HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH vs. VAN "Night Shift" 9:00 PM CST

Old
10-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I don't get why bergfors keeps getting lined up with mcgrattan, smithson, o'reilly, etc. No wonder people are complaining about his production!

I say we let him play with fellow swede Hornqvist and Legwand at centre. Give him a real shot at putting up offense
O'Reilly is a playmaker with two shooters on his wings tonight. If Bergfors wants to earn more ice time, he's gotta prove himself with those linemates tonight...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:15 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
While true, I would rather see Kesler on his ass a lot rather than having Spaling try to skate with him. Just my 2.0 cents.
While I agree with you you have to be able to catch up to Kesler to put him on his rear. Catch-22. Maybe we can morph Spaling and Geoffrion into one player. Oh wait, that's Mike Fisher.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
While I agree with you you have to be able to catch up to Kesler to put him on his rear. Catch-22. Maybe we can morph Spaling and Geoffrion into one player. Oh wait, that's Mike Fisher.
Or we could just beat Kesler into submission. I like that idea better.

And playing with Cal O'Reilly is nothing to be excited about.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:01 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Playing with Cal O'Reilly was definitely something worth getting excited about last season. Maybe he can add to his one point tonight with a couple of shoot-first type guys playing his wings.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Tonight's 8th Maxim:

If you don't shoot, you can't score.

Guys, 12 shots is not going to beat any NHL team, especially one that went to the cup finals a few months ago.

We know how to beat Vancouver, we just need to actually do it.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I feel like ORLY getting put with two snipers is Trotz saying "this is it. Produce or go on waivers/AHL" This is his last shot.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post

We know how to beat Vancouver, we just need to actually do it.
A few big parts of that are also not playing.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:45 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnFlyersFan View Post
Flyers fan coming in peace...when do you think Lindback gets a start? Or does Rinne never rest / never sleeps? lol
I hope he gets a start soon! I really like what Lindback showed us last year! But keep in mind we would probably lost a game extra at least and got totally blown out in others of it weren't for rinne

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Easy win for the Canucks tonight. They will pretty much have their way with us. Lou won't hear many boos in this shutout.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I hope he gets a start soon! I really like what Lindback showed us last year! But keep in mind we would probably lost a game extra at least and got totally blown out in others of it weren't for rinne
I'm thinking Lindback could start against Calgary, but clearly the team is taking things one game at a time right now...

Old
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM
MarkMM

What's funnny is that over on the Canucks board a lot (most?) are predicting a Nashville win tonight. Vancouver is without exception HORRIBLE every October, the only hope is that after gettings spanked our last game the team may be motivated to come out swinging. But Nashville may be similarly motivated.

Didn't know you guys had so many injuries, that might be the difference-maker. The Sedins are playing strong, but that's about it, almost no secondary support although flashes from the long-awaited rookie Hodgson. Defense is quietly but consistently strong.

As for the question on Kesler, he is just flying out there. Word was that the Canucks wouldn't let him back until he was 100% better, not even any stiffness or soreness from his surgery, and he sure looked like he was 110% last game, so that may be where the team turns for secondary scoring.

On the Nashville end, I'm really excited to see Smith, I've heard a lot about him. Too bad Fisher's out, he's a difference-maker, and of course, Rinne has established himself league-wide as a goalie to be feared.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I'm thinking Lindback could start against Calgary, but clearly the team is taking things one game at a time right now...
Yeah especially with the late start tonight and early one Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised but at this point it's hard to not want Pekka in there.

Old
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Yeah especially with the late start tonight and early one Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised but at this point it's hard to not want Pekka in there.
Pekka is really the only guy winning us games so far. I'd rather start Lindback when our offense starts to get in a groove to take some of the pressure off him.

Is it confirmed that Bergfors is playing tonight?

Time to get revenge against the canuckleheads.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
What's funnny is that over on the Canucks board a lot (most?) are predicting a Nashville win tonight. Vancouver is without exception HORRIBLE every October, the only hope is that after gettings spanked our last game the team may be motivated to come out swinging. But Nashville may be similarly motivated.

Didn't know you guys had so many injuries, that might be the difference-maker. The Sedins are playing strong, but that's about it, almost no secondary support although flashes from the long-awaited rookie Hodgson. Defense is quietly but consistently strong.

As for the question on Kesler, he is just flying out there. Word was that the Canucks wouldn't let him back until he was 100% better, not even any stiffness or soreness from his surgery, and he sure looked like he was 110% last game, so that may be where the team turns for secondary scoring.

On the Nashville end, I'm really excited to see Smith, I've heard a lot about him. Too bad Fisher's out, he's a difference-maker, and of course, Rinne has established himself league-wide as a goalie to be feared.
We have a lot of injuries but the depressing part isn't necessarily the injuries themselves, but the pathetic lack of offensive depth we have which makes those injuries so valuable.

I don't know too much about the Canucks from the standpoint of how slow they start every year and things like that, but from our side you can throw all those things out right now. We're desperate to get something going and it shows. We got outworked Monday at Edmonton and honestly that NEVER happens to a Preds team.

Count in the fact that we had 12 shots the entire game, and had just played two pathetic home games before that and you have a recipe for desperation. We traditionally suck in Vancouver (how we won 2 of 3 there in last year's playoffs I'll never know) and all that combined is why a lot of pessimism is raining down over here.

Old
10-20-2011, 04:25 PM
NoNecksCurse

Canucks 4
Preds 1

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:40 PM
KevFist
is best pony

I have the feeling that Rinne is the type of goalie that ells the coach when he needs a night off

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
I have the feeling that Rinne is the type of goalie that ells the coach when he needs a night off
he definitely is. problem is, he'd play every game if it were up to him.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Gnashdavis

Have we traded/waived O'Reilly yet? If not can we please sit him FOREVER! Oh yeah I can't stand the Nucks and I hope someone gives Burrows what he deserves. Just win Preds... That is all.

Gnashdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:26 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashdavis View Post
I hope someone gives Burrows what he deserves.
The finger...to nibble on?

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:35 PM
NoNecksCurse

i am going to be paying close attention to weber tonight. he has seemed to lost his edge from last season. still a great player, just hope he starts earning that 7.5million salary. thats big boy bucks!

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Teekko

going to the game!

gonna be wearing my Weber jersey with pride

Teekko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
he definitely is. problem is, he'd play every game if it were up to him.
That's the truth. Rinne would gladly play every minute of every game if it were up to him. Trotz has to make that decision for him at times, although right now it'd definitely be hard to ask him to sit out while the team looks to turn it around. That being said, he's good friends with Lindback and supports Anders whenever he's in there...

Old
10-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Krishna

Go Preds!

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post

Anyone picking a Preds win has not watched this team we may be the worse team in the NHL right now. We'll get better hopfully.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Anyone picking a Preds win has not watched this team we may be the worse team in the NHL right now. We'll get better hopfully.
You clearly haven't been watching enough Senators games. Go Preds.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote