HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers recalled Brayden Schenn; Zac Rinaldo and Harry Zolnierczyk to AHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2011, 03:04 AM
  #176
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,982
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
To clarify, I said I see more of Toews/Toews-lite from Schenn than a Richards. Schenn has a much smoother handling of the game which I believe Toews to have. Richards has a much more rugged, dominant style that isn't in line with what Schenn plays. Smooth is definitely the best way to describe it.

I think when I said that I was describing our team...

vanRiemsdyk - LeClair
Giroux - Forsberg-lite
Schenn - Toews/Toews-lite
Couturier - E. Staal
Gustafsson = Orr?
Klotz = Lindros?

amirite?

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:08 AM
  #177
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Gustafsson = Orr?
Klotz = Lindros?

amirite?
Gustafsson is starting to look more like Randy Jones than anyone, which is starting to annoy me.

Klotz as Lindros is underestimating Klotz's impact on the game of hockey. Dude changed everything. Lindros was just a freaking bum. Can't wait for Klotz's first NHL game. I already ordered the jersey.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:17 AM
  #178
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
What the hell is this -lite stuff. You are either like the player or you are not. Forsberg was a top 3 player in the league during his time. Schenn hasn't played yet and he's toews.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:23 AM
  #179
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
What the hell is this -lite stuff. You are either like the player or you are not. Forsberg was a top 3 player in the league during his time. Schenn hasn't played yet and he's toews.
It's a comparison to what the player would be with their potential fully realized.

You're not incapable of grasping these concepts so don't pretend to be.

When draft analysts were comparing Sean Couturier to Jordan Staal on draft day, they weren't calling him Jordan Staal right that instant.

-lite basically means lesser version.

Giroux can't reach Forsberg because he lacks the size to be physically dominant. Even so he possesses the vision, the puck-control, the dangles, and the physicality associated with a Forsberg-esque player.

I don't think I should need to explain it any further.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:46 AM
  #180
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Couturier should be better than Jordan Staal offensively, eventually

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
  #181
FlyersCup08
Registered User
 
FlyersCup08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It's a comparison to what the player would be with their potential fully realized.

You're not incapable of grasping these concepts so don't pretend to be.

When draft analysts were comparing Sean Couturier to Jordan Staal on draft day, they weren't calling him Jordan Staal right that instant.

-lite basically means lesser version.

Giroux can't reach Forsberg because he lacks the size to be physically dominant. Even so he possesses the vision, the puck-control, the dangles, and the physicality associated with a Forsberg-esque player.

I don't think I should need to explain it any further.
Zing

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:33 AM
  #182
DUHockey9
Registered User
 
DUHockey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hogwarts
Country: United States
Posts: 4,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Gustafsson is starting to look more like Randy Jones than anyone, which is starting to annoy me.
Gustafsson, shot! Blocked.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:37 PM
  #183
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
To clarify, I said I see more of Toews/Toews-lite from Schenn than a Richards. Schenn has a much smoother handling of the game which I believe Toews to have. Richards has a much more rugged, dominant style that isn't in line with what Schenn plays. Smooth is definitely the best way to describe it.

I think when I said that I was describing our team...

vanRiemsdyk - LeClair
Giroux - Forsberg-lite
Schenn - Toews/Toews-lite
Couturier - E. Staal
Yeah, that's what I meant, too.
These comparisons are also more of an attempt to describe the styles which those players play, not the level they're doing it on.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 12:55 PM
  #184
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,488
vCash: 0
didnt someone here say if Couturier turns into the next Rod Brind'Amour that it would be a dissapointment. I mean really? yeah who needs 1200 point players, Selke award candidates and great leaders.
In all honesty I dont like comparing rookies to established players or retired players on there way to the HHOF. not fair to either player. I just hope Couturier continues to get better and turn into a really good player for us.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
  #185
CTU2fan
Registered User
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
didnt someone here say if Couturier turns into the next Rod Brind'Amour that it would be a dissapointment. I mean really? yeah who needs 1200 point players, Selke award candidates and great leaders.
In all honesty I dont like comparing rookies to established players or retired players on there way to the HHOF. not fair to either player. I just hope Couturier continues to get better and turn into a really good player for us.
I guess you could argue that Jeff Carter > Rod Brind'Amour...he's (Carter) a pretty good 2-way player and if he can stay on the ice and off IR he should be a better offensive player than Brindy was. But it's close, and you're getting presumably 8 more years of Couturier. If Couturier turns out to be Brindy the deal's a slam-dunk win for Homer even if Voracek got hit by a bus tomorrow.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:15 PM
  #186
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Oh god, we don't have an enforcer to fight another enforcer!

That said, it's not an overly physical team, but it's definitely not soft.
your hatred towards rinaldo does not allow you to be objective at all. You say you would rather have holmstrum or testicles in his place. what exactly have they shown? they were so impressive during camp they were sent packing after a week. your track record on layers who you think will make it or are good isnt all that great.

how is pat maroon, "sunshine", the finn dman, gustffson and luke pither working out? bertilson? I guess akeson is your new boy?

who would have thought that rinaldo would have played more games than maroon and gustfsson combined at this point?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:16 PM
  #187
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
I guess you could argue that Jeff Carter > Rod Brind'Amour...he's (Carter) a pretty good 2-way player and if he can stay on the ice and off IR he should be a better offensive player than Brindy was. But it's close, and you're getting presumably 8 more years of Couturier. If Couturier turns out to be Brindy the deal's a slam-dunk win for Homer even if Voracek got hit by a bus tomorrow.
Carter is not the offensive player that Brind'Amour was. Brind'Amour was a three time 70 point scorer, 2 time 80 point scorer and 1 time 90 point scorer during his tenure in Philadelphia.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
  #188
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
your hatred towards rinaldo does not allow you to be objective at all.
There's no hatred of Rinaldo, just a distrust. Most of that has been eased though. He's played effectively without doing anything remarkably stupid.

However, I also feel that not only is his role becoming obsolete, but we have many other players that can be of more use in the lineup as opposed to Rinaldo.

I also don't think he has a legitimate NHL future. Most teams will go through bangers and crashers like hockey players go through tape. Smaller ones with no real offensive upside and no real defensive skills do not last long.

If he thinks he's up for the challenge, I'm more than willing to be proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
You say you would rather have holmstrum or testicles in his place. what exactly have they shown?
Holmstrom and Testwuide are physical, defensive stalwarts in the AHL. So what have they shown? Ability to play the PK? I think that's pretty significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
they were so impressive during camp they were sent packing after a week.
A lot of very good players were sent down after a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
your track record on layers who you think will make it or are good isnt all that great.
Really?

Maroon just got called up to the NHL.
Nodl is certainly still with the team.
Bobrovsky did some pretty cool things eh?

What about my track record of players I didn't like?
Legein? Riopel?

Then again, I guess it's far easier to pick out busts from a lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
how is pat maroon,
Maroon is an NHLer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
"sunshine",
He's dominating the highest level of Swedish hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
the finn dman,
He basically told the Flyers' organization to go **** themselves. It had nothing to do with skill. He's off playing very well in Finland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
gustffson
He was an AHL All-Star as a rookie last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
and luke pither working out?
He's actually scoring now that he's not being misused. Go figure. And he's playing well. Unfortunately he got jumped by quite a few people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
bertilson?
Injury prone. Are you going to blame me for Ryan Parent's chronic back problems as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
I guess akeson is your new boy?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
who would have thought that rinaldo would have played more games than maroon and gustfsson combined at this point?
Want to take bets on their careers?


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-20-2011 at 06:22 PM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:33 PM
  #189
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,909
vCash: 500
I didn't read many of the pages here.

But is anyone else on here not expecting much out of Schenn this season like I am?

I wasn't really impressed with him during training camp and preseason.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
  #190
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I didn't read many of the pages here.

But is anyone else on here not expecting much out of Schenn this season like I am?

I wasn't really impressed with him during training camp and preseason.
Well Laviolette all but came out and said that he believed Schenn was more offensively capable at this point in time than Couturier.

I honestly believe Schenn's quiet preseason had more to do with injury and a focus on defensive play. The word was that Schenn did not make the Kings because he was not ready defensively, and the Flyers organization wanted him to focus on that part of his game so that he'd be capable up and down the lineup.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:46 PM
  #191
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,456
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I didn't read many of the pages here.

But is anyone else on here not expecting much out of Schenn this season like I am?

I wasn't really impressed with him during training camp and preseason.
I guess it depends on your definition of much. I'm looking for 10-15 goals and 30-40 pts. I would be ok with that first year production. What are you expecting?

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:00 PM
  #192
alx83*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Maroon isn't an NHLer he's an extra body to be used as a scratch at the moment. Now, I'd love for him to be something more than that in the future.

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:09 PM
  #193
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
Maroon isn't an NHLer he's an extra body to be used as a scratch at the moment. Now, I'd love for him to be something more than that in the future.
Shhh.

That guy doesn't actually follow the NHL, let alone the Ducks. Quit blowing up my spot.

But yeah, I'm still high on Maroon. He's had a good year in the AHL so far, and the Ducks could use a top 9 forward.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
  #194
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
There's no hatred of Rinaldo, just a distrust. Most of that has been eased though. He's played effectively without doing anything remarkably stupid.

However, I also feel that not only is his role becoming obsolete, but we have many other players that can be of more use in the lineup as opposed to Rinaldo.

I also don't think he has a legitimate NHL future. Most teams will go through bangers and crashers like hockey players go through tape. Smaller ones with no real offensive upside and no real defensive skills do not last long.

If he thinks he's up for the challenge, I'm more than willing to be proven wrong.



Holmstrom and Testwuide are physical, defensive stalwarts in the AHL. So what have they shown? Ability to play the PK? I think that's pretty significant.



A lot of very good players were sent down after a week.



Really?

Maroon just got called up to the NHL.
Nodl is certainly still with the team.
Bobrovsky did some pretty cool things eh?

What about my track record of players I didn't like?
Legein? Riopel?

Then again, I guess it's far easier to pick out busts from a lineup.



Maroon is an NHLer.



He's dominating the highest level of Swedish hockey.



He basically told the Flyers' organization to go **** themselves. It had nothing to do with skill. He's off playing very well in Finland.



He was an AHL All-Star as a rookie last year.



He's actually scoring now that he's not being misused. Go figure. And he's playing well. Unfortunately he got jumped by quite a few people.



Injury prone. Are you going to blame me for Ryan Parent's chronic back problems as well?



Yep.



Want to take bets on their careers?
defensive stalwarts, that is a bit of an overstatement, even for ahl standards.


i dont care about other good players being sent down. i am talking about those 2, who at best will be cup of coffee type guys who will play less than 50 career games.


maroon played 1 nhl game, now he is an nhler, really.

yeah "sunshine" was so i highly regarded every nhl team didnt even take a flier on him with lousy 7th rd pick in the last draft. none even signed him as a free agent. so glad he is dominating in europe. means squat right now. lets se ehim do it in the nhl, then you can be smug. until then zip it.

now the finn told the flyers to f themselves. that is priceless. more like the otherway around their slick. he was homesick. he took his ball and went home becuase he couldnt cut it. yes it does have to do with his skill as he wasnt good enough to play in N/A. check again, he isnt playing all that well. i am sure yo have many sources, maybe you can get an update and revise your opinion.

wow, gus wa san ahl all star. well someone form that team had to go. another guy who will never be more than a cup of coffe type player.


pither is scoring now? i guess your verison of scoring and mine differ. he has already been a healthy scratch.

yeah i will take a bet that rinaldo plays more nhl than those 2.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:41 PM
  #195
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Hartnell: If the organisation want him to stay they need to give him a top6 spot. If they want to trade him, they give him the 3rd or 4th line. To demote him.

Briere: Given his salary and his importance in the last years he can´t be centering the 3rd line!

Couturier: He is 18!!! Years old. So why in the world does it hit his development if he centers the 4th line? He gets a lot of pk minutes and plays 12 - 15 Minutes a night. He can be your first callup for the top 9 if someone is hurt or in a scoring slump.

Schenn: He should center the 3rd line to show if he can play solid 2 way hockey and make an impact without the best player around him!

Read: He is just too good right now, so he must stay in the top6. If he slows down he can be switched with Couturier

My lineup:

Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr --> Simmonds play PF in front of the net
JVR-Briere-Hartnell --->Chemistry for the two old flyers! JVR search chemistry as well
Voracek-Schenn-Read--->Schenn has good hockey player as his linemates
Talbot - Couturier - Nödl---> Dline can play important minutes and will be used as PKler.....
.
.
.
.
.
Shelley


For me its the perfect lineup!

Maybe switch the italic written players

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 08:43 PM
  #196
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake
 
Ironmanrulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Hartnell: If the organisation want him to stay they need to give him a top6 spot. If they want to trade him, they give him the 3rd or 4th line. To demote him.

Briere: Given his salary and his importance in the last years he can´t be centering the 3rd line!

Couturier: He is 18!!! Years old. So why in the world does it hit his development if he centers the 4th line? He gets a lot of pk minutes and plays 12 - 15 Minutes a night. He can be your first callup for the top 9 if someone is hurt or in a scoring slump.

Schenn: He should center the 3rd line to show if he can play solid 2 way hockey and make an impact without the best player around him!

Read: He is just too good right now, so he must stay in the top9. If he slows down he can be switched with Couturier

My lineup:

Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr --> Simmonds play PF in front of the net
JVR-Briere-Hartnell --->Chemistry for the two old flyers! JVR search chemistry as well
Voracek-Schenn-Read--->Schenn has good hockey player as his linemates
Talbot - Couturier - Nödl---> Dline can play important minutes and will be used as PKler.....
.
.
.
.
.
Shelley


For me its the perfect lineup!

Maybe switch the italic written players

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
  #197
Larry44
10 - 88
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
defensive stalwarts, that is a bit of an overstatement, even for ahl standards.


i dont care about other good players being sent down. i am talking about those 2, who at best will be cup of coffee type guys who will play less than 50 career games.


maroon played 1 nhl game, now he is an nhler, really.

yeah "sunshine" was so i highly regarded every nhl team didnt even take a flier on him with lousy 7th rd pick in the last draft. none even signed him as a free agent. so glad he is dominating in europe. means squat right now. lets se ehim do it in the nhl, then you can be smug. until then zip it.

now the finn told the flyers to f themselves. that is priceless. more like the otherway around their slick. he was homesick. he took his ball and went home becuase he couldnt cut it. yes it does have to do with his skill as he wasnt good enough to play in N/A. check again, he isnt playing all that well. i am sure yo have many sources, maybe you can get an update and revise your opinion.

wow, gus wa san ahl all star. well someone form that team had to go. another guy who will never be more than a cup of coffe type player.


pither is scoring now? i guess your verison of scoring and mine differ. he has already been a healthy scratch.

yeah i will take a bet that rinaldo plays more nhl than those 2.
Great Post!

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:03 PM
  #198
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Great Post!
How is that a great post? It looks like a joke to me.

1. Testwuide was +12 on a team that was -51. He put on an absolutely dominating performance defensively for the Phantoms last year. Holmstrom +/- was closer to the team average, but the Flyers are grooming him for a 4th line center role.

2. Rinaldo is a waste of a roster spot. I don't care who is happy to see him go bowling every night. This is hockey, not bowling. Skating around hitting people is fun, but it's only so helpful when he can't do anything else.

3. Maroon will play in Anaheim eventually.

4. "Sunshine" is right now tearing up the 3rd most competitive league in the world. Frankly, I don't care who didn't draft him or sign him. They made a mistake.

5. Gus was 8th in defensive scoring in the AHL last year as a rookie. He was seventh in scoring among ALL rookies in the AHL. On top of that he was really the only competent defenseman on the team for most of the year. In fact, he was a point away from leading the Phantoms in scoring last year. Yep, cup of coffee player.

6. Pither still can't play defense. I've said before that that is going to be his biggest downfall. Apparently once upon a time I was high on Pither? Not exactly. Notice how he went from the bottom of the top 20 to completely off it in this recent go around. I will say that Pither is ungodly talented offensively and when not misused he will score, just as he has been. I think Pither will make it to the NHL like Klotz will make it to the NHL. But according to this kid I'm Pither's biggest fan. Give me a break.



Quite frankly, you're saying "great post" to someone who didn't even say anything. It's a VanSciver argument: looks and sounds great (if you ignore the spelling mistakes and the plot holes) but in the end it's just an argument where he wants you to show him proof only to tell you that you haven't shown him proof after you place it nicely right in front of him. And then he'll put words in your mouth. This is the guy who invented the VanSciver argument. I suggest you not take him seriously. Notice how I'm not directly speaking to him, only to you.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
  #199
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
How is that a great post? It looks like a joke to me.

1. Testwuide was +12 on a team that was -51. He put on an absolutely dominating performance defensively for the Phantoms last year. Holmstrom +/- was closer to the team average, but the Flyers are grooming him for a 4th line center role.

2. Rinaldo is a waste of a roster spot. I don't care who is happy to see him go bowling every night. This is hockey, not bowling. Skating around hitting people is fun, but it's only so helpful when he can't do anything else.

3. Maroon will play in Anaheim eventually.

4. "Sunshine" is right now tearing up the 3rd most competitive league in the world. Frankly, I don't care who didn't draft him or sign him. They made a mistake.

5. Gus was 8th in defensive scoring in the AHL last year as a rookie. He was seventh in scoring among ALL rookies in the AHL. On top of that he was really the only competent defenseman on the team for most of the year. In fact, he was a point away from leading the Phantoms in scoring last year. Yep, cup of coffee player.

6. Pither still can't play defense. I've said before that that is going to be his biggest downfall. Apparently once upon a time I was high on Pither? Not exactly. Notice how he went from the bottom of the top 20 to completely off it in this recent go around. I will say that Pither is ungodly talented offensively and when not misused he will score, just as he has been. I think Pither will make it to the NHL like Klotz will make it to the NHL. But according to this kid I'm Pither's biggest fan. Give me a break.



Quite frankly, you're saying "great post" to someone who didn't even say anything. It's a VanSciver argument: looks and sounds great (if you ignore the spelling mistakes and the plot holes) but in the end it's just an argument where he wants you to show him proof only to tell you that you haven't shown him proof after you place it nicely right in front of him. And then he'll put words in your mouth. This is the guy who invented the VanSciver argument. I suggest you not take him seriously. Notice how I'm not directly speaking to him, only to you.
So please explain to me how I didn’t say anything. Maybe it is me but I thought I was perfectly clear on what I said no? What words did I put in your mouth? Show me proof about what? What are you talking about?

1. So testweed put on a dominating performance defensively in the ahl. This is according to you and your opinion. Not a fact. Peter white put on a dominating performance in the ahl. How far did that get him to becoming a regular in the nhl? Stop comparing what a guy does in the ahl and think it will translate to the nhl. Itisnt an apples to apples comparison. They are grooming holmstrum to be a 4th line center? Gee no kidding. That is what they do in the minors, groom players for the main club. They have been grooming players since, last I checked, for many years. So what was your point in saying they are grooming him? Doesn’t mean those players will take that next step. What a revelation. He has a shot but I don’t think he will make it, an opinion. you think he will, which just happens to be a fact in your world.
2. No need to even discuss rinaldo. You hatred towards himis comic relief. You cant be objective at all in this case, despite what you may think.
3. Maroon will play eventually. I agree. He may get another game here and there. He will never be an nhl regular. He is part of a long list of mistakes the flyers have made over the last few years though right?
4. So every nhl team was wrong and made a mistake about “sunshine” yet you are correct. Another fact. That works for me.
5. Those stats your throwing out there are very impressive. For the ahl. Gus is avg at best in his own zone, for ahl standards. He is very weak physically. He is not good enough to be an nhl regular. Saying he was the best d of a bad bunch isn’t exactly saying much is it. The flyers thought so much if him they went out and signed an over the hill lilja. Then when camp comes around he couldn’t even beat out said lilja along with not being able to beat out walker. I know you will make some excuse on why he was sent down though. That seems to be a pattern. Again this will be another mistake by the flyers.
6. You were a pither backer not so long ago. So don’t deny it. you say when not misused he will score like he has been. Can you please describe this scoring he is doing? He has been in the press box recently. Is he scoring in the carter/Richards off ice picking up chicks kind of way? Otherwise I don’t get how you can say he is scoring.


Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-21-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Cleaning up unneeded commentary.
jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:05 PM
  #200
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals View Post
This is according to you and your opinion. Not a fact.
My opinion is law.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.