Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2011, 10:02 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
Ranting about the team is one of the best parts about having a team. Honestly. I love it.
Yeah no kidding, last time Winnipeg had NHL hockey Gore hadn't even invented the internet!

Old
10-20-2011, 10:04 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Perhaps. But the 6-on-4 situation in a game going to happen sooner or later. Down by two in this game with 5, and desperate? Nothing clicking? Early in the season? Good as time as any to try put it out on the ice.
I think that it's a good idea when you know that you have a huge offensively powerhouse PP, like the Ducks do. Pretty much guarantees you are going to score. But when you have a shaky defensive and they're slumping badly offensively then it's a much riskier decision and could easily backfire and guarantee a loss.

IMO my beef is as much on the guys for how they reacted to the situation as it is on Noel. Just in my experience with the team last year, when the goalie's pulled, bad things happen.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:15 PM
angrymnky

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Just in my experience with the team last year, when the goalie's pulled, bad things happen.
Bad things were happening anyway, everywhere. I agree with the pull, might have helped and at that stage of the game our offense was not producing and no one would have bet money on them scoring a goal.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
I think that it's a good idea when you know that you have a huge offensively powerhouse PP, like the Ducks do. Pretty much guarantees you are going to score. But when you have a shaky defensive and they're slumping badly offensively then it's a much riskier decision and could easily backfire and guarantee a loss.

IMO my beef is as much on the guys for how they reacted to the situation as it is on Noel. Just in my experience with the team last year, when the goalie's pulled, bad things happen.
Oh definitely Noel doesn't get off the hook here. He's got to shoulder responsibility for this poor play as well. I'm not giving him a free pass this season at all and I'm no big a fan of his.

But I probably would have done the same thing if I was the coach for that last 5 minutes, the way things were looking. Get desperate. Swing for the fences. Go for it on 4th and long. Onside kick in the 3rd quarter. Try to steal home. Etc.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:18 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Oh definitely Noel doesn't get off the hook here. He's got to shoulder responsibility for this poor play as well. I'm not giving him a free pass this season at all and I'm no big a fan of his.

But I probably would have done the same thing if I was the coach for that last 5 minutes, the way things were looking. Get desperate. Swing for the fences. Go for it on 4th and long. Onside kick in the 3rd quarter. Try to steal home. Etc.
Agreed. Like I said, I don't have to like what he did but I understand what he was trying to do.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:20 PM
broinwhyteridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Is it just me or do our forwards seem to either shoot the puck in to the goalies chest or miss the net completely?
That's known as "talent poor".

Old
10-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Waldo

So so game. There were some good things. Jets were close until Oduya coughed up the puck and Alfredsson put the game away. Altogether it was dissappointing. The Jets weren't ready to play tonite (possibly Noel didn't have the players prepared to play). It's plain to see that we can't score goals. I thinkwe have talent but it isn't translating into goals. Noel seems to be patient with the 1st line and is waiting for them to put it together. That may be a good thing but as of yet it ain't happening. How much longer can we wait. Thankfully, it's only 6 games in so I can wait untill 10 or 15 games before I become totally disallusioned and turn to drugs and alcohol.

I am convinced that the Thrasher fans were totally accurate about Oduya but he is here to stay because of his contract. Thank God it expires after this season. Maybe some other team will have injuries and are desperate but his contract almost guarantees he is untradeable. I'm not too impressed with Stapleton or Meech either but they aren't the reason we are losing.

Scheifele has played better than Wheeler, Little, and some others and I would normally he happy if he stays but I think that he might be better off in Barrie instead of playing in a losing environment. I don't want him to get accustomed to losing. There are still 3 more games at least before decision time. If we win 3 in a row then all will be good. I am truly perplexed at our lack of goalscoring.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:24 PM
buyinnow

[QUOTE=allan5oh;38212509]Watch for the whole line rotating around during the PP allowing him to move to the left side, he'll pass back to where he was, that person passes it back, he one times it.

I've seen it more than a few times.[/QUOTE]

what were you complaining about? Buf not one timing it from the point. He's been predominatly on the right side. I've yet to see Buff and Engst pull the deliberate switch on the pp.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:28 PM
HeyYouGuys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I highly doubt you have any kind of sample size to be able to come to this conclusion. You've seen what, 5 games of the kid?
I've seen much more than 5 games of Kaner, and I agree with him.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapour Trails View Post
The lack of a legit goal scorer (finisher) on this team is becoming more apparent each game.

I think there were plenty of chances to score, but most shots were weak and off target. Stapleton firing over a wide open net?

Hook up your beer-IV and dig in for a long season.

I agree.

That top end talent is hard to find.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:30 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

I wasn't complaining? I don't think I saw it this game. They don't switch, Enstrom will move towards the net, pass it back to Buff who takes his spot, Buff passes it laterally to whichever forward took his spot who passes it back for the one timer.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:35 PM
blues10

Pulling the goalie early was a great move. The players had been standing around and this put some urgency in their game. Go for broke or go home. No one cares if you lose by 1, 2 or 5 goals it is still a loss.

I hope no one was staying back protecting the net, coaches stop that in house league. I saw a couple shot blocks but I highly doubt NHL calibre players care if they give up an empty net goal attempting a comeback.

Old
10-20-2011, 10:37 PM
blues10

Quote:
Ranting about the team is one of the best parts about having a team. Honestly. I love it.
I agree

Closed Thread