HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Richard Zednik for a d-man proposals

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Kegger

vCash: 510
Alexander Semin and Brendan Witt
for
Zednik and Hainsey

Old
10-25-2005, 12:30 PM
CloudReader

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethKeggins
Alexander Semin and Brendan Witt
for
Zednik and Hainsey

GA! very tempting...

But what's Semin doing these days? Is he in Russia?

Old
10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
mcphee

The Warrener idea is great value, but I just think that Mtl. may be thinking about some offensive upside, esp. a good point man. I really like Warrener though. I think that it's been so long since Mtl. hasn't had to scramble to ice to offensive lines that we're getting a bit giddy. I think they're better off working with the guys they have at this point. I think that it's too soon to have a solid read on their needs. A clutch goal scorere like Zednik is always of value. Strangely,the fact that he hasn't put up huge #'s somehow makes him more valuable in the cap world. Clutch doesn't get you $.

Old
10-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
The Warrener idea is great value, but I just think that Mtl. may be thinking about some offensive upside, esp. a good point man. I really like Warrener though. I think that it's been so long since Mtl. hasn't had to scramble to ice to offensive lines that we're getting a bit giddy. I think they're better off working with the guys they have at this point. I think that it's too soon to have a solid read on their needs. A clutch goal scorere like Zednik is always of value. Strangely,the fact that he hasn't put up huge #'s somehow makes him more valuable in the cap world. Clutch doesn't get you $.
Perhaps a 3 way deal then:

to Montreal:
Niinimaa

to Calgary:
Zednik

to NYI:
Warrener

Throw in some picks as necessary to balance it out.

Old
10-25-2005, 01:54 PM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph

to Montreal:
Niinimaa

to Calgary:
Zednik

to NYI:
Warrener

I was seriously thinking the same thing, but trying to include Parrish (more scoring) to Calgary, Perzehogin (LW'er for Yashin or Kvasha) to Long Island and then something else (more size/toughnest forward) from Calgary to Montreal such as Weimer or Simon.

Old
10-25-2005, 01:57 PM
mcphee

I think Perez. has shown enough that they will let his potential play out in Mtl. I'm leery of Niinimaa. I don't think he's an upgrade defensively, and I don't know if he's a take charge guy offensively. Zhitnik was a guy I wish they had signed but that's kind of spilt milk now.

Old
10-25-2005, 02:14 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
to SJ- Zednik, Souray

to Mtl- Brad Stuart, Christian Erhoff, 3r round pick
Now you're tawkin'. I don't think the Sharks would be too anxious to do this tho...lol

Old
10-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Seph

Quote:
I think Perez. has shown enough that they will let his potential play out in Mtl. I'm leery of Niinimaa. I don't think he's an upgrade defensively, and I don't know if he's a take charge guy offensively. Zhitnik was a guy I wish they had signed but that's kind of spilt milk now.
I'm curious which of Bouillion, Rivet, Streit, Dandenault and Komisarek you do not think Niinimaa is an upgrade over. I'll give you that Markov has been better this year and Souray is more or less a wash. At the very least he'd push Streit and Dandenault out of the top 6, which is an upgrade. It may not be enough of an upgrade to warrant trading Zednik, which is fair, but I think it's a clear defensive updgrade.

Old
10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
I was seriously thinking the same thing, but trying to include Parrish (more scoring) to Calgary, Perzehogin (LW'er for Yashin or Kvasha) to Long Island and then something else (more size/toughnest forward) from Calgary to Montreal such as Weimer or Simon.
I like Perez, but don't see Montreal moving him any time soon. I doubt Wiemer has any interest in playing for NYI and would be a bad attitude on the team after the waiving fiasco a bit back. Simon would be welcome, but I don't think at the cost of Parrish.

The real prize is Warrener, as he's exactly what I think the Isles need. A true top 4 defensive defenseman who has a long history of getting defenses to come together and play hard deep into the playoffs. I think he'd be the glue on the Isles defense and have coveted him for a while now.

Old
10-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:

to Montreal:
Niinimaa

to Calgary:
Zednik

to NYI:
Warrener

In all honesty I would rather have Warrener on the Habs. That would allow Souray and/or Markov to abandon some of their defensive responsibilities and be more creative on offense.

Old
10-26-2005, 08:31 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I'm curious which of Bouillion, Rivet, Streit, Dandenault and Komisarek you do not think Niinimaa is an upgrade over. I'll give you that Markov has been better this year and Souray is more or less a wash. At the very least he'd push Streit and Dandenault out of the top 6, which is an upgrade. It may not be enough of an upgrade to warrant trading Zednik, which is fair, but I think it's a clear defensive updgrade.
I can't argue that Janne is a better d man than any of the 5 you mention. Being a better player doesn't mean that it warrants a change though. Of the 5 you mention,Komi is developing at a slow but steady pace, Rivet has been excellent,as has been Bouillon. I don't know that playing ahead of Dandenault improves team D. Individually, I won't argue, but team D is something else. Not that I can speak for Mtl. fans but the perception is that the CH lack a clear #1 stud, and this is what keeps them below elite level in the league. This in itself is open to debate but the team's fortune's are looking up and fans are dreaming of cups again. So, I'm not disagreeing, I just think that adding him may not improve them, esp. not when you subtract a guy like Zednik.

Old
10-26-2005, 08:43 AM
Seph

Quote:
I can't argue that Janne is a better d man than any of the 5 you mention. Being a better player doesn't mean that it warrants a change though. Of the 5 you mention,Komi is developing at a slow but steady pace, Rivet has been excellent,as has been Bouillon. I don't know that playing ahead of Dandenault improves team D. Individually, I won't argue, but team D is something else. Not that I can speak for Mtl. fans but the perception is that the CH lack a clear #1 stud, and this is what keeps them below elite level in the league. This in itself is open to debate but the team's fortune's are looking up and fans are dreaming of cups again. So, I'm not disagreeing, I just think that adding him may not improve them, esp. not when you subtract a guy like Zednik.
That's a completely fair assessment. Personally, as long as Montreal is playing as well as they are, I don't see a reason to make any sort of trade. If the team slows down, then maybe think about moving what you can to plug some holes, but right now, it's best not to stir the pot too much.

I kind of figured you meant it wasn't a clear enough upgrade to move Zednik for, and as said in my post I can see that. I just disagreed with your statement that Niinimaa was not an upgrade defensively.

Old
10-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe
In all honesty I would rather have Warrener on the Habs. That would allow Souray and/or Markov to abandon some of their defensive responsibilities and be more creative on offense.
Can't argue with that, I clearly also prefer Warrener to Niinimaa.

Old
10-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Marksman

I would much rather take Niinimaa than Warrener for Zednik.

Niinimaa brings some offence and he makes Habs left side defence complete. There would be need to use Souray on PP no more and the would be bumped down to 3rd pair 5th dman spot - where he belongs in modern game. I like Warrener too, but we have Rivet Komisarek and Dandenault to the right already.

Zednik + Hainsey for Witt + Semin has merit too, especially if it didnt include Zednik and Witt ... headcase for headcase.

Old
10-26-2005, 05:01 PM
gars59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
perezhogin for wiemer or simon

Old
10-30-2005, 10:23 PM
MXD

The Habs needs a creative D-Men... Not a Warrener-kind d-men.
I know, Warrener is second pairing, but I really don't see what he would do in MTL.

Kimmo Timmonen or Janne Ninimaa could be good rentals.

Closed Thread