HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How would you feel about Tanking?

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Problem is, if we're any where near a play-off spot, like if we;re not completely out of contention, this management group won't do that. They'll do what they've always done, make a few minor deals, stand pat and let UFA's walk for nothing.

Souray.
Streit.
Komisarek.
Koivu.
Kovalev.
Tanguay.
Schneider.
Wizniewski.
Moore.

How many players did we trade for to let them walk in UFA when they had high value? I'll never forget not trading Souray at the dead-line, when he was scoring, a lot of people wanted him, and we stood pat. Missed the play-offs and he walked. Komisarek and Streit were valuable commodities. Komisarek has floundered and Streit has excelled.

Wizniewski and Moore served us well when we acquired them, but we let them go for nothing. Really, Moore centering our 4th line right now would be a dream. Wizniewski back on D rather than Spacek or Campoli? Definitely makes our PP better and a more dangerous offensive team.
No not Spacek or Campoli. Wiz got way overpaid and PG was smart to let him go for that reason. Also it was either him or Markov going and we chose Markov which could have bit us in the junk.

Old
10-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Of course they won't do it. There's a lot they won't do. It is the Habs. They aren't exactly good at maximizing assets.
Yeah they should have traded Halak when he was hot instead of....or maybe actually get something for Rivet...or...

Old
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I know. Sadly... I know.

Don't forget wasted assets Ribeiro, Grabs, S Kosti, Higgins, Lapierre, McD, O'Byrne...

Certainly some of those can be explained but you're right overall it's a long, long list of guys we gave away or let leave for next to nothing. I really didn't care about us giving away Ribeiro for example but when you give him away along with everyone else it becomes a big problem.

And no, I don't think we'll do a rebuild anytime soon and I think that it's too bad because I think it would help us.

Actually, what deserves an award is some guy coming into this thread and actually trying to pass off the first five games as the basis of my opinion.

The core was built two years ago. We should've rebuilt then but reloaded with medicority to replace our already mediocre core. That is not going to change this season dude. I don't need the 5 games we've already seen to know this. And when we go on our inevitable hot streak at some point and you're over there posting in the "Gosh it feels like '93!!!!!111" thread, I still won't see us as good enough.

We don't have a core capable of winning a cup. We have a goalie who's capable and we have some guys who may be able to be part of a winning core down the road, but we've saddled ourselves with a mediocre core that isn't going to win this season or next if we're still stuck with those guys.

So please... take your "it's only 5 games" crap and go back to the "Gosh I hope Gomez Scores at Least 45 Points This Year" thread.

We should've rebuilt two years ago. Instead we delayed this by re-stocking with more medicority. Yet you defend this. I don't understand why...

Don't you ever want to see a cup here again? Or will you be happy telling your grandchildren (with great pride no doubt) how you got to see us (led by the great Brian Gionta) lose to the eventual cup champs in a 7 game first round knockout?

Again, I listen to Leaf fans everyday talk with pride about 1993 and how they ALMOST made it to the finals. And sadly, that's what I see here. People not only defending mediocrity but championing it.

Like I said, the Hab threads become more and more like the Leaf threads every day. Defending stupid moves like the Gomez trade and being happy with signing an over the hill guy like Cole to a 4 year deal. That's not how you build a winning team and if the logo was Toronto's, you'd know this. But because it's a CH on the sweaters it becomes... anyone can play, anyone can win. Right.
wow this guy gets so offended easily. I think I saw the word mediocre 200 times we get it buddy, even though you are clearly a micro managing fan who has no faith in the team what so ever...Good job, maybe you should jump on the leafs wagon now. I can't wait to say I told you so

Old
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I know. Sadly... I know.

Don't forget wasted assets Ribeiro, Grabs, S Kosti, Higgins, Lapierre, McD, O'Byrne...

Certainly some of those can be explained but you're right overall it's a long, long list of guys we gave away or let leave for next to nothing. I really didn't care about us giving away Ribeiro for example but when you give him away along with everyone else it becomes a big problem.

And no, I don't think we'll do a rebuild anytime soon and I think that it's too bad because I think it would help us.

Actually, what deserves an award is some guy coming into this thread and actually trying to pass off the first five games as the basis of my opinion.

The core was built two years ago. We should've rebuilt then but reloaded with medicority to replace our already mediocre core. That is not going to change this season dude. I don't need the 5 games we've already seen to know this. And when we go on our inevitable hot streak at some point and you're over there posting in the "Gosh it feels like '93!!!!!111" thread, I still won't see us as good enough.

We don't have a core capable of winning a cup. We have a goalie who's capable and we have some guys who may be able to be part of a winning core down the road, but we've saddled ourselves with a mediocre core that isn't going to win this season or next if we're still stuck with those guys.

So please... take your "it's only 5 games" crap and go back to the "Gosh I hope Gomez Scores at Least 45 Points This Year" thread.

We should've rebuilt two years ago. Instead we delayed this by re-stocking with more medicority. Yet you defend this. I don't understand why...

Don't you ever want to see a cup here again? Or will you be happy telling your grandchildren (with great pride no doubt) how you got to see us (led by the great Brian Gionta) lose to the eventual cup champs in a 7 game first round knockout?

Again, I listen to Leaf fans everyday talk with pride about 1993 and how they ALMOST made it to the finals. And sadly, that's what I see here. People not only defending mediocrity but championing it.

Like I said, the Hab threads become more and more like the Leaf threads every day. Defending stupid moves like the Gomez trade and being happy with signing an over the hill guy like Cole to a 4 year deal. That's not how you build a winning team and if the logo was Toronto's, you'd know this. But because it's a CH on the sweaters it becomes... anyone can play, anyone can win. Right.
You take pessimism to a whole new level...let's ignore all the positive and only look at negative.

How does relating to something that happened 2 and 4 years ago related to 1993(18 years ago)? If you hate so much what the Habs are doing go cheer for somebody else and be freaking happy.

Yup Cole is over the hill but signing Connolly to be your #1 center is a solution? PRICELESS!

Old
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
wow this guy gets so offended easily. I think I saw the word mediocre 200 times we get it buddy, even though you are clearly a micro managing fan who has no faith in the team what so ever...Good job, maybe you should jump on the leafs wagon now. I can't wait to say I told you so
So we're winning the cup this year then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You take pessimism to a whole new level...let's ignore all the positive and only look at negative.

How does relating to something that happened 2 and 4 years ago related to 1993(18 years ago)? If you hate so much what the Habs are doing go cheer for somebody else and be freaking happy.

Yup Cole is over the hill but signing Connolly to be your #1 center is a solution? PRICELESS!
Dude... I don't think you're able to read. I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

Old
10-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

On that note, this thread is done.

Closed Thread