HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

vCash: 500
Id like to see something specific from these msg people. I want to see something that says your new upper bowl seats will be under the new bridges, or rows #-# will have obstructed views of the scoreboard due to the bridges. Thats the only fair thing. I pray that next season with most of the construction done and my new upper bowl seats in place (without the bridges,) I will get a pretty good idea of where they will be placed in reference to my seats and if I want to move or not.

Old
10-20-2011, 06:19 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
ive been looking at the virtual seating map for this year.. and i just caught something interesting...

if you click on the sections down low.. such as section 106 row 5, and you scroll thru the benefits, the third benefit is access to the madison concourse.

now thats the new 6th floor concourse correct? if you look at section 225, there is no mention of access to the madison concourse... is the 6th floor now going to be exclusively for club seats?

edit: in fairness, non club lower bowl seats do not have this either
Just guessing because I have been thinking about the same thing but I think the answer to your question in 'kind of'. What it looks like, as opposed to before, is that lower bowl enters from the 6th floor and 200/300 level seating enters from the 7th floor. I think there is a clear division between the 200s and lower bowl e.g. "a railing".

I don't think people will be stopped from going to the 6th floor, you will just have to access it from the outside concourses.

Old
10-20-2011, 06:37 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

They shouldn't sell alcohol at sporting events. Some people go to the game just to drink. The NHL and the other leagues will never go for it because it makes too much money. Most of the altercations and fan violence comes from too much booze.

Old
10-20-2011, 06:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Delta 360 Club available to 800 season ticket holders. All of the real fans.

Old
10-20-2011, 07:54 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
They shouldn't sell alcohol at sporting events. Some people go to the game just to drink. The NHL and the other leagues will never go for it because it makes too much money. Most of the altercations and fan violence comes from too much booze.
are you serious?

Old
10-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Do they really? That's sad.

Old
10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by averyrule View Post
Am I the only one that thinks eventually some drunk fool is going to fall off that bridge?
No. This is not going to be a wooden suspension bridge that Harrison Ford had to chop down in Temple of Doom. Pretty sure the walls will be high enough so a person can't fall over. Of course, they could always jump.

Old
10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Crease

Quote:
They shouldn't sell alcohol at sporting events. Some people go to the game just to drink.The NHL and the other leagues will never go for it because it makes too much money. Most of the altercations and fan violence comes from too much booze.
Sorry but I don't know anyone who would go to a hockey game because they want a beer. $70+ cover then $9 beers? Might as well stay under Penn Station and get $4 32oz beers at Rosa's. No need to pay $70 for a seat in the grimy booth in the corner.

Old
10-20-2011, 08:15 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Delta 360 Club available to 800 season ticket holders. All of the real fans.

Cool.

When it's all said and done, it will look better than the Prudential Center and that arena in Brooklyn.
Especially the latter. I seen pictures and that place is fugly.

Old
10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
No. This is not going to be a wooden suspension bridge that Harrison Ford had to chop down in Temple of Doom. Pretty sure the walls will be high enough so a person can't fall over. Of course, they could always jump.
lmao!

I really don't get why everyone has their panties in a bunch over this bridge, which A) hasn't happened yet, B) there really is no way to tell for sure if it is going to have some negative impact, C) could turn out to be very cool, and D) may not even happen at the end of the day.

The Garden is going to be awesome after this reno. As a STH, I am stoked. Can't wait for opening night!

Old
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Sorry but I don't know anyone who would go to a hockey game because they want a beer. $70+ cover then $9 beers? Might as well stay under Penn Station and get $4 32oz beers at Rosa's. No need to pay $70 for a seat in the grimy booth in the corner.
I think a better way to put it is that some people use a hockey game as an excuse to get belligerently drunk. That's what leads to stupid fights.

Old
10-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Blueshirt Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
I think a better way to put it is that some people use a hockey game as an excuse to get belligerently drunk. That's what leads to stupid fights.
True. And those that are really intent on it start waaay before they get to The Garden. So, you'd have to have a breathalizer test at the gate to prevent that.

Philly bus-riders say hello

Old
10-20-2011, 09:05 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Sorry but I don't know anyone who would go to a hockey game because they want a beer. $70+ cover then $9 beers?
I've seen plenty of people get into the game 10min late (because they were downstairs drinking) then leave at the end of the 2nd (to go find a bar somewhere).

The game was just a stop in between.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Booze does not fuel the hatred of Flyers fans, it just lets you do the right thing.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:49 AM
averyrule

Small tour of the inside of the garden.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/tour-o...ress-1.3258251

Old
10-20-2011, 12:06 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I HATE...strongly, with a passion.... that stupid ****ing bridge.

HATE.

Worst idea...ever...in a sports venue.
gee, why would you say that,

who doesn't want a giant section in their face ??

Old
10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Guess what happens when you ban alcohol? Fans show up completely tanked

At Old Yankee Stadium in the bleachers, you weren't allowed to buy beer in the section nor go to a different section where they did. So people drank massively before they walked in so their buzz would last and that meant a whole lot more fights & problems

Old
10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
gee, why would you say that,

who doesn't want a giant section in their face ??

Nobody's view will be blocked with the bridge.

Old
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
More like they show up at the game already plastered. They don't go to the game to drink, not at $8 - $9 bucks a pop. They show up already half in the bag. Get 1 or 2 beers at the game and are usually annihilated before the 1st period ends. These are the idiots that start fights and are sometimes thrown out before the game is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averyrule View Post
Small tour of the inside of the garden.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/tour-o...ress-1.3258251
Here's another one also

Old
10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
Nobody's view will be blocked with the bridge.
Exactly.

Keep looking at the models and the video of them.
They're pretty high. And close to the ceiling. Now if they were low and close over the court/ice. Then yeah, ones view will be blocked.

But that's not the case.

Old
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Check out 1:14 of the video (GordonGecko) that was posted. The bridges are not going to be in anyone's way.

Old
10-20-2011, 01:53 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

They talk about what the fans want. Listening to the fans... blah blah...

DON'T PUT THE ****ING BRIDGES IN.

When I pay 200+ to take my kids to a game, I don't want a ****ing giant bridge in my face. I want my money worth. I want to see the ceiling with the banners. I want to see the center ice score board.

I DO NOT want to stare at people walking back and forth on a ****ing stupid bridge in my face.

Old
10-20-2011, 01:55 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Check out 1:14 of the video (GordonGecko) that was posted. The bridges are not going to be in anyone's way.
Wrong. They're going to prevent those who paid to sit in the upper sections from seeing "gardenvision" and they wont be able to see the ceiling and banners.

There is NO point to the bridges. None.

Old
10-20-2011, 01:57 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Wrong. They're going to prevent those who paid to sit in the upper sections from seeing "gardenvision" and they wont be able to see the ceiling and banners.

How dare they.

Old
10-20-2011, 03:26 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
They talk about what the fans want. Listening to the fans... blah blah...

DON'T PUT THE ****ING BRIDGES IN.

When I pay 200+ to take my kids to a game, I don't want a ****ing giant bridge in my face. I want my money worth. I want to see the ceiling with the banners. I want to see the center ice score board.

I DO NOT want to stare at people walking back and forth on a ****ing stupid bridge in my face.
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. I don't want these freaking things in..whether they block anything or not, they are distracting and dangerous. And I agree, they will block the banners and the jumbotron, and that alone pisses me off.

Speaking of the banners, I wish they would move them to begin with..I don't like how they have them scattered across the ceiling all around the building. Put the retired #'s all together, the four Stanley Cup banners together and all the other banners (division titles and whatever) together and have them above the ice like other teams. Do the same thing with the Knicks (even though I could care less about them).

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 10-20-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Closed Thread