HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Miikka Salomäki

Old
10-20-2011, 02:08 PM
thomast

vCash: 500
Miikka Salomäki

Salomäki has most points in his team despite having 3 games less than most. I think that Salomäki is 2nd best drafted prospect from Finland right now. His puck skills are criminally underrated. He plays similar game to Tuomo Ruutu but is even nastier. Tuomo Ruutu had 23pts in 51 games after his draft year Salomäki has 6goals+2assists=8points in 11 games. This kid isn't scared of anything hitting like a train, playing nasty, agitates and scores goals. He's not dirty but hes extremely annoying for opposite players and fans.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Riggs
Kaptain

Who do you have rated as the best drafted prospect from Finland?

Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:40 PM
bebl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Salomäki has most points in his team despite having 3 games less than most. I think that Salomäki is 2nd best drafted prospect from Finland right now. His puck skills are criminally underrated. He plays similar game to Tuomo Ruutu but is even nastier. Tuomo Ruutu had 23pts in 51 games after his draft year Salomäki has 6goals+2assists=8points in 11 games. This kid isn't scared of anything hitting like a train, playing nasty, agitates and scores goals. He's not dirty but hes extremely annoying for opposite players and fans.
i agree with you 100%. Miikka"Bull"Salomäki is one of my favorite players.

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
Who do you have rated as the best drafted prospect from Finland?
Mikael Granlund . Just loving The Bulls game.

Watch out when he comes into NA.

Old
10-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I'm really happy with this pick, looks to be quite the steal.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:02 PM
YARR123

I LOVE him. He's my favorite finnish prospect after Granlund and after almost one quarter of the season played he's easily been the best player of his fellow finnish draftees of 2011.

And I agree his puck skills are very underrated. He's not a datsyuk but he can really manouver the puck right infront of the net. And he has a quick shot from defensemens feet. His way of protecting the puck looks like Jagr. And he has the body of a bull and a heart of a berserk viking. What else do you need?

Edit: European trophy and sm-liiga combined he now has 11+2=13 points in 17 games. Now that I think of it, IMO 2010 and 2011 draft class combined he's been the best finnish player after Granlund. And Pulkkinen and Donskoi haven't been playing badly.

YARR123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Riggs
Kaptain

Quote:
Mikael Granlund . Just loving The Bulls game.
He's a real nice player. I look forward to watching him play at the WJC.

Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:06 PM
tikkanen5rings*

I see him more like Matt Cooke than Tuomo Ruutu. Still could be a great snatch for a mid 2nd rounder.

tikkanen5rings* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Edit: European trophy and sm-liiga combined he now has 11+2=13 points in 17 games. Now that I think of it, IMO 2010 and 2011 draft class combined he's been the best finnish player after Granlund. And Pulkkinen and Donskoi haven't been playing badly.
That might be a reach, as Pulkkinen has had almost PPG. Salomäki has been really good though. Like his versatility, as he can play in almost any role if needed.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:51 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
That might be a reach, as Pulkkinen has had almost PPG. Salomäki has been really good though. Like his versatility, as he can play in almost any role if needed.
Maybe it is a stretch, just feels like Salomäki has been more important for his team. Like i said Pulkkinen has been good, but Salomäki has really made a case for himself

Old
10-20-2011, 05:55 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Well if I had to pick one to become a regular NHL player. I'd pick Salomäki too. Pulkkinen will be a great sniper in top 6 or he won't and stays in Europe. Salomäki on the other hand coul become a top 6 goalcrasher or he could also play the bottom 6. His game looks more North American than European.
His nastyness reminds me of Jarkko Ruutu but he is definitely a better hockey player.

tikkanen5rings* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanen5rings View Post
Well if I had to pick one to become a regular NHL player. I'd pick Salomäki too. Pulkkinen will be a great sniper in top 6 or he won't and stays in Europe. Salomäki on the other hand coul become a top 6 goalcrasher or he could also play the bottom 6. His game looks more North American than European.
His nastyness reminds me of Jarkko Ruutu but he is definitely a better hockey player.
Agree with everything you said. I'm just not really sure about Salomäki's chances to be a top 6 player in NHL, but you never know...

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Loffer

vCash: 954
Quote:
Maybe right now. But it is only because Armia is in a slump. Simple math.

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:46 AM
thomast

Quote:
Agree with everything you said. I'm just not really sure about Salomäki's chances to be a top 6 player in NHL, but you never know...
I think he has good chances to become top 6 player in the NHL. He have been consistent and top 3 player for his team already being best point scorer. He's just 18 years old. 6 Goals in games 11 in the pace of 33 goals in full regular season. You have to remember that he's excellent two-way player which helps him alot. This guy had 43points in 37 in Jr. A as an underager. Better PPG than Joel Armia or Markus Granlund.

He's made for the NHL.

Old
10-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach

Quote:
Just loving The Bulls game.

He should play for the Bruins

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 04:03 AM
EkiE

vCash: 50
that bull got some skills, has anyone drafted it yet?

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
that bull got some skills, has anyone drafted it yet?
I have a hunch that he plays for the Bruins. #17

Old
10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
thomast

Salomäki should switch hockey to nba Chicago bulls.

Old
10-21-2011, 11:35 AM
thomast

Less than 30mins played the bull has 1+1

Old
10-21-2011, 11:37 AM
YARR123

Salomäki 1+1 so far after 30 minutes against Kalpa, who are now no. 1 in SM-liiga

Old
10-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Needles

Salomäki was absolute beast today. I wouldn't be surprised if played in the fourth line in World Championships next spring. Hopefully he stays in Finland for another year and improves his skating and all around game before NHL. SAlomäki is criminally underrated. Maybe because he doesn't play in Helsinki.

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Jack DiBiase
Team Iceland Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if played in the fourth line in World Championships next spring.
Yeah, right...

Or maybe you are talking about the World Junior Championships?

Old
10-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
Yeah, right...

Or maybe you are talking about the World Junior Championships?
Obviously he is going to be an important player for us in WJC. If he continues to develop like this, he is going to be a lot better six months from now. At the moment, I wouldn't consider him any worse than Jani Lajunen was last season. And Jani Lajunen played in the World Championships in our fourth line. Also Teemu Pulkkinen was one of the last to be cut from the final squad, and right now, Salomäki is as dominant player as Pulkkinen. And this comes from Jokerit fan.

Unfortunately for our young guys, this years WHC is held in Finland. So obviously there will be many big-name players available. But i'd rather see a guy like Salomäki in the lineup than a guy like Jarkko Ruutu.

Old
10-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Obviously he is going to be an important player for us in WJC. If he continues to develop like this, he is going to be a lot better six months from now. At the moment, I wouldn't consider him any worse than Jani Lajunen was last season. And Jani Lajunen played in the World Championships in our fourth line.
Wow. Lajunen was way better defensively last year than Salomäki is right now. Salomäki might have the upside on the offensive play but that won't get him to the 4th line in WC.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Wow. Lajunen was way better defensively last year than Salomäki is right now.
Granted. But lot of things can happen in six months. Vatanen played his first WC in 2010, Granlund in 2011. I'm a reaching that badly when I claim that a guy like Salomäki could be the next in line?