HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UPN is a disgusting channel

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2005, 04:37 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
UPN is a disgusting channel

Was anyone watching the game on UPN yesterday because i certainly was and boy was i MAD!!!!!!
With 30 seconds left to go in the 2nd period they went to a commercial, while the Flyers still had the puck behind Theodore. Then they had a commercial right in the beginning of the 3rd and missed another 30 seconds. What the hell is this crap.?!

Old
10-26-2005, 04:44 PM
PoutinePourMoi

Wow, coming from CT, the land of crappy television, I have to say that is the worst Ive heard about in a while.

Old
10-26-2005, 04:46 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBruins87
Wow, coming from CT, the land of crappy television, I have to say that is the worst Ive heard about in a while.

It was horrific

Old
10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaMan21
Was anyone watching the game on UPN yesterday because i certainly was and boy was i MAD!!!!!!
With 30 seconds left to go in the 2nd period they went to a commercial, while the Flyers still had the puck behind Theodore. Then they had a commercial right in the beginning of the 3rd and missed another 30 seconds. What the hell is this crap.?!
Yeah, I was steamed at that too. When they cut out it was right in the middle of a shift where there was good offensive pressure.

Old
10-26-2005, 04:50 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Its UPN, what do you expect? Im shocked to learn they had a hockey game on the channel.

Old
10-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Brad*

Center Ice gave me the TSN feed, which was pretty good. Except for Pierre McGuire. He's going to die during a hockey broadcast, no joke. Too excited.

Last edited by Brad*: 10-26-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old
10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Lord ZipLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Center Ice gave me the TSN feed, which was pretty good. Except for Pierre McGuire. He's going to die during a hockey broadcaster, no joke. Too excited.
LOL so true i had the same feed on my center ice, its rather comical.

Old
10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
The n00b King ©*

while i had a stint down in the states (in MA) a couple years ago, UPN was the only channel that really took risks showing just about any garbage that nobody else wanted to broadcast. this includes shows like: saved by the bell, buffy the vampire slayer, dark angel (or was that the WB?) and such. does that mean that UPN showing a hockey game is because no other channel wants to show this "garbage"?? i would think that the mere fact that they were showing a hockey game defies laws of cosmic proportions. a la HP Lovecraft. is this...the coming of Cthulhu???

Old
10-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
while i had a stint down in the states (in MA) a couple years ago, UPN was the only channel that really took risks showing just about any garbage that nobody else wanted to broadcast. this includes shows like: saved by the bell, buffy the vampire slayer, dark angel (or was that the WB?) and such. does that mean that UPN showing a hockey game is because no other channel wants to show this "garbage"?? i would think that the mere fact that they were showing a hockey game defies laws of cosmic proportions. a la HP Lovecraft. is this...the coming of Cthulhu???
UPN regularly covers Flyers games depending on what Comcast is showing. If there is an overlap with a Sixers game on the same night, then one will be on Comcast and the other on UPN (assuming one isn't on national tv). Usually the feed is fine, I guess they just made a big mistake at the end of the 2nd.

Old
10-26-2005, 10:47 PM
letsgoflyers75

Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers75 Send a message via MSN to letsgoflyers75
I doubt UPN's people run the hockey broadcasts. It's probably the same crew from CSN, and it just runs on UPN. Just one mistake... a bad one, but thankfully it's rare.

Old
10-26-2005, 11:21 PM
The Joker*
Simba

"This energy is amazing"

Old
10-27-2005, 01:00 AM
DeleteThisAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers75
I doubt UPN's people run the hockey broadcasts. It's probably the same crew from CSN, and it just runs on UPN. Just one mistake... a bad one, but thankfully it's rare.
But surely UPN runs the commercials. There's no way the CSN guys can handle that from the truck.

Old
10-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Steve L*

You think thats, bad, NASN cut away and missed the whole of the 3rd period of the HNIC game.

Ill forgive them as the Flyers are on 6 times next month.

Old
10-29-2005, 03:17 AM
DJ Spinoza

Our UPN in Pittsburgh is the same way with commercials. There must be something goofy with the entire station, because how hard can it be to set times for commercials? All the games have designated times for goodness sake.

Old
10-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Verbeek
Human see, human do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
Our UPN in Pittsburgh is the same way with commercials. There must be something goofy with the entire station, because how hard can it be to set times for commercials? All the games have designated times for goodness sake.
Yeah, I hate when its on UPN.. they LOVE missing faceoffs. I don't know exactly how cable stations are run.. but I know before the first Pens game on UPN the screen flashed "FSN FEED #2", so maybe its bad management between two cable stations.

Old
10-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Dr Love

This is nothing. It's become FOX policy to miss the first pitch of every inning during regular season baseball broadcasts to get in some more commericals. More than once they've missed a home run because they didn't show the first pitch.

Old
10-29-2005, 12:33 PM
tom_servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaMan21
Same thing happened on a Pens broadcast last week. They didn't know what they were doing. They went to a commercial right at the faceoff.

Old
10-30-2005, 06:51 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

UPN pisses me off, I live in york, the "no fly zone"...the harrisburg UPN station broadcasts phillies games, but no flyers...i dont know what to say...i thought i got the flyers tonight, instead, its stargate sg1

Old
10-30-2005, 10:31 PM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
hey I just moved to harrisburg this weekend as a matter of fact and tonite no flyers game, jesus christ, what do I have to do to see a game on TV?

Old
10-30-2005, 10:42 PM
DeleteThisAccount

Incidentally, did anyone notice how the overlay was rather... lacking tonight?

I know it's a CSN/producing thing but there were absolutely no PP times and very few live stats shown at all.

Old
10-30-2005, 10:44 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveHabs
hey I just moved to harrisburg this weekend as a matter of fact and tonite no flyers game, jesus christ, what do I have to do to see a game on TV?
its pathetic...UPN's affiliates are in harrisburg and philly...harrisburg airs phillies games but not flyers games...i dont know

one thing for sure...WE WILL SEE THE GAME THURSDAY NIGHT...they play the capitals, and we will get it on comcast pending some obscure blackout rule here in...the no fly zone

Old
10-31-2005, 01:32 AM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
I wouldnt be suprised if some obscure reason wasnt even needed and it just wasnt on...******* comcast has been pissin me off!

Old
10-31-2005, 01:53 AM
PoutinePourMoi

The NHL itself has to completely review and revamp the NHL national and local tv stations and schedules. This is ridiculous.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBruins87
The NHL itself has to completely review and revamp the NHL national and local tv stations and schedules. This is ridiculous.
You think you have it bad, I got to see Ana v Pho instead of Phi v Ott.

Pho have been on about 5 times while Ive only seen the Flyers once although that was the Tor game.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:50 AM
bert

They didnt have a powerplay clock for the flyers sens game. They also wouldnt show any replay of the sens goals. It was the worst broadcast I have ever seen.

Closed Thread