HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

What could be done to change the team...

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 02:22 PM
justapantherfan

vCash: 500
What could be done to change the team...

without doing a complete overhaul. In your best way, what do you think, or who do you think could be gotten to help change the team in scoring and controlling the shots against?

Would this be able to be done without becoming an over price team. Keeping within the current payroll or even a few million more.

Old
10-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapantherfan
without doing a complete overhaul. In your best way, what do you think, or who do you think could be gotten to help change the team in scoring and controlling the shots against?

Would this be able to be done without becoming an over price team. Keeping within the current payroll or even a few million more.
larry robinson

Old
10-27-2003, 03:02 PM
jacksheit

Send a message via ICQ to jacksheit Send a message via MSN to jacksheit
Mark Parrish

Old
10-28-2003, 02:13 AM
justapantherfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksheit
Mark Parrish

He is one player I wish they would have gotten back. I miss his still of camp in front of the net at any cost.

Old
10-28-2003, 03:04 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
If we could go in the time machine and sign a free agent, I would've like either Robitalle or Klatt (both signed contracts for $1.1 mil/yr with Klatt's a 2 yr deal). I just don't see any players out there that knock my socks off that I wouldn't have to give up a ton to get and I'm sure Dudley feels the same way right now.

Old
10-28-2003, 07:01 AM
Acadmus

I think buying new sticks with magnetic blades, then stuffing every puck with a magnet with the opposite polarity facing outward might do the trick for the Panthers' scoring woes. It'll force them to shoot. Why is it that, no matter how much they shot elsewhere, once these players arrive in Florida they're so in love with the sight of the puck on their stick that they won't ever try to let it get away to put it behind opposing goalies?

As for GAA... Game 1 they seemed to have the right message. Every time Luongo made a save, a Panthers stick cleared the puck from the crease. Since then...

All that these guys need to change to fix those problems is their attitudes.

Old
10-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by justapantherfan
He is one player I wish they would have gotten back. I miss his still of camp in front of the net at any cost.

Unfortunately, he is probably the only Islander forward who plays that role and, for that reason, will not be traded. The Isles are fairly gritless on the wings.

Closed Thread