HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Search for Yashin's trigger man over?

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 08:34 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Search for Yashin's trigger man over?

So after Czerkawski's great start, do you guys think that the long search for Yashins wingman maybe finaly over? Czerkawski's skill has never been questioned, but his determination and work ethic has. Those of you who get to see more of the Isles then I sadly do - do you see a different player? His stats show it, and I think him and Yashin could be a VERY strong pair this year. What do you guys think?

Old
10-28-2003, 08:58 AM
NYIsles1*

I see the same Czerkawski that was here his final three seasons where he averaged 30 goals, which is great news. But it's early and Czerkawski's gone from one good preseason game to waivers to a good start that has not cooled down. At some point it will and we'll see if he can bounce back.

Only downside to Czerkawski's game that I see so far is that (like two years ago) he cannot set up Yashin on the fly as well as Yashin sets him up. Yashin (so far) seems to have to carry the puck himself to spots where he wants to shoot. Czerkawski has one assist.

To answer your question, IMHO, it's not the best solution to get the most production out of Yashin long-term, but he is piling up points.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:19 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
So after Czerkawski's great start, do you guys think that the long search for Yashins wingman maybe finaly over? Czerkawski's skill has never been questioned, but his determination and work ethic has. Those of you who get to see more of the Isles then I sadly do - do you see a different player? His stats show it, and I think him and Yashin could be a VERY strong pair this year. What do you guys think?

No I don't think the longterm search is over.I think Chow is a 1 or 2 yr stop gap,buying the team time until their forwards develop or until they are able to trade for an affordable,young first liner.

in last summer's trade talks they were asking for cheap,promising forwards Antropov,Aleexev and Svivtov.
Before the draft,Hahn wrote they were going into the draft trying to get a highly skilled forward to develop for Yashin's line.Their first 3 picks were skilled forwards.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Personally, I think Kvasha meshes reasonably well with Yashin. Chow, less so. Both Yashin and Chow like to handle the puck a lot, and both are poor defensive players.

10-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Tiki

Send a message via ICQ to Tiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Its over for now. As said above this is a one or two year answer.

Closed Thread