HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#6|Oct 20, 2011|Capitals at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
10-20-2011, 11:36 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Not when the lines constantly switch. I would have said that if we used the lines we had for the first 4 games, but after the first line (Giroux line) everything else changed.

Honestly, one guy who I do like but hasnt done anything is Danny Briere. He has really go to start producing or doing something.
To me the line changes messed them up....and yeah Briere looks lost without Leino....but Leino isn't exactly lighting it on fire with Buffalo either and looks lost without Briere.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
To me the line changes messed them up....and yeah Briere looks lost without Leino....but Leino isn't exactly lighting it on fire with Buffalo either and looks lost without Briere.
Leino has been horrendous. Their own announcers are complaining about him (it was on Buffalo's last game highlights when the other team scored).

Honestly dont know who else they can put on Briere's line. Maybe just throw Hartnell and him together since their both not doing well. (Hartnell to a bigger extent)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Danglous

Quote:
Not when the lines constantly switch. I would have said that if we used the lines we had for the first 4 games, but after the first line (Giroux line) everything else changed.

Honestly, one guy who I do like but hasnt done anything is Danny Briere. He has really go to start producing or doing something.
You change lines to see if something clicks. Maybe Lavs saw something in practice and wanted to try it in a game, you never know. There is nothing wrong with this team right now. Give it a little time.

EDIT: It also could have been a crazy gameplan to play against Ovechkin and the Caps, which obviously backfired.

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 11:47 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Leino has been horrendous. Their own announcers are complaining about him (it was on Buffalo's last game highlights when the other team scored).

Honestly dont know who else they can put on Briere's line. Maybe just throw Hartnell and him together since their both not doing well. (Hartnell to a bigger extent)
He's had pretty good chemistry with Jagr. Then again...so has Giroux. That was one of my proposed lines in the other thread. Worth a shot imo.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:26 AM
decadentia

Tell Jagr to drop the late night training, from now on he double-shifts lines with Giroux and Briere. That will give the old man the workout he's been looking for.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:51 AM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
did you see Bryz just coast back to the net ???

hes fricken done tonite..

not sure i like that attitude
You better get used to "that attitude".. Let's not even talk about how when you really need him he is a COMPLETE no show..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:43 AM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcellentGuesser View Post
You better get used to "that attitude".. Let's not even talk about how when you really need him he is a COMPLETE no show..

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:54 AM
PhillyFlying

i wish we'd see more simmonds & giroux @ even strength. they looked great on that 4 on 4.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 04:58 AM
kimmofan44

penalties penalties penalties!!!!!!!! the flyers gave up 6 and only went on the pp 2 times! lavy needs to fix this undisciplined penalty laden hockey or its not goig to matter what the lines are or who's in goal. on the plus side coots looked solid , even on the 4th line. thats the great thing about rookies, they play hard no matter what it says on the score board.

kimmofan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
We need to take JVR off of the Giroux and Jagr line already..

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:04 AM
StandingCow

BAG SKATE BABY!! You ******** wanna keep taking penalties, you will skate!

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:44 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Why do you ask this every damn time we lose?
My impression of the soon to be (if not already happening) overreactions after losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
It is called sarcasm. At least I HOPE he was being sarcastic, lol.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:01 AM
WeekendAtBernies

I seriously don't understand what Laviolette is thinking with these lines...

Couturier and Read have been great together so far this year, so what does Lavvy do? He moves Cooter down and moves Read to the Briere line.

JVR has looked like an afterthought on the Giroux-Jagr line, but Simmonds has looked great whenever he plays w/ Giroux (on the powerplay 4 on 4s, etc.). What does Laviolette do? Continues to play JVR w/ Roo and Simmer w/ Briere.

I just don't understand some of these line moves...

If it were me, I'd roll the following lines:

Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Schenn-Briere
Voracek-Couturier-Read
Nodl-Talbot-Harry Z

You'll notice there's no Hartnell in my lineup... that's because he is F**king terrible and doesn't deserve to play. He needs to be traded ASAP. 6 games of this crap is enough... I can understand a bad game or two, or even 3, but he hasn't looked good or productive even once.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:15 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I seriously don't understand what Laviolette is thinking with these lines...

Couturier and Read have been great together so far this year, so what does Lavvy do? He moves Cooter down and moves Read to the Briere line.

JVR has looked like an afterthought on the Giroux-Jagr line, but Simmonds has looked great whenever he plays w/ Giroux (on the powerplay 4 on 4s, etc.). What does Laviolette do? Continues to play JVR w/ Roo and Simmer w/ Briere.

I just don't understand some of these line moves...

If it were me, I'd roll the following lines:

Simmonds-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Schenn-Briere
Voracek-Couturier-Read
Nodl-Talbot-Harry Z

You'll notice there's no Hartnell in my lineup... that's because he is F**king terrible and doesn't deserve to play. He needs to be traded ASAP. 6 games of this crap is enough... I can understand a bad game or two, or even 3, but he hasn't looked good or productive even once.
I agree with the sentiments on the lines. There were horrible match ups against Ovi line (on home ice ). I also did not see much in game adjustments from the coach. So Lavi has to share this defeat with the team he iced.

I should say, it leaves a very bead taste in the mouth when your coach is outcoached by Bruce Budro (sp).

I am truly hoping for improvement in all the aspects of the game including coaching.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:20 AM
kimmofan44

agreed. hartnell couldn't even will puck battles last night, for 4 million and some change i'd expect him to at least come away with the puck when he goes into a corner(not to mention the turnover that led to a goal)... maybe some time in the minors would give him a little perspective... i really love the way jagr protects the puck, its really a site to behold especially in person!

Old
10-21-2011, 07:29 AM
StandingCow

The season is young... Lavi has a lot of feeling out of the team to do since there were so many changes, and he has to see how we match up.

I think our next game against the caps will be much better. The caps are 6-0 for a reason, they are a really damn good team. You take some of our bad bounces and take away some of their good ones, and we have a game that is probably going to OT.

Old
10-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Doyle

Lack of Discipline, Mental Mistakes Costing Flyers Early-Season Points
http://nhlhotstove.com/lack-of-disci...season-points/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
StandingCow

Hopefully we have a good game and win on saturday so I can forget all about this.

Old
10-21-2011, 08:04 AM
DUHockey9

Time to get on my soap box...

I said something to this effect earlier, but I wanted to expand. Everyone just relax already! I'm going to be selfish for a bit and talk about myself haha. Over the past few years, I've been told that I'm a hater, and I'm overly negative. And as I've repeatedly said, I am not; I am in fact a realist. And what you all are, are a bunch of reactionary drama queens.

I don't get too high when the Flyers win and I don't get too low when we lose. I may criticize things that you all jump to proclaim as AMAZING; but I don't go jumping off a bridge, clamoring for all sorts of change, after our first regulation loss, to the best team in the conference, in the 6th game of the season. Who's the negative one now? If the rest of you would get a little more realistic in your expectations, and a little less emotional, you might find these sorts of things easier to take, and realize that this is in fact normal (especially with the makeup of our team). These are the types of losses that occur to every team, every season, the important thing, is what they make of this loss.

This is the perfect example of where I stand, firmly in the middle. I'm a realist.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:18 AM
StandingCow

Plenty of us are realists. I am the same way, I am able to understand that teams all have bad days. And that goalies are not always to blame.

We will be fine this year.

Old
10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post

I said something to this effect earlier, but I wanted to expand. Everyone just relax already! I'm going to be selfish for a bit and talk about myself haha. Over the past few years, I've been told that I'm a hater, and I'm overly negative. And as I've repeatedly said, I am not; I am in fact a realist. And what you all are, are a bunch of reactionary drama queens.

I don't get too high when the Flyers win and I don't get too low when we lose. I may criticize things that you all jump to proclaim as AMAZING; but I don't go jumping off a bridge, clamoring for all sorts of change, after our first regulation loss, to the best team in the conference, in the 6th game of the season. Who's the negative one now? If the rest of you would get a little more realistic in your expectations, and a little less emotional, you might find these sorts of things easier to take, and realize that this is in fact normal (especially with the makeup of our team). These are the types of losses that occur to every team, every season, the important thing, is what they make of this loss.

This is the perfect example of where I stand, firmly in the middle. I'm a realist.
Are you trying to say people on here are reactionary?

Surely you jest.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:42 AM
kimmofan44

i understand the ups and downs that are the nhl regular season, and i don't think that the loss yesterday is a sign of things to come, just a bad game. but i do have a problem with the penalties taken (this and every year we are one of the most highly penalized teams in the nhl) and i can't justify hartnell making more money than anyother forward on the team(besides danny b). a loss is a loss, expect many more this season! some will be heartbreaking and some will not sting at all... its the way of the beast that is the nhl. just try to stay out of the stupid penalty box!!!

Old
10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:

You can't be serious! They just lost by three goals! This team is a sinking ship! They are going to be force to moved to Kansas City after that loss AND a loss to the Kings in OT last week. Despicable.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:17 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:

Eh I dont mind if some people overact. Just go to some of the other boards. Some teams EVERYONE overreacts, but the most boring boards are where everyone stays calm or doesnt really care.

I understand what you are saying, but on a message board where most of the things (alright all) that we say, I dont see whats wrong with a few people overreacting and discussing what went wrong. Means their passionate about the team and wants to see them win. Alot of the casual hockey fans blow off losses like its nothing.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:

I can deal with one loss... but so help me god if this team goes on a losing streak at any point this season, I'm starting the #OccupyBroadStreet movement...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote