HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  #76
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,858
vCash: 528
What do you Swedish experts think of Johan Larsson? I saw he just surpassed last season's point total already. Seems like a complete player.

Surly Furious is online now  
Old
10-21-2011, 02:52 AM
  #77
Howe Elbows 9
Registered User
 
Howe Elbows 9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gävle, Sweden
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
I've read that Brodin has been as solid as ever in the defensive zone. Some were expecting/hoping that he would have a coming out offensively this season. Is he getting some PP opportunities? Is he showing more offensively so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude17 View Post
How about klefbom
Färjestad had some real problems getting anything going offensively for the first eleven games of the season. I don't know how much PP time Brodin gets, but his ATOI so far is 18:26 and he doesn't have any power play points.

Nygren, on the other hand, has three PP goals so far while playing on average 17 minutes.

Klefbom played on average six minutes per game for five games before being sent to FBK's junior team after the game on October 1.

Howe Elbows 9 is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 06:09 AM
  #78
Ilovemymum
recreational MD
 
Ilovemymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 672
vCash: 50
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=73397

Next Norwegian draft pick. Brother of Steffen the goalie that was picked by Chicago and Current Swift, but sayed at home for unapperant reasons. The former will be a 2nd rounder. Would be a first rounder, if it wasn't for the fantastic waffles with goatcheese served by his mother.

Ilovemymum is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 10:42 AM
  #79
Fregus
Modo Hockey
 
Fregus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Busy November for Team 18 with two different tourneys at the same and therefore two different roster.

World Junior A Challenge, Canada, November 7-13:

GOALIES

1. Oskar Dansk, Brynäs
30. Mathias Israelsson, Frölunda

DEFENCEMEN

2. Robert Hägg, Modo
3. Ludwig Byström, Modo
4. Calle Andersson, Färjestad
5. Linus Arnesson, Djurgården
6. Jesper Pettersson, Linköping
8. Tommy Stenqvist, Timrå
9. Hampus Lindholm, Rögle

FORWARDS

11. Fredric Anderberg, Djurgården
12. Jesper Frödén, Huddinge
13. Tobias Törnkvist, Rögle
14. Mattias Kalin, Djurgården
15. Ludvig Nilsson, Timrå
17. Anton Brehmer, Linköping
18. Victor Gustavsson, Huddinge
19. Jacob de la Rose, Leksand
20. Gustav Possler, Modo
21. Filip Sandberg, HV71
22. Elias Lindholm, Brynäs
23. Erik Karlsson, Frölunda
25. Alexander Wennberg, Djurgården


4-nation tourney, Switzerland, November 10-13:

GOALIES

1. Tobias Sandberg, Djurgården
30. Marcus Högberg, Linköping

DEFENCEMEN

3 Christian Djoos, Brynäs
4. Anton Cederholm, Rögle
5. Jacob Spångberg, AIK
6. Simon Fernholm, Huddinge
7. Niklas Folin, Frölunda
8. Wilhelm Westlund, Färjestad
10. Mattias Nilsson, Leksand

FORWARDS

9. Gustav Rydahl, Frölunda
11. David Gunnarsson, Modo
12. André Burakowsky, Malmö
14. Emil Mäkitaavola, Luleå
15. Dennis Nordström, AIK
16. Mathias Wigley, Huddinge
17. Robin Söderquist, Frölunda
19. Edwin Hedberg, Modo
20. Henrik Nyberg, Djurgården
21. Daniel Zaar, Rögle
22. Lucas Wallmark, Skellefteå
23. Manuel Ågren, Färjestad
24. Marcus Fornell, Linköping

Fregus is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 01:19 PM
  #80
1912
Exalted User
 
1912's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Babylon
Country: Sweden
Posts: 763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
What do you Swedish experts think of Johan Larsson? I saw he just surpassed last season's point total already. Seems like a complete player.
He's a gem. Not the most skilled player techically but works his ****ing ass of every game. Plus kid's got some weight to him, likes to play hard. And as you can see it pays of on the stat sheet.


Last edited by 1912: 10-21-2011 at 01:24 PM.
1912 is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 02:13 PM
  #81
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
Busy November for Team 18 with two different tourneys at the same and therefore two different roster.

World Junior A Challenge, Canada, November 7-13:

GOALIES

1. Oskar Dansk, Brynäs
30. Mathias Israelsson, Frölunda

DEFENCEMEN

2. Robert Hägg, Modo
3. Ludwig Byström, Modo
4. Calle Andersson, Färjestad
5. Linus Arnesson, Djurgården
6. Jesper Pettersson, Linköping
8. Tommy Stenqvist, Timrå
9. Hampus Lindholm, Rögle

FORWARDS

11. Fredric Anderberg, Djurgården
12. Jesper Frödén, Huddinge
13. Tobias Törnkvist, Rögle
14. Mattias Kalin, Djurgården
15. Ludvig Nilsson, Timrå
17. Anton Brehmer, Linköping
18. Victor Gustavsson, Huddinge
19. Jacob de la Rose, Leksand
20. Gustav Possler, Modo
21. Filip Sandberg, HV71
22. Elias Lindholm, Brynäs
23. Erik Karlsson, Frölunda
25. Alexander Wennberg, Djurgården


4-nation tourney, Switzerland, November 10-13:

GOALIES

1. Tobias Sandberg, Djurgården
30. Marcus Högberg, Linköping

DEFENCEMEN

3 Christian Djoos, Brynäs
4. Anton Cederholm, Rögle
5. Jacob Spångberg, AIK
6. Simon Fernholm, Huddinge
7. Niklas Folin, Frölunda
8. Wilhelm Westlund, Färjestad
10. Mattias Nilsson, Leksand

FORWARDS

9. Gustav Rydahl, Frölunda
11. David Gunnarsson, Modo
12. André Burakowsky, Malmö
14. Emil Mäkitaavola, Luleå
15. Dennis Nordström, AIK
16. Mathias Wigley, Huddinge
17. Robin Söderquist, Frölunda
19. Edwin Hedberg, Modo
20. Henrik Nyberg, Djurgården
21. Daniel Zaar, Rögle
22. Lucas Wallmark, Skellefteå
23. Manuel Ågren, Färjestad
24. Marcus Fornell, Linköping
No Krupic? Good and interesting teams

cheerupmurray is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
  #82
Cujomi
Show your fury?
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,830
vCash: 500
Does anyone have a detailed scouting report of Sebastian Collberg? Any videos? Trying to find out more information on him but I can't.

Cujomi is online now  
Old
10-21-2011, 03:43 PM
  #83
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala
 
Renegade Stylings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Does anyone have a detailed scouting report of Sebastian Collberg? Any videos? Trying to find out more information on him but I can't.
he has his own thread kicking around here somewhere.

Renegade Stylings is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
  #84
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
John Klingberg had 3 assists with Jokerit's "farm-team" Kiekko-Vantaa. 1+3 in 2 games and an average of 22:07 minutes icetime.

ChadS is offline  
Old
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
  #85
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,721
vCash: 500
Any reports on Jesper Fasth?

Looks like he is top 5 in scoring in the SEL...

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 06:19 AM
  #86
yarre
Registered User
 
yarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
Any reports on Jesper Fasth?
Here are some highlights from the last game: http://www.elitserienplay.se/video.1229476739001 (he is number 18, assists on the first goal, third and fourth goal by HV71). He has great vision and makes plays happen even when it feels like the chance has passed. He plays on the first line for the time being due to injuries.

yarre is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 10:28 AM
  #87
Neblod Zin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
It seems that Filip Forsberg is now demoted to the J20 team when he just recently started to produce. That's pretty weird logic.

Neblod Zin is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
  #88
JAS 39 Gripen
Registered User
 
JAS 39 Gripen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neblod Zin View Post
It seems that Filip Forsberg is now demoted to the J20 team when he just recently started to produce. That's pretty weird logic.
There's a reason for why Leksand cant make it to the SEL - bad management

JAS 39 Gripen is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 11:04 AM
  #89
Fregus
Modo Hockey
 
Fregus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
2013 eligible Gustav Possler seems to be a guy to keep an eye on. As a 16 year old (born in 1994) he is now leading the SuperElit North in number of goals scored. 9 goals and 3 assists in 9 games.

Fregus is offline  
Old
10-25-2011, 10:41 AM
  #90
Fregus
Modo Hockey
 
Fregus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Henrik Samuelsson is, at least temporarily, not longer on the Modo senior team.

Fregus is offline  
Old
10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
  #91
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
Henrik Samuelsson is, at least temporarily, not longer on the Modo senior team.
It was very awkward to hear the crowd cheering and applauding before the SEL-game tonight, when the speaker announced that Henrik Samuelsson had been removed the lineup. You dont do that.

romelson is offline  
Old
10-25-2011, 05:42 PM
  #92
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
It was very awkward to hear the crowd cheering and applauding before the SEL-game tonight, when the speaker announced that Henrik Samuelsson had been removed the lineup. You dont do that.
wow, thats ******

Hockeyfrilla is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 04:00 AM
  #93
Fregus
Modo Hockey
 
Fregus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
wow, thats ******
While I agree this is completely unacceptable, you've got to keep in mind that the critic is not mainly towards Henrik himself buth rather towards Ulf and the way he has coached the team.

Fregus is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 06:51 AM
  #94
Neblod Zin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
These octobers are usually somewhat dark for swedish hockey. Some of the best prospects don't really deliver and the same goes for the many older / better swedish players. I'm still glad that there has been few pleasant surprises like Landeskog and Markström. But overall, what a disappointing start! Mainly this goes for Collberg, Forsberg, Pääjärvi (plus of course Zeta and few more for the older ones). I was also hoping that this season would be the big breakthrough for Hedman, but it doesn't look like that right now. And then Josefson is injured and Tedenby is not so very good. So much for a talk about new golden generation. My arse!


Last edited by Neblod Zin: 10-26-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Neblod Zin is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 07:02 AM
  #95
cheerupmurray
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neblod Zin View Post
These octobers are usually somewhat dark for swedish hockey. Some of the best prospects don't really deliver and the same goes for the many older / better swedish players. I'm still glad that there has been few pleasant surprises like Landeskog and Markström. But overall, what a disappointing start! Mainly this goes for Collberg, Forsberg, Pääjärvi (plus of course Zeta and few more for the older ones).
I kind of agree, there has certainly been more negative surprises than positive so far. Quite a few players that needs to start producing now if they want to stay in NHL. Hopefully things turn around.

cheerupmurray is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 11:42 AM
  #96
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neblod Zin View Post
These octobers are usually somewhat dark for swedish hockey. Some of the best prospects don't really deliver and the same goes for the many older / better swedish players. I'm still glad that there has been few pleasant surprises like Landeskog and Markström. But overall, what a disappointing start! Mainly this goes for Collberg, Forsberg, Pääjärvi (plus of course Zeta and few more for the older ones). I was also hoping that this season would be the big breakthrough for Hedman, but it doesn't look like that right now. And then Josefson is injured and Tedenby is not so very good. So much for a talk about new golden generation. My arse!

Landeskog
Larsson
OEL
Hedman
Markstrom
Zibanejad
Jarnkrok
Silfverberg
Erixon
Karlsson
Rundblad
Paajarvi
Johansson
Josefsson
Tedenby
Lander


And some other players still relatively young.

Enstrom
Eriksson
Edler
Backstrom
Berglund
Hjalmarsson
Grossman
Steen


And some older/veterans.

Zetterberg
Lundqvist
Kronwall
Sedin
Sedin
Murray
Franzen
Alfredsson
Lidstrom




We're fine.

One months bad play isn't enough to call us a bust.

Nordic* is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
  #97
svartgul
Hata Löven
 
svartgul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Beyond the Infinite
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Larsson/Rundblad/Erixon ftw!
Im not getting much sleep.

Mps and Hedman were always overrated, but how are markström and the often called most nhl ready draftee surprises?

svartgul is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM
  #98
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!
 
Kenny Bania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
For you Djurgarden fans, and WJC fans, Zibanejad is on his way back.

Kenny Bania is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 01:11 PM
  #99
Glory
Registered User
 
Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Åberg-Zibanejad-M.Nilson could be a fun line to watch!

Glory is offline  
Old
10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
  #100
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
I kind of agree, there has certainly been more negative surprises than positive so far. Quite a few players that needs to start producing now if they want to stay in NHL. Hopefully things turn around.
Like who?

Garl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.