HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2011, 03:32 PM
nevesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I don't want these freaking things in..whether they block anything or not, they are distracting and dangerous. And I agree, they will block the banners and the jumbotron, and that alone pisses me off.
Agree. The bridge is a ****ing terrible idea. I truly hope it is scrapped at the end. (reason being budget/public against it)

Quote:
Speaking of the banners, I wish they would move them to begin with..I don't like how they have them scattered across the ceiling all around the building. Put the retired #'s all together, the four Stanley Cup banners together and all the other banners (division titles and whatever) together and have them above the ice like other teams. Do the same thing with the Knicks (even though I could care less about them).
According to the various renderings, the banners should all be hanging in a circle around the new garden vision that is being installed for the 2013-14 season. Should be a nice touch!

Old
10-20-2011, 03:34 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I don't want these freaking things in..whether they block anything or not, they are distracting and dangerous. And I agree, they will block the banners and the jumbotron, and that alone pisses me off.

Speaking of the banners, I wish they would move them to begin with..I don't like how they have them scattered across the ceiling all around the building. Put the retired #'s all together, the four Stanley Cup banners together and all the other banners (division titles and whatever) together and have them above the ice like other teams. Do the same thing with the Knicks (even though I could care less about them).
Looks like they will do that:

Attachment 49237

Last edited by BroadwayBlues: 11-02-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old
10-20-2011, 03:35 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Agree. The bridge is a ****ing terrible idea. I truly hope it is scrapped at the end. (reason being budget/public against it)
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for as well.

Quote:
According to the various renderings, the banners should all be hanging in a circle around the new garden vision that is being installed for the 2013-14 season. Should be a nice touch!
Haha..well, that's good..hope we can see them with the ****ing bridge in the way!

Old
10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

The reality is just that "public against it" will not be a determining factor in whether the bridges are built.

Old
10-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

They'll be plenty of lightboards along the railing to give stats/other info, and they're putting HD tvs in the areas where the jumbotron can't be seen.

It's part of the whole renovation package, deal with it. I'd much rather have a completely redone MSG that makes it worth paying that much to go see games then the ability to look at the jumbotron for useful info (which happens what, a few times a game?).

Old
10-20-2011, 05:00 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Looks like they will do that:

Attachment 49237
Haha..oh, didn't even see this before..well that'll be good. Still think they should try and put "like" banners together rather then scattered together like that. But whatever, I'm just being picky!

EDIT: Actually, looks like the Knicks crap is all together, and ours are scattered...another for me to hate the Knicks!

Old
10-20-2011, 05:29 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
really hope this is true. Annoys me that I can't see the banners from my seats.

Old
10-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

I hope they don't put liberty ones in the middle then...I don't want that hanging over the ice, its a waste of space. Billy Joel can def stay.

Old
10-20-2011, 11:37 PM
mucker*

What will be the capacity this season and once finished?

Also, they said the doubled or tripled concourse width....HOW is that physically possible within the same structure!?

Old
10-20-2011, 11:39 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochuli View Post

Also, they said the doubled or tripled concourse width....HOW is that physically possible within the same structure!?
About the same but actual capacity in the upper and lower level will be smaller since the total includes the 1,000 bridge seats.

Old
10-21-2011, 06:13 AM
ratdog07067

Quote:

I think there were offices and storage space behind the old walls that have been moved elsewhere.

Old
10-21-2011, 07:30 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

Upper tier will be much steeper compared to the 300's and 400's now. That will creat additional space.

Old
10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I hope they don't put liberty ones in the middle then...I don't want that hanging over the ice, its a waste of space. Billy Joel can def stay.
They should raise those out of view during Rangers games. Knicks too. Raise the Rangers banners out of view during Knicks games and only show the banners of the team playing.

Old
10-21-2011, 08:47 AM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
I know it is silly, but that Billy Joel banner drives me INSANE. To me, banners are for sports teams… musicians having a banner is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.

I think they had one for Bruce at one point too... or maybe that was in the old meadowlands... ugh.

Old
10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
I know it is silly, but that Billy Joel banner drives me INSANE. To me, banners are for sports teams… musicians having a banner is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.

I think they had one for Bruce at one point too... or maybe that was in the old meadowlands... ugh.
I agree. I like Billy Joel, but seeing a banner up there for him annoys me.

Old
10-21-2011, 09:14 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
The reality is just that "public against it" will not be a determining factor in whether the bridges are built.
Particularly when the bridges are a signature piece of the renovation.

Old
10-21-2011, 10:43 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
How exactly are you so sure the "public" is against it? I hope you are now using a few posters here as a barometer of public opinion.

MSG researched this thing to death with STH and corporate sponsors. I am sure they vetted the idea and felt strong enough support to go through with it.

Old
10-21-2011, 10:55 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
How exactly are you so sure the "public" is against it? I hope you are now using a few posters here as a barometer of public opinion.

MSG researched this thing to death with STH and corporate sponsors. I am sure they vetted the idea and felt strong enough support to go through with it.
maybe with corporate sponsors, but they never asked me a thing about this transformation

were any other season ticket holders here asked for their opinions by msg management?

Old
10-21-2011, 11:14 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

I remember there being a poll on one of the articles from the Daily News and most people thought it was a stupid idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
maybe with corporate sponsors, but they never asked me a thing about this transformation

were any other season ticket holders here asked for their opinions by msg management?
Not us.

Old
10-21-2011, 11:18 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post

No, I was not asked anything with regards to the building, but I did complete a survey about how the relcoation process would take place.

10-21-2011, 11:27 AM
bubba5

Quote:

The "public" are the people who will be sitting in the last 10 rows or so that will not be able to see the new state of the art scoreboard they will be putting in. Those are the same people who don't understand that Dolan does not care about them.

Old
10-21-2011, 11:42 AM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
The "public" are the people who will be sitting in the last 10 rows or so that will not be able to see the new state of the art scoreboard they will be putting in. Those are the same people who don't understand that Dolan does not care about them.
While I'm not a supporter of the birdges in any way, I don't think I would mind it. As long as the back of the bridge has a scoreboard and videoboard, and none of the ice is blocked (if I sit or stand), I would have no problem sitting in those seats. Might actually prefer the closer videoboards.

Old
10-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
While I'm not a supporter of the birdges in any way, I don't think I would mind it. As long as the back of the bridge has a scoreboard and videoboard, and none of the ice is blocked (if I sit or stand), I would have no problem sitting in those seats. Might actually prefer the closer videoboards.
They have something similar in Montreal up top on one side of the arena that can't see the main scoreboard because of their hellaciously high press gondola and catwalk. I'd be scared ****less to work on that thing...

Old
10-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
We understand perfectly that he doesn't care. We just think its ********.

Old
10-21-2011, 12:27 PM
averyrule

Question. Is there going to be 2 bridges, one on each side of the arena; or just one bridge on one side of the arena?

Closed Thread