HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs pursuing Brenden Morrow

Old
10-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Fixed that for you. Both Komisarek and Phanouf are very vocal guys on and off the ice. This is not an area for concern, unless you count the top six ranks.

I'd love to have Morrow on the Leafs, but I can't imagine that he'll go for a ransom. He turns 33 this season, and plays a very physical style that is conducive to a faster bodily breakdown.
Nobody on the roster is over 30 years old:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/team/roster/_...to-maple-leafs

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
Reading comprehension?

He's talking about Morrow. He's old

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

33 isn't that old.

This whole thread is dumb. Stars won't trade a player who has been our captain for 5+ years, a fan favourite, great veteran etc unless the offer is to good to turn down. As for the Leafs, they don't need a player like Morrow ATM therefore they won't give up much cause it doesn't make sense for them to trade for Morrow.

Teams like Caps or Canucks will pay a lot to get him because they have the team to make a good run to the cup and acquiring Morrow will make them EVEN stronger in the playoffs.

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Reading comprehension?

He's talking about Morrow. He's old
Really?

Here is what i said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson
I agree on Kulemin but other pieces from Toronto would work. The thing is with Toronto is they have no leader to feed off of. The Leafs do not have a single player over the age of 30 on their roster that can step up and be a vocal guy on the ice and the locker room. Morrow is that guy and with that leadership he brings offensive talent to boot and is not afraid to drop the gloves.
Here is his reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson
I agree on Kulemin but other pieces from Toronto would work. The thing is with Toronto is they have no leader to feed off of. The Leafs do not have a single forward over the age of 30 on their roster that can step up and be a vocal guy on the ice and the locker room. Morrow is that guy and with that leadership he brings offensive talent to boot and is not afraid to drop the gloves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drur93 View Post
Fixed that for you. Both Komisarek and Phanouf are very vocal guys on and off the ice. This is not an area for concern, unless you count the top six ranks.

I'd love to have Morrow on the Leafs, but I can't imagine that he'll go for a ransom. He turns 33 this season, and plays a very physical style that is conducive to a faster bodily breakdown.
He edited the word Player and made it forward which insinuates that their is either a goalie or a D man that is older than 30 which from the post below this is not true.

Then you get this post by me:
Quote:
Go back to class the lunch bell sounded!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
IWD

Quote:
Really?

Here is what i said:
Here is his reply:

He edited the word Player and made it forward which insinuates that their is either a goalie or a D man that is older than 30 which from the post below this is not true.

Then you get this post by me:

Go back to class the lunch bell sounded!
So, other than semantics, you DO agree with the actual point of the original post? I assume so, as you didn't feel the need to respond to that part.

Also, i'm not sure why being 30+ automatically attests to his leadership abilities. You implied a team needs a vocal leader over 30. And since we're on the issue of semantics, the Leafs do have a 30 year old on the team, along with a few more turning 30 later this season.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
I agree on Kulemin but other pieces from Toronto would work. The thing is with Toronto is they have no leader to feed off of. The Leafs do not have a single player over the age of 30 on their roster that can step up and be a vocal guy on the ice and the locker room. Morrow is that guy and with that leadership he brings offensive talent to boot and is not afraid to drop the gloves.
so what do you think is a realistic deal?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Dion Phaneuf says hello.

The Brewmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:38 PM
reza87

If there's one thing the Leafs dressing room doesn't lack is leadership. If anything, it's a case of 'too many shepherds and not enough sheep.' Morrow is a great player and he has a lot more to offer to his new team than just leadership. I don't think Dallas will pull the trigger on trading their Captain unless they start looking like a sinking ship around Christmas.

reza87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

yeah I want Morrow, our top 6 is full of *******. We need leadership and a guy who you can bet your ass that he'll be winning the puck battle in the corner. Armstrong shouldn't be the only guy in your top 9 that has leadership... What do you guys actually want for him?

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:07 AM
VanJaysFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
33 isn't that old.

This whole thread is dumb. Stars won't trade a player who has been our captain for 5+ years, a fan favourite, great veteran etc unless the offer is to good to turn down. As for the Leafs, they don't need a player like Morrow ATM therefore they won't give up much cause it doesn't make sense for them to trade for Morrow.

Teams like Caps or Canucks will pay a lot to get him because they have the team to make a good run to the cup and acquiring Morrow will make them EVEN stronger in the playoffs.
The specific premise regarding the Leafs is dumb agreed.. but this changed quickly into a 'Value of:' thread. And Dallas will get that overpayment.

Even though I think the Canucks have more than this year left in the tank I would be willing to absolutely break the bank to get Morrow or Doan.

More than what Brad Richards returned at least... too soon?

VanJaysFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:10 AM
VanJaysFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by reza87 View Post
If there's one thing the Leafs dressing room doesn't lack is leadership. If anything, it's a case of 'too many shepherds and not enough sheep.' Morrow is a great player and he has a lot more to offer to his new team than just leadership. I don't think Dallas will pull the trigger on trading their Captain unless they start looking like a sinking ship around Christmas.
Your captain and leading scorer had poor reputations at best before slipping on your sweater... christ.

VanJaysFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJaysFan View Post
The specific premise regarding the Leafs is dumb agreed.. but this changed quickly into a 'Value of:' thread. And Dallas will get that overpayment.

Even though I think the Canucks have more than this year left in the tank I would be willing to absolutely break the bank to get Morrow or Doan.

More than what Brad Richards returned at least... too soon?
Well if the Stars are fighting for a playoff spot come the trade deadline, I wouldn't expect them to move Morrow either, just as we saw last year in keeping Richards. Sends the right message, y'know? Teams within an arm's length of a playoff berth don't trade their players, so that's why Richards was retained. It's just common sense.

10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
tony d
The franchise

Can't see Dallas trading Morrow especially after his history with the team.

10-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Sports
bedroom eyes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Can't see Dallas trading Morrow especially after his history with the team.
I'm guessing that's sarcasm?

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote