HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This better be the last of Jacques...[but we know it won't be]

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
JackZap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by linix2012 View Post
FUN FACT:

If Ottawa wins today (winning 3-1)
Habs move into 15th place in the EAST..

Yes ladies and gentlemen, we will be DEAD last in the East
gonna be a bad year for scalpers

Old
10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Everybody calm the **** down!!!

remember, 2-5 two years ago.

it`s early, the best team in the league is 3 wins ahead of us..ok, lol, we`re having a bad little rut here, just like we do EVERY SINGLE YEAR. that`s no need to panick. We`re going home. We played great against colorado at home. We played great against buffalo at home. And we`re gunna play great against toronto. Just calm down, and stop calling for jaques martin`s head. Jacques martin`s systemis great. We just didn`t play it tonight. We had no legs, and we had no head. We were still upset about the buffalo game, and this one is going to give us a big slap in the face, and a kick in the ass. Toronto..saturday...getting back on track...mark it down. buy a proline. that`s W number 2, and price`s 100th

Old
10-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post

it`s early, the best team in the league is 3 wins ahead of us..ok, lol, we`re having a bad little rut here, just like we do EVERY SINGLE YEAR. that`s no need to panick. We`re going home. We played great against colorado at home. We played great against buffalo at home. And we`re gunna play great against toronto. Just calm down, and stop calling for jaques martin`s head. Jacques martin`s systemis great. We just didn`t play it tonight. We had no legs, and we had no head. We were still upset about the buffalo game, and this one is going to give us a big slap in the face, and a kick in the ass. Toronto..saturday...getting back on track...mark it down. buy a proline. that`s W number 2, and price`s 100th
And how much did you have to drink tonight, to actually believe what you wrote?!?

Old
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Where are the Cole fans?
Here !

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

Will you reimburse me when I inevitably lose on proline from your guarantee?

Old
JimmyDarmody

I'm not a huge Martin fan but there's nobody out there who could do anything special with this scrub roster.

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
I like DD on the powerplay but he got absolutely destroyed at even-strength tonight. With him on the ice the Habs were out-shot 13-4 (23-4 if you look just at shot attempts.

I was hoping he'd be able to be a 3rd-line centre for the team next year. More and more it looks like he might not be able to handle that role when the team doesn't have last change.
He really needs to play wing or to play with big wingers.

To be fair to everyone, a lot if the blame is in Martin. He's one of the wrist corrected I've ever seen. I wonder how good Ottawa would have been if they had a real coach.

Old
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:

no need to panic right now but it might be different in 1 week.

Old
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
FUN FACT:

Came here to say this. Funny isn't it? I had a really good feeling before the beginning of the season. Ah, oh well. 2012 is really a good draft. As good as 2003 I hear.. Hopefully we'll a Getzlaf and not a (as much as I like him) Kostitsyn.

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Actually, that might be the worst game since the one against Ottawa, I think that's 3 or 4 years ago. I remember Hasek, after stopping all 13 shots, saying it had been his easiest game ever. I think tonight belongs in the same category. Very average game by Fleury. It should have been an easy shutout for him tonight.
Indeed, this team can be so pathetic on the road thats unbelievable.. we played what 3 games on the road so far this year? 2 of the 3 were a huge embarassment.. we keep playing like this and we will be the laughing stock of the league.. I wouldnt be surprised to see some empty seats at the Bell center either..

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Hahaha, yeah, way to identify the priorities. The Habs have been scored on 19 times this year, and he was on the ice for only one of them (and it was a PP goal, hence his 0 +/-). You might also find it amusing that he won more draws than Eller tonight.
Eller was our best forward tonight.

I think this was Martin's worst game since joining us. I think every player got a chance to play with everybody tonight. This was the worst line juggling I've ever seen. Absolutely brutal.

I don't really understand how a team goes from domination in Buffalo to such a poor outing tonight. Sure, bad games happen every now and then. Extremely poor games also happen every now and then. But at 1-4-1, after playing two games that we could have won, this is unacceptable.

Old
10-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
FUN FACT:

Actually 14th since we beat Winnipeg

Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
but the truth,

molson has to make a move, force this team to find a indentity
If JM gets fired which I don't think will happen PG should go with him.. He should shoulder some of the blame for this group of players on the ice.. Unfortunately both aren't going anywhere IMO..

Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He really needs to play wing or to play with big wingers.

To be fair to everyone, a lot if the blame is in Martin. He's one of the wrist corrected I've ever seen. I wonder how good Ottawa would have been if they had a real coach.
Exactly what I was saying to my parents tonight. There's no reason that Ottawa team shouldn't have at least been in the finals. Lalime or not.

Old
Skarjak

Ok, I was actually cool about this, but you guys have succeeded in riling me up.

Dewors Martin!

Seriously though, I think the most disappointing fact is that we have no excuse. Our young defensemen have actually been playing pretty well. It's the team veterans and our two franchise players who haven't been playing up to their potential.

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
1-4-1. Worst six games start for the #habs since 1995-1996 (1-5-0). Jacques Demers was fired after game 5 (0-5-0).

can someone confirm this?
I think Demers was let go after going 0-4 to start the season, actually. Laperierre was interim for the next loss before Tremblay took over, I believe.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
habsjunkie2*

To me, this is on the players. Martin wasn't telling them to completely suck, they did that on their own, could be a long season, I'm not panicking yet, but the effort tonight was freaking pathetic, our team doesn't have enough skill to coast through games.

Might be a sobering wake up call if we continue to play like crap.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
I'm not a huge Martin fan but there's nobody out there who could do anything special with this scrub roster.
I partially agree, but his player choices and line combos sometimes make Carbonneau look like a genius.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:01 PM
hockey8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Can we watch it for 60 minutes?
in slow motion yes

Old
10-20-2011, 09:02 PM
OneSharpMarble

Relax guys it's only preseason!

Old
10-20-2011, 09:03 PM
hockey8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
gonna be a bad year for scalpers
at least we will not have a riot

Old
10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
The problem is that this is will only get worse. Our minors are drained of players. And this team isn't getting younger. Add the Cole, Gomez contracts and we are in some deep poop!
That's another issue. In year's past we could call up players like Pacioretty, Plekanec, Weber, etc to change the dynamic of the team and add a spark.

Who do we call up? Andrew Conboy?

It is a major issue.

I believe we have a good team (especially top 9) if they are utilized correctly with the right system. Dump and chase does not suit the style of players we have. I have no idea why Martin has them playing such a passive system.

Not only is it ULTRA boring to watch, but it is killing our team.

I have never seen a team fail to make such basic 10 foot passes.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Hugo Sham

time for goat to pull a lamourillo and flush martin and repatriate muller
who i'm sure has an out clause to return to NHL

Old
10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Well at least we can call up McD from the farm and... oh wait.

Old
10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
NewHabsEra*

Also, can we end the Engqvist experiment plz!!! I would even play Hal Gill over him to center that fourth line.. Tlak about an useless player!! 0 skills, 0 intensity, 0 caractere, not physical, bad on the faceoffs and defensively below average.. Come on, I would even play Hal Gill over him on that fourth line center spot!! Call up Blunden or Conboy to add some physical presence instead..

Closed Thread