the locker room. Morrow is that guy and with that leadership he brings offensive talent to boot and is not afraid to drop the gloves.
Here is his reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson
I agree on Kulemin but other pieces from Toronto would work. The thing is with Toronto is they have no leader to feed off of. The Leafs do not have a single forward over the age of 30 on their roster that can step up and be a vocal guy on the ice and the locker room. Morrow is that guy and with that leadership he brings offensive talent to boot and is not afraid to drop the gloves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Fixed that for you. Both Komisarek and Phanouf are very vocal guys on and off the ice. This is not an area for concern, unless you count the top six ranks.

I'd love to have Morrow on the Leafs, but I can't imagine that he'll go for a ransom. He turns 33 this season, and plays a very physical style that is conducive to a faster bodily breakdown.
He edited the word Player and made it forward which insinuates that their is either a goalie or a D man that is older than 30 which from the post below this is not true.

Then you get this post by me:
Quote:
Nobody on the roster is over 30 years old:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/roster/_...to-maple-leafs
Go back to class the lunch bell sounded!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
  #155
IWD
...
 
IWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
Really?

Here is what i said:
Here is his reply:


He edited the word Player and made it forward which insinuates that their is either a goalie or a D man that is older than 30 which from the post below this is not true.

Then you get this post by me:


Go back to class the lunch bell sounded!
So, other than semantics, you DO agree with the actual point of the original post? I assume so, as you didn't feel the need to respond to that part.

Also, i'm not sure why being 30+ automatically attests to his leadership abilities. You implied a team needs a vocal leader over 30. And since we're on the issue of semantics, the Leafs do have a 30 year old on the team, along with a few more turning 30 later this season.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
  #156
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
I agree on Kulemin but other pieces from Toronto would work. The thing is with Toronto is they have no leader to feed off of. The Leafs do not have a single player over the age of 30 on their roster that can step up and be a vocal guy on the ice and the locker room. Morrow is that guy and with that leadership he brings offensive talent to boot and is not afraid to drop the gloves.
so what do you think is a realistic deal?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
  #157
The Brewmeister
#Winning.
 
The Brewmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,241
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
I agree on Kulemin but other pieces from Toronto would work. The thing is with Toronto is they have no leader to feed off of. The Leafs do not have a single player over the age of 30 on their roster that can step up and be a vocal guy on the ice and the locker room. Morrow is that guy and with that leadership he brings offensive talent to boot and is not afraid to drop the gloves.
Dion Phaneuf says hello.

The Brewmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:38 PM
  #158
reza87
Registered User
 
reza87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
If there's one thing the Leafs dressing room doesn't lack is leadership. If anything, it's a case of 'too many shepherds and not enough sheep.' Morrow is a great player and he has a lot more to offer to his new team than just leadership. I don't think Dallas will pull the trigger on trading their Captain unless they start looking like a sinking ship around Christmas.

reza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
  #159
SuperSaiyanBeastmode
Registered User
 
SuperSaiyanBeastmode's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,953
vCash: 500
yeah I want Morrow, our top 6 is full of *******. We need leadership and a guy who you can bet your ass that he'll be winning the puck battle in the corner. Armstrong shouldn't be the only guy in your top 9 that has leadership... What do you guys actually want for him?

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:07 AM
  #160
VanJaysFan*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
33 isn't that old.

This whole thread is dumb. Stars won't trade a player who has been our captain for 5+ years, a fan favourite, great veteran etc unless the offer is to good to turn down. As for the Leafs, they don't need a player like Morrow ATM therefore they won't give up much cause it doesn't make sense for them to trade for Morrow.

Teams like Caps or Canucks will pay a lot to get him because they have the team to make a good run to the cup and acquiring Morrow will make them EVEN stronger in the playoffs.
The specific premise regarding the Leafs is dumb agreed.. but this changed quickly into a 'Value of:' thread. And Dallas will get that overpayment.

Even though I think the Canucks have more than this year left in the tank I would be willing to absolutely break the bank to get Morrow or Doan.

More than what Brad Richards returned at least... too soon?

VanJaysFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:10 AM
  #161
VanJaysFan*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reza87 View Post
If there's one thing the Leafs dressing room doesn't lack is leadership. If anything, it's a case of 'too many shepherds and not enough sheep.' Morrow is a great player and he has a lot more to offer to his new team than just leadership. I don't think Dallas will pull the trigger on trading their Captain unless they start looking like a sinking ship around Christmas.
Your captain and leading scorer had poor reputations at best before slipping on your sweater... christ.

VanJaysFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:11 AM
  #162
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,746
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJaysFan View Post
The specific premise regarding the Leafs is dumb agreed.. but this changed quickly into a 'Value of:' thread. And Dallas will get that overpayment.

Even though I think the Canucks have more than this year left in the tank I would be willing to absolutely break the bank to get Morrow or Doan.

More than what Brad Richards returned at least... too soon?
Well if the Stars are fighting for a playoff spot come the trade deadline, I wouldn't expect them to move Morrow either, just as we saw last year in keeping Richards. Sends the right message, y'know? Teams within an arm's length of a playoff berth don't trade their players, so that's why Richards was retained. It's just common sense.

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
  #163
tony d
The franchise
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,303
vCash: 500
Can't see Dallas trading Morrow especially after his history with the team.

__________________
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:25 AM
  #164
Sports
bedroom eyes
 
Sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Futureworld
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Can't see Dallas trading Morrow especially after his history with the team.
I'm guessing that's sarcasm?

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.