HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH vs. VAN "Night Shift" 9:00 PM CST

Old
10-21-2011, 05:07 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

vCash: 500
What I think:
Klein should really be on the bottom pairing. He's decent, but just that.
Ekholm would really benefit from Milwaukee.
If this type of play continues (though I have a feeling it won't), Rinne's gone at the end of the year.
Weber is trying too hard, but at the same guy he's like the only guy trying to clear the crease out there! None of the other d-men are playing nearly as physical. We already know that's not Suter's niche. Blum is a PMD. Klein doesn't hit, Hillen was a scrapper on long island but afaik wasn't a heavy checker and Ek, Laakso and the young guys, they aren't going out either to do that. SOB did have a benefit in that he was a crease clearer and a physical player.

For a team that prides itself on outworking and outhustling the other team, we're pretty finesse-like. Tootoo and Geoffrion seem to be the only forwards out there regularly playing with any sort of fire.

They aren't living up to Smashville. Right now, polite-bumpville is where they are. Never thought I'd ever have to say this about the Preds but they're lacking grit and sandpaper right now. Joel Ward and SOB are missed I'd say- at least they brought that.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
What I think:
Klein should really be on the bottom pairing. He's decent, but just that.
Ekholm would really benefit from Milwaukee.
If this type of play continues (though I have a feeling it won't), Rinne's gone at the end of the year.
Weber is trying too hard, but at the same guy he's like the only guy trying to clear the crease out there! None of the other d-men are playing nearly as physical. We already know that's not Suter's niche. Blum is a PMD. Klein doesn't hit, Hillen was a scrapper on long island but afaik wasn't a heavy checker and Ek, Laakso and the young guys, they aren't going out either to do that. SOB did have a benefit in that he was a crease clearer and a physical player.

For a team that prides itself on outworking and outhustling the other team, we're pretty finesse-like. Tootoo and Geoffrion seem to be the only forwards out there regularly playing with any sort of fire.

They aren't living up to Smashville. Right now, polite-bumpville is where they are. Never thought I'd ever have to say this about the Preds but they're lacking grit and sandpaper right now. Joel Ward and SOB are missed I'd say- at least they brought that.
Good analysis.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prederator View Post
I think your Finnish roots are coloring your view of Laakso.
I'm not defending him, per se. I know he has been playing nervous and not on an expected level. I just don't understand the constant bashing here when he's hardly the reason your team sucks so bad right now. When your team has so many problems, it amazes me when I come to these GDTs and after every game people have to throw in the "our 3rd pair sucks" posts, even though the third pairing really has the smallest impact on the games with the minutes they've been getting. Having a slightly nervous 3rd pairing d-man is such an insignificant problem compared to the real problems your team has.

Quote:
Trotz must know something about Laakso the rest of us don't know or see.
Like I said, he's seen him play in Milwaukee, he's seen him play in camp. He knows Laakso can do better, and he's trying to figure out how to bring it out of him.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:28 PM
maplepred

A lot of senseless name calling here, don't think the idiotic comment was necessary man. We all are entitled to our opinions.

Did I said because weber took a run at Hansen that means he wants out?!? Nope!

I think weber wants out because he is not playing like the Shea weber we are all used to. He seems fed up in his actions. Poile is still not addressing the teams need to get a scorer. He was battered in a arbitration hearing and was offered a measly 4.7 million from Poile. And to top it off, he seems like one of very few that had been even giving somewhat of an effort to win up until last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
yes. clearly taking boneheaded penalties is a clear sign that he clearly wants out. It is clear that hitting a guy in the numbers is a clear sign he is clearly going to ask for a trade. clearly. This is clearly an idiotic comment to take bad play and spin it into he wants out.

I think we have to realize the talent on the ice isn't the problem. The talent is fine. It is good talent. Problem is there is no experience within the talnet outside of 2 guys right now. While we didn't lose anything on ice in terms of talent in ward, sully, sob, dumont, we have lost off-ice contributions from these guys. We need our vets to get healthy and push these kids down a line or two.

back to weber-he needs to chill out. He got away with bullying guys around with crosschecks to the back all year and now he is getting called for it. He needs to be smarter. And not run his mouth, which I assume is why he picked up the unsportsman like. If you can read lips, he boarded the guy and when play stopped he yelled at the ref he f#$%@ing dove. its a dive. when hansen skated in front of him and showed him the carnage, he said you f@#ing diving p@$%2y. He needs to handle adversity better. Maybe the problem with a young hot head captain. Last year didn't have the issue. Only thing that changed is now he is the vet and when he gets mad he can't have sully speak for them.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
predfan98

has anyone heard an audio of trotz post game last night?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
A lot of senseless name calling here, don't think the idiotic comment was necessary man. We all are entitled to our opinions.

Did I said because weber took a run at Hansen that means he wants out?!? Nope!

I think weber wants out because he is not playing like the Shea weber we are all used to. He seems fed up in his actions. Poile is still not addressing the teams need to get a scorer. He was battered in a arbitration hearing and was offered a measly 4.7 million from Poile. And to top it off, he seems like one of very few that had been even giving somewhat of an effort to win up until last night.
how do you know he was battered in the hearing? most work that way, but most dont have lovey dovey press conferences where the team says he is worth every penny.

and i did not call you idiotic. I called your comment, which i disagree with and think is idiotic, idiotic. there is a difference. we are entitled to our opinions.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:18 PM
roseyc

Quote:
The bottom line is Klein DOES SUCK, and although our defensive corps could be better, is not really the problem. Our sucky offense because we have really crummy forwards is the problem. End of story.
I have to agree but the game was the game at hand and when it counted the mistakes led to goals. When we got down we didn't have to firepower to warrant a defensive strategy from the Nucks ...they don't respect us offensively and they are dead on. Well as we agree Trotz and Poile doesn't when normally I had the utmost respect for both but this offseason has shown that Poile is making major blunders even his good points haven't worked out ( Franson trade)

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Iron Duke

This team is desperately lacking an identity at the moment, which isn't all that surprising considering the number of youngsters out there. It is unfortunate that after a second period in which they began to look cohesive, and were pressing and pressuring, the captain erased it by taking a stupid and selfish double-minor. I think we'll see a different team on Saturday...I really, really hope they don't come out flat.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Anyone else getting the sense that Weber has gone from "It's all about winning" to "It's all about Shea Weber?" He's taking far too many dumb, selfish penalties right now.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Anyone else getting the sense that Weber has gone from "It's all about winning" to "It's all about Shea Weber?" He's taking far too many dumb, selfish penalties right now.
It's entirely possible. I suppose there's also the possibility that he feels he has something to prove/justify concerning his own actions over the summer and that he may be trying a little too hard to do so. I wouldn't go reading too far into his play on the ice though, we're likely to end up spinning our wheels trying to figure out what he's thinking.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:05 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
It's entirely possible. I suppose there's also the possibility that he feels he has something to prove/justify concerning his own actions over the summer and that he may be trying a little too hard to do so. I wouldn't go reading too far into his play on the ice though, we're likely to end up spinning our wheels trying to figure out what he's thinking.
I think a lot of people are making a big deal out of nothing. Weber made a statement it's not like it was a close game or anything. He was frustrated so big deal and it cost him. But he shows that he cares and he doesn't like loosing. He can't fix the offense and he can't fix Klein and he can't make the decision on the 3rd pairing and he certainly doesn't have any control over the horrible line combos. So he takes out his frustration. I don't want to a boy scout as a captain

Old
10-22-2011, 01:12 AM
cleangene

He just needs to deliver hits during the course of the game instead of from behind like he has a habit of doing. What am I talking about, ANYBODY needs to start delivering hits during the course of the game..EVERYBODY needs to start delivering hits during the course of the game.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:21 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
He just needs to deliver hits during the course of the game instead of from behind like he has a habit of doing. What am I talking about, ANYBODY needs to start delivering hits during the course of the game..EVERYBODY needs to start delivering hits during the course of the game.
If everyone or anyone starts delivering hits duing the course of the game Weber wouldn't be doing what he is doing.