HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The things I think after watching the capital game...

Old
10-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
It's 20 years old or 4 years in juniors to be eligible for the AHL. Last season was Schenn's 4th year in juniors and he turned 20 in August. He just played 7 in the AHL when his junior season was finished.
Well, this sucks. I was hoping that at least one of our rookies would be fairly prepared to handle a full NHL season.

10-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Well, this sucks. I was hoping that at least one of our rookies would be fairly prepared to handle a full NHL season.
Yeah, which is why I am not thrilled with the idea of trading Hartnell at this point. I also think they should send Couturier back to junior if they won't make room for him in the top 9. No use of wasting a year of his ELC on the 4th line.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:11 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
I blame jesus.

StandingCow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:10 PM
krantan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Yeah, which is why I am not thrilled with the idea of trading Hartnell at this point. I also think they should send Couturier back to junior if they won't make room for him in the top 9. No use of wasting a year of his ELC on the 4th line.
I think Couturier is a lock to stay unless something major happens (ie fairly major injury that will require significant rehab) He has certainly convinced me that he is an NHL calibre player; I don't think there is anything left for him to do at the junior level and this organization isn't going to go cheap on this type of decision.

In the short term it's not a terrible thing for Schenn+Couturier to be spoon-fed minutes (rookie wall blah blah) and I personally think Briere gets moved to wing and Hartnell gets traded before the christmas roster freeze. We aren't going to get anything spectacular for Hartnell, but I think we can probably get a solid NHL role-player and a respectable pick/prospect.

krantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:20 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
If you're looking for someone to blame, look no further than Ryan Howard.

MRxBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:26 PM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
If you're looking for someone to blame, look no further than Ryan Howard.
Him and his ****ing scooter!

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

I had the opportunity to watch the Flyers with my Dad last night... when I started bashing Hartnell, he shushed me with, "Look, somebody's gotta be the worst player on team."

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Ironmanrulez
Rookie Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
I had the opportunity to watch the Flyers with my Dad last night... when I started bashing Hartnell, he shushed me with, "Look, somebody's gotta be the worst player on team."
If he has said that really he has a ton of humor

Ironmanrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:13 PM
hockeyphan25

I'm glad to see so many on here noticed how good Schenn looked last night. I read an article on philly.com and the comments below were just ridiculous apparently everybody there reads that stats rather than watching the game.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...rs-growth.html

Those comments are hilarious, I hopes he makes them eat their words in the next few games. He was one of the best forwards on the ice last night.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:39 PM
rafman522

I think we have to put Hartnell with briere and if nothing happens you got to trade him. Also can we get schenn to live with briere so that when schenn centers him they get chemistry.
Lines
Simmonds Giroux Jagr
JVR Schenn Briere
Read Couturier Voracek
Rinaldo Talbot Nodl

rafman522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantan View Post
I think Couturier is a lock to stay unless something major happens (ie fairly major injury that will require significant rehab) He has certainly convinced me that he is an NHL calibre player; I don't think there is anything left for him to do at the junior level and this organization isn't going to go cheap on this type of decision.

In the short term it's not a terrible thing for Schenn+Couturier to be spoon-fed minutes (rookie wall blah blah) and I personally think Briere gets moved to wing and Hartnell gets traded before the christmas roster freeze. We aren't going to get anything spectacular for Hartnell, but I think we can probably get a solid NHL role-player and a respectable pick/prospect.
I agree he belongs in the NHL and there isn't much left for him in juniors, but I also think it is a waste of his ELC to play him on the 4th line. It's not about going cheap. It's about managing your cap efficiently. Of course that is a completely foreign concept to Holmgren, but that's another story.

The entry level contract is your best chance at getting value. They waste a year of that value if he is stuck on the 4th line. You would also be getting a better value if you had him on his ELC from 19-21 rather than 18-20. The other benefit to sending him back is that he wouldn't be a RFA at the same time Schenn becomes RFA and Read becomes UFA. If you keep him they will all need new contracts at the same time.

From a fan perspective I'd like to see him stay. I think he is our best option as a 3rd line center, but if they aren't going to play him there then the best decision long term is to send him back. Since Holmgren is inept at managing the cap I don't expect it to happen, but that would be the correct decision.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote