HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's the Kostitsyn love?

Old
10-20-2011, 01:51 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
the comment section makes me rage and makes most posters here look like rocket scientist

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Habs12max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think Cole is cold. I think the man is settling into a new system, one that is very strict and defensively oriented. I don't know why people just expect new comers to just come in, do a few practices and play a few preseason games (versus weaker opponents and different linemates every game), and be great right off the bat.
I won't place any judgment on Cole until at least 1/4 of the season is passed. It can take time to get settled in. Sometimes people just click right away, sometimes it takes time, sometimes it doesn't work. Playing for such a structured system can't be an easy thing either. The jury is not out on Cole yet.
One thing for sure, he's been improving slowly every game imo. I think he will help us a lot once he becomes more accustomed to the style.

As for AK, as many believed before the season, having him on a 3rd line with very capable offensive players facing weaker opponents would be a huge help. These past couple games prove just that.
Now, if only Eller could be moved to center instead of DD...
Don't you realize that the third line consist of gionta gomez moen ?

Habs12max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:44 AM
gillyguzzler

Jacques Martin is really the key to how AK plays. It's easy to see that they don't like each other but they need each other. If JM doesn't mess with Andrei - benching for a mistake or penalty, no PP time at all, reduced ice time, switching lines - he'll get the most out of him despite a few mistakes here and there. Give AK 17-20 minutes a game and spot him on the PP (he wasn't bad on the point... better than Plek) and he'll give you points, hits and beautiful passes. He was even backchecking pretty hard during the last few games. Mess with him and embarass him (unfairly many times) and he'll pout and stop playing well.

He is what he is. IF JM wants the best out of him, play him and treat him fairly.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Jacques Martin is really the key to how AK plays. It's easy to see that they don't like each other but they need each other. If JM doesn't mess with Andrei - benching for a mistake or penalty, no PP time at all, reduced ice time, switching lines - he'll get the most out of him despite a few mistakes here and there. Give AK 17-20 minutes a game and spot him on the PP (he wasn't bad on the point... better than Plek) and he'll give you points, hits and beautiful passes. He was even backchecking pretty hard during the last few games. Mess with him and embarass him (unfairly many times) and he'll pout and stop playing well.

He is what he is. IF JM wants the best out of him, play him and treat him fairly.
Agreed and I do honestly think Martin is starting to give the ice time to the ones who deserve it the most, Kostitsyn is played 19 minutes against Buffalo just like Patches, now the only thing left is reduce Gomez's ice time and give it to Eller

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:09 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Agreed and I do honestly think Martin is starting to give the ice time to the ones who deserve it the most, Kostitsyn is played 19 minutes against Buffalo just like Patches, now the only thing left is reduce Gomez's ice time and give it to Eller
Yep, it had been a long time since AK played so many minutes. We'll have to wait and see how JM reacts to an inevitable AK error or penalty. A positive sign is AK did screw up his defensive coverage on the winning goal for Buffalo and wasn't benched.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote