HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-19-2011, 09:46 AM
  #126
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,840
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gorges and Markov both had ACL replacement.
yeah that's what i said.

but this is gorges first operation on his knee no?

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 10:03 AM
  #127
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Late November last year so almost 11 months.
Markov last had surgery on December 8, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
second surgery rehabilitation goes up to 12 months. the first one is about 8 months.

he didn't have his ACL repaired, if i understand correctly, it's completely new cartilage. same thing gorges and wiz had done. in theory, your cartilage, given enough time to heal, should be stronger than before you first tore it.
This is the key part in this whole Markov convalescence that everyone seems to ignore...there's nothing really abnormal about him not being on the ice right now

417 is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 10:13 AM
  #128
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
This is the key part in this whole Markov convalescence that everyone seems to ignore...there's nothing really abnormal about him not being on the ice right now
His ligament is 100% healed. His knee just needs to get used to intense daily work and right now it is not responding the way doctors would like it. Does not mean it will always be like that.

HH is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 10:26 AM
  #129
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
What is this obsession with Eller centering Max and A.K. ? It's working fine with DD. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

But I would try a Cammy-Gomez-Cole line.
DD can't seem to win faceoffs. It's a big problem.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
  #130
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I even miss Betts...
Another guy who was more injured maybe than we realized...

just saying.

Boris Le Tigre is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
  #131
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,840
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
DD can't seem to win faceoffs. It's a big problem.
especially for a guy that wants to play center and whos natural position is center

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:01 AM
  #132
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,106
vCash: 500
When Spacek is ready to play, who will be out ? Or maybe himself ?

zzoo is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:11 AM
  #133
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,088
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
When Spacek is ready to play, who will be out ? Or maybe himself ?
Probably Emelin.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
  #134
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Probably Emelin.
Hopefully no one. I like how all the young guys are playing. It's just our stupid special teams that are letting us down, and Emelin, Diaz or Weber should not pay the price for it. As i said before, i sincerely hope that Martin wakes up and puts Emelin in AK's spot at the PP point. The guy knows what he's doing out there and should be given a shot.

Markowicz is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:20 AM
  #135
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Probably Emelin.
Emelin been looking too good to be benched.

waffledave is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
  #136
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Probably some sort of rotation of the four (spacek, emelin, diaz, weber) so no one person spends too much time in the press box.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:33 AM
  #137
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 500
Cammy is making the trip to Pittsburgh. He does not rule out the possibility of playing tomorrow.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
  #138
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Cammy is making the trip to Pittsburgh. He does not rule out the possibility of playing tomorrow.
Plus he owns Pittsburgh.

Please win tomorrow and then the first home ice win vs Toronto on Saturday and we're back to .500. COME ON BOYS!

HH is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:50 AM
  #139
Aeneas
Registered User
 
Aeneas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
When Spacek is ready to play, who will be out ? Or maybe himself ?
i was wondering same thing, posted something in line combos thread,

i wonder who campoli and markov will replace too, emelin, weber, diaz?

Aeneas is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:51 AM
  #140
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,088
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Emelin been looking too good to be benched.
Truthfully, I've missed the last 2 games, so I can't debate that...but it just seems like the most logical choice. Spacek won't sit, the team already seems to have Diaz ahead of Emelin on the depth chart, and Weber looks like he's carved out a niche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Cammy is making the trip to Pittsburgh. He does not rule out the possibility of playing tomorrow.
Source?

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
  #141
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,017
vCash: 500
Twitter, pretty much everyone but right now John Lu reports that Cammy WILL make the trip, however Martin says he doubts Cammy plays. They are still awaiting medical clerance.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 12:01 PM
  #142
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Truthfully, I've missed the last 2 games, so I can't debate that...but it just seems like the most logical choice. Spacek won't sit, the team already seems to have Diaz ahead of Emelin on the depth chart, and Weber looks like he's carved out a niche.



Source?
Emelin is playing better every game he plays. IMO, he ahead of Diaz.

bcv is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM
  #143
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Emelin is playing better every game he plays. IMO, he ahead of Diaz.
They both look good and are gaining in confidence by the game. However, one of them will be benched when Spacek comes back, unless something magical happens.

What might that be?

They need to both become mainstays on the PP, and they both need to produce on it. If that happens, Martin will be forced to keep them in because he knows that the only way they win games is if the special teams play well.

So fat Martin has been too chicken to Emelin on the PP. If he grows a pair, and Emelin does well, I don't see how Spacek could bump him out of the lineup. Same goes for Diaz, but maybe to a lesser extent because he lacks physicality. I would keep him in, but maybe not Martin.

Anyhow, it all starts on the PP. I can't state that enough.

Markowicz is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 12:14 PM
  #144
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
They both look good and are gaining in confidence by the game. However, one of them will be benched when Spacek comes back, unless something magical happens.

What might that be?

They need to both become mainstays on the PP, and they both need to produce on it. If that happens, Martin will be forced to keep them in because he knows that the only way they win games is if the special teams play well.

So fat Martin has been too chicken to Emelin on the PP. If he grows a pair, and Emelin does well, I don't see how Spacek could bump him out of the lineup. Same goes for Diaz, but maybe to a lesser extent because he lacks physicality. I would keep him in, but maybe not Martin.

Anyhow, it all starts on the PP. I can't state that enough.
Or the PK. I didn't see Emelin on the PK when I think he would be great. But Martin gives only ES minutes to him. Oh well, I think they will come in soon, Martin is giving Emelin more and more responsabilities and he does well, just a matter of time for him to get PP, PK minutes.

bcv is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
  #145
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Emelin been looking too good to be benched.
hasn't stopped JM in the past...

Miller Time is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
  #146
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,088
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Twitter, pretty much everyone but right now John Lu reports that Cammy WILL make the trip, however Martin says he doubts Cammy plays. They are still awaiting medical clerance.
Thanks, I put a couple of quotes in the OP.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
  #147
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,457
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
hasn't stopped JM in the past...
and yet look at how much ice time a sophomore Subban is getting no matter how many blunders he makes. You have to earn your trust with Martin, plain and simple. Once you do that, then you are given leeway.

Nothing wrong with breaking in people slowly to our system that way.

macavoy is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 02:26 PM
  #148
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
hasn't stopped JM in the past...
Would drive me nuts. Emelin has been getting more and more physical every game. I can see him getting more confident out there. He moves the puck very well and his level of violence gets more and more exciting as time passes.

Honestly, I'm not so sure we need Spacek back that badly. I know it's all "doom and gloom" around here, but I am very impressed and happy with the way the team has been playing the last 2 games. The defense moves the puck exceptionally well...It's like the opposition never gets the puck. You have occasional brain farts as would be expected with all the rookies, but otherwise I really like the way we move the puck. It's been dominant for 2 games now...We ran into some bad luck is all.

waffledave is offline  
Old
10-19-2011, 03:06 PM
  #149
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Would drive me nuts. Emelin has been getting more and more physical every game. I can see him getting more confident out there. He moves the puck very well and his level of violence gets more and more exciting as time passes.

Honestly, I'm not so sure we need Spacek back that badly. I know it's all "doom and gloom" around here, but I am very impressed and happy with the way the team has been playing the last 2 games. The defense moves the puck exceptionally well...It's like the opposition never gets the puck. You have occasional brain farts as would be expected with all the rookies, but otherwise I really like the way we move the puck. It's been dominant for 2 games now...We ran into some bad luck is all.
The defense does move the puck very well, the problem is when the opposing team starts to cycle and sends the puck back to the point. Our dmen have trouble blocking access to Price's crease...the lack of a physical, punishing dman is evident in situations like this. But it's not something the Habs can't overcome.

Spacek should be back sometime mid-November, but I hope between now and then, it'll give time to Yemelin, Diaz and Weber to adjust and be allowed to make mistakes and learn from them.

Defensman are always in demand and at some point in the season this year, probably in December/January, the Habs (knock on wood) should have 8 healthy and capable NHL dmen, there could be a situation where another teams needs some depth which could create a situation where PG is ACQUIRING an additional 2nd round pick instead of trading one to patch up a hole...but then again, this is the Habs...

417 is offline  
Old
10-20-2011, 10:45 AM
  #150
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,777
vCash: 500
renhockey Renaud P Lavoie
#canadiens Mike Cammalleri et Jaroslav Spacek sont de l'entraînement matinal. Both are on the ice for morning skate.

HomaridII is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.