HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams calling about Brassard/Vermette. Tampa looking for top 4 dman

Old
10-20-2011, 05:03 AM
VanJaysFan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Id do JayBo and Bourque for Russell, Brassard and a 1st.

Good trade for both teams and addresses their needs.
Even to say Borque = Brassard

That would mean JayBo = Russell & a (no offense) guaranteed top-5 lottery pick.

Hell no and im not a fan of either ream.

VanJaysFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:05 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
Bite you're tongue sir, I have it on good authority that TBL ownership can and will spend like drunken sailors on a 2 day shore leave

Carl Gunnarsson <----->Carter Ashton + 2012 2nd

a real live NHL d-man for some potential
hahaha, good luck with that.

GOD NO from TB point of view

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:45 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Something based around Turris and some other decent assets would work just great for Phoenix. For either one of Vermette or Brassard, really.

Any way anything like that makes sense for Columbus?
No- Columbus needs a shut down defenseman, not another center.

I understand Turris is a problem child and Phoenix would like to get value for him; what makes you think Columbus would want to make a trade for a center?

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:48 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Scott Hartnell for Antoine Vermette straight up.

Gives the Flyers a little bit of cap space and a guy who can regularly win face-offs, a team need, even at the expense of size Hartnell brings. Blue Jackets get one of Carters old linemates back (Flyers use to roll a line of Hartnell-Carter-Lupul) which had pretty good chemistry.
Damn, I'm a fan of both teams and would say no for BOTH of them.

Columbus doesn't want a forward and can't fit Hartnell under the cap. Philly has no need for another smallish center.

Old
10-20-2011, 07:00 AM
Gardiner Express
(base)ball is life

Mike Komisarek for Teddy Purcell

Gardiner Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Because he's better than every forward they have besides Nash or Carter... Unless you're happy with Vaclav Prospal and Alexander Giroux in your top 6... But I see your point, just throwing out there for discussion.
Prospal is actually playing well for us and had a three or four game point streak going prior to the second game against Dallas.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I rather just keep Brassard. Bogo is so freaking overrated.
Brassard hasn't exactly flourished into his full potential either. Both could benefit with fresh starts and the Jackets aren't going to acquire another defender with a higher aptitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
No- Columbus needs a shut down defenseman, not another center.
Hence Brassard for Bogo, he can play 22+ minutes in a solid defensive role and may even be able to provide some offense if he develops it.

Last edited by vipernsx: 10-20-2011 at 10:26 AM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner Express View Post
Mike Komisarek for Teddy Purcell
keep dreaming bud.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
hahaha, good luck with that.

GOD NO from TB point of view
No kidding.

Kaberle fetched a 1st and Colborne.

We are not gonna get a Ashton type prospect in return for Gunner.

He's been really good, but he needs to continue this for the whole season before teams consider trading top of the line prospects for him.

Hopefully he doesn't get moved. He's been really solid, and perfect partner for Phaneuf.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF

M. Staal for Stamkos

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I disagree, he is not better than: Umberger, Vermette, Huselius, Nash, or Carter.

If you want Brassard, you would need to offer Gleason plus.
Well quite simply, you're wrong.

Huselius? Really? He can't stay healthy and is a perimeter player. I'd take Ruutu any day of the week. He plays hockey like a wet napkin with a wrist shot.

Vermette? Never really put up a lot of points. 47 last year, Ruutu had 57 and played 2-3 minutes less per game. Ruutu also had 309 hits and brings a whole other element to his game that Vermette can't touch.

Umberger is a bit closer, in fact they're pretty similar offensively (both had 57 points last year) and project similarly, but again, Ruutu blows him out of the water physically. More than twice as many hits.

Maybe he's on par with Umberger, but the other two guys are not the same player. Ruutu is underrated. He'll score 20 goals and 50-60 points and run people out of the rink all game. He's a pretty damn effective player in Carolina that often gets overlooked. He's better than any Columbus forward other than Nash, Carter and maybe Umberger. Better?

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 10:59 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I rather just keep Brassard. Bogo is so freaking overrated.
Brassard for Bogosian would be fit for us... do not overrate Brassard he is not so good as we think.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:02 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
would still rather Brass + something + pick/prospect for JayBo...
I hope not

Old
10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

Huselius? Really? He can't stay healthy and is a perimeter player. I'd take Ruutu any day of the week. He plays hockey like a wet napkin with a wrist shot.

Vermette? Never really put up a lot of points. 47 last year, Ruutu had 57 and played 2-3 minutes less per game. Ruutu also had 309 hits and brings a whole other element to his game that Vermette can't touch.

Umberger is a bit closer, in fact they're pretty similar offensively (both had 57 points last year) and project similarly, but again, Ruutu blows him out of the water physically. More than twice as many hits.

Maybe he's on par with Umberger, but the other two guys are not the same player. Ruutu is underrated. He'll score 20 goals and 50-60 points and run people out of the rink all game. He's a pretty damn effective player in Carolina that often gets overlooked. He's better than any Columbus forward other than Nash, Carter and maybe Umberger. Better?
The true is I prefer Ruutu over Brassard, Umberger or Vermette and if Carolina agree with the trade Brassard - Ruutu it would be good for us. We cannot overrate our players.

Old
10-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi-wayman

It would seem that both Columbus and TB are having goalie problems,

To Columbus: Cory Schneider
To Vancouver: Ryan Johansen

or

To Tampa Bay: Roberto Luongo, Andrew Alberts
To Vancouver: Vincent Lecavalier

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
It would seem that both Columbus and TB are having goalie problems,

To Columbus: Cory Schneider
To Vancouver: Ryan Johansen

or

To Tampa Bay: Roberto Luongo, Andrew Alberts
To Vancouver: Vincent Lecavalier
Not a chance CBJ entertains that thought.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:01 PM
TSA0402

Regardless of the thousands of calculations which would clearly show that Ruutu is nothing more than a marginal upgrade at best, Columbus has too many top six players already. When Huselius comes back its going to be a logjam. Have you seen their defense lately?

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:18 PM
DetroitWhat

To TBL: Jonathan Ericsson

To DET: Teddy Purcell

Tampa gets a big defenseman that can log some of the time opened up by Ohlund surgeries. Detroit gets a big-bodied, right handed forward, both of which they lack in a big way. Smith fills Ericsson's role and Connolly can be put on a scoring line rather than the 3rd.

or

To DET: Dustin Tokarski/Adam Wilcox and a 4th round pick

Wings need goalie prospects. McCollum is looking like a bust, Mrazek is good but hasn't proved anymore than McCollum had prior to becoming professional.

DetroitWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:27 PM
DetroitWhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Not a chance CBJ entertains that thought.
Kidding? Elite goalie prospect for elite center prospect when your team has a strength at center and a terrible goaltender situation sounds pretty good to me. Columbus currently has Carter (26), Brassard (24), Vermette (29), and Pahlsson (33) at center, in addition to 4th overall pick, Boone Jenner, and a few other capable prospects at center. Columbus has already shown relative ineptitude at developing forwards. Columbus currently has the worst goaltending situation in the NHL and Schneider has already shown adequate ability at the NHL level.

In other words, you are wrong.

DetroitWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:29 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitWhat View Post

Tampa gets a big defenseman that can log some of the time opened up by Ohlund surgeries. Detroit gets a big-bodied, right handed forward, both of which they lack in a big way. Smith fills Ericsson's role and Connolly can be put on a scoring line rather than the 3rd.

or

Wings need goalie prospects. McCollum is looking like a bust, Mrazek is good but hasn't proved anymore than McCollum had prior to becoming professional.

Im a marginal fan of Ericsson, but I think hes overpaid for what he brings. No way Purcell gets moved for him but I would entertain Janus being traded for him. Thats about it though. No way on Tokarski.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
In other words, you are wrong.
Except GM Scott Howson has stated he's completely against trading Johansen.

Plus it's completely possible that Schneider plays just as poorly as Mason when behind our defense.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:51 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:

No- we disagree. There is way more to players than just points. Vermette is one of the very best faceoff guys and pk centers in the league. He is versatile, can play center his natural position and wing. Ruutu played on a good line and is an agitator. I think his points are inflated by his linemates and frankly, agitators are not all that valuable. If you just want to go by points then Huselius scores more points than Ruutu. Added to all of that, Ruutu is a rental. Columbus is not in a position to send assets for rentals.

Not only that but the only Carolina player that makes sense for Columbus is Gleason, not a forward.

To take it step further, if Columbus wanted wings, it would be RIGHT wingers, not left. Nash has been forced to play the right side even though his natural and most effective side is the left side, because Columbus has too many left wingers.

Keep Ruutu. Only Canes player worth discussing for Columbus's needs is Tim Gleason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
The true is I prefer Ruutu over Brassard, Umberger or Vermette and if Carolina agree with the trade Brassard - Ruutu it would be good for us. We cannot overrate our players.
mt, ruutu is a rental. He's an unrestricted free agent after this season. He is not the "final piece for a Columbus Cup run. If I was Howson, no way I would give up a young developing top 6 center for a rental.

Last edited by TaketheCannoli: 10-20-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old
10-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:

or

I would might do Wilcox and a 4th for Ericsson.

Still not a big fan of him, any other defense-man that could be available? Maybe White or Kronwall?

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Id do JayBo and Bourque for Russell, Brassard and a 1st.

Good trade for both teams and addresses their needs.
I'd be all about it...but it wouldn't work cap wise...as someone mentioned we'd probably have to add Huselius in with it to make it work...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Kidding? Elite goalie prospect for elite center prospect when your team has a strength at center and a terrible goaltender situation sounds pretty good to me. Columbus currently has Carter (26), Brassard (24), Vermette (29), and Pahlsson (33) at center, in addition to 4th overall pick, Boone Jenner, and a few other capable prospects at center. Columbus has already shown relative ineptitude at developing forwards. Columbus currently has the worst goaltending situation in the NHL and Schneider has already shown adequate ability at the NHL level.
Its much easier to look real good as a goaltender on a Stanley Cup calibre team. Ask Manny Legace.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote