HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Game #6: St. Louis Blues @ Los Angeles Kings

Old
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Blues88

vCash: 500
This could be completely baseless but I feel like Oshie plays better when McDonald is in the line up.

I have no science to back up this claim.

Unfortunately, the make up of this team is such that guys like Backes, Berglund, Stewart, and Oshie cannot go stretches without points. Really, one or two of the four should be putting up a point every game. It is essential that they produce or we are a stale and beatable team.

This team's creativity, as someone previously mentioned, is atrocious. The zone entries are atrocious. We can obviously play a dump and chase game (we always choose to do so) but we do this far too often and rarely is it effective. You really see the weakness of the forecheck with McDonald out of the lineup.

The PK is weak.

Halak is exposed and he looks shaky. I don't want to hit the panic button, and **** does happen, but in my opinion your starter shouldn't be getting pulled this early in the season. He looks about on par for a repeat of last years performance, and with a questionable back up and a d corps seemingly in limbo, we wont win very many games.

They made some pretty solid moves last year (though I think McClement's presence is sorely lacking) and yes, we need an owner, but they need to get a playmaker in here and someone who is not being asked to play over their heads night in, night out. Boston is a good example of an otherwise unspectacular club who won a lot of games playing as a five man unit (and incredible goaltending) so it can be done. I don't think we have guys that have a finishing problem, we just cant seem to set up any solid scoring chances on a consistent basis.

On a side note, the Kings looked great. Kopitar is really something else, and look at Gagne. They got pretty deep up front in a hurry, at least through their top 6. Quick looked good but really, what saves did he have to make. We hardly pressured the zone at all.

Does anyone want to attempt to discuss coaching?

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 10:58 AM
intangible

vCash: 139
Time to give Elliott back to back starts. If he does well, great. If not, hopefully it lights a fire under Halak's butt. Halak only seems to do well when he has a good goalie behind him (Price in MTL, Vokoun, etc for Olympics). We need Elliott to push him.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 12:12 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
its only 6 games guys, we will get it together. Not quite time to fail for nail yet.

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
its only 6 games guys, we will get it together. Not quite time to fail for nail yet.

They could join the Rams' suck for Luck campaign. Everybody thought the Rams were a playoff team also before the season. This Winter is setting up to be depressing already.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Blues88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
They could join the Rams' suck for Luck campaign. Everybody thought the Rams were a playoff team also before the season. This Winter is setting up to be depressing already.
Good god! Who said such things?

Old
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues88 View Post
Good god! Who said such things?
The Rams were 7-9 last season and were one win away from the playoffs. Pegging them as a definite playoff contender made sense before injuries struck on defense and the WRs started dropping balls.

SneakerPimp82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Blues88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
The Rams were 7-9 last season and were one win away from the playoffs. Pegging them as a definite playoff contender made sense before injuries struck on defense and the WRs started dropping balls.
No doubt that rationale exists, but I can't figure out why someone would think they would be a definite playoff contender after a combined 6 wins over the previous 3 seasons.

Old
10-19-2011, 08:21 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
No doubt that rationale exists, but I can't figure out why someone would think they would be a definite playoff contender after a combined 6 wins over the previous 3 seasons.
Because the Rams play in the NFC West. Besides we had 7 wins last season, so the seasons before that really don't matter.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Blues88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Because the Rams play in the NFC West. Besides we had 7 wins last season, so the seasons before that really don't matter.
So because we're 0-5, last season's 7 wins don't really matter then?

Old
10-19-2011, 08:37 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
So because we're 0-5, last season's 7 wins don't really matter then?
Last season or any other season means nothing to this season and this season's problems. This goes for every sport. No one knew in the preseason, when people expected the Rams to contend for a playoff spot that all of a sudden the receivers would trade their hands in for bricks, the o-line would forget how to pass block, and every decent CB on our team would get hurt.

Because we had 1 win one season and 7 wins last season means absolutely nothing right now.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
Soooooo what's with the Cartman voice yelling "go kings go!" before a face off?
The SouthPark guys, Matt Stone and Tray Parker, live in LA and are Kings Fans ... as you saw from RonSwanson's post before me ... they have done up several videos that the Kings use in game against teams, it gets the Crowd pumped up.

Anyways, keep your heads up Blues Fans ... you guys killed us all 4 games last year, it was just our time this go around , but your teams future is bright and you should be battling it out for a playoff spot I think this year, so Good Luck

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
The SouthPark guys, Matt Stone and Tray Parker, live in LA and are Kings Fans ... as you saw from RonSwanson's post before me ... they have done up several videos that the Kings use in game against teams, it gets the Crowd pumped up.

Anyways, keep your heads up Blues Fans ... you guys killed us all 4 games last year, it was just our time this go around , but your teams future is bright and you should be battling it out for a playoff spot I think this year, so Good Luck
Thats pretty cool about Matt and Trey, I know they're big Broncos fans I'm surprised theyre not Av's fans, but thanks let's hope we get this thing settled down so there's more competitive games

The Note is online now   Reply With Quote