Old
10-21-2011, 10:24 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastBruinsFan View Post
Exactly and how many times do you watch another broadcast where the announcers are constatly screwing up the players names. Sometimes they will just mention the number. It gets pretty bad at times. Bob Cole is one of the worst for this in my opinion.
Some of them don't even really call the game when the other team has the puck, they'll just chat like they're between pitches.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Anyone who thinks Jack is a blind homer really, really needs to spend a couple of weeks watching other games around the league. Jack goes off on bizarre rants sometimes, but he doesn't hesitate to praise someone on the other team and give credit where it's due. Some of these guys don't even know who's on the other team.
Jack does his homework. Guy "works" (and I put quotes because I would love to "work" by looking up **** about hockey players all day) like 12-14 hours a day looking up **** about players on the opposing team so he has a clue going into a game. He even did this when he called the Little League World Series games.

Props to Jack for putting the work in... dude loves his job and it shows. Yeah he says goofy ****, so what.

I have Center Ice and usually end up with the home team's feed. Jack is gem compared to most of them.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:45 PM
rickizbruin

kerry fraser is a prima dona who thinks people payed money to watch him and not the game.. glad he retired. .and who gives a flying....... (choose your word here) what he thinks.

rickizbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

So much crying. Delicious tears.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:54 PM
JOKER 192

What ,he diden't **** up enough calls on the ice he even has to do it off the ice . Gimme a break the most irrelevant commentator ever.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
So much crying. Delicious tears.

Exactly.

This blog seems really out of character for Fraser IMO. He's usually pretty objective when he writes and offers a lot of inside information that can really be interesting to read.

This article, however, is way out of left field and his obvious hate against the Bruins is showing here. He just makes it seem like he has an agenda here.

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 06:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post

Exactly.

This blog seems really out of character for Fraser IMO. He's usually pretty objective when he writes and offers a lot of inside information that can really be interesting to read.

This article, however, is way out of left field and his obvious hate against the Bruins is showing here. He just makes it seem like he has an agenda here.
He does have an agenda, if he wants to keep writing, he needs readers, and nothing will attract readers than some good ol fashion comments that criticize players/teams/situations that causes a touch of controversy. Seems like his agenda has worked as it has now evoked 4 pages of posts.

By the way, for the record, no way I agree with him however, I may be a touch biased

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 07:23 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickizbruin View Post
kerry fraser is a prima dona who thinks people payed money to watch him and not the game.. glad he retired. .and who gives a flying....... (choose your word here) what he thinks.
Absolutely.

The only times people think he's worth listening to is when he says what they already believe.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 07:25 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Absolutely.

The only times people think he's worth listening to is when he says what they believe.
Agreed yet....still the best kept hair amongst the men in stripes

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Our team is just a bunch of animals, Chara, Lucic and Horton are all nothing but animals who have no talent.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Kerry Fraser aught to stop using all of that hair spray....It is seeping into his brain cells.

10-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLrBest View Post
Worst sports official ever. Self righteous hypocrite, attention w****, Bruin hater and mental midget.

Fraser is living proof that continual butane inhalation will make you a

As for TSN.....ya....the bias is even a bit much for Leaf fans, but I'm still surprised no one as mentioned Joe 'Holy Mackinaw' Bowen from Sportsnet. That guy makes Derek Sanderson sound objective.

Jim Hughson was the last Toronto area guy that had any sense of objectivity. The current group are so bad......I find myself longing for Harry Neal
Yikes! Way to announce you have reached rock bottom.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

People calling Boston a bunch of brutes, what's new? Nothing. Cry me a river, no, cry me an ocean, I already have a river of tears.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:12 AM
kytem2

The title of this thread is very misleading. Fraser wrote an interesting and accurate article, he did use the word 'thuggery', but only in the last sentence of the last paragraph, and it had nothing to do with the playoffs whatsover:

"I say if the Boston Bruins had demonstrated an element of discipline instead of engaging in attempted 'thuggery' the game just might have had a different outcome."

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:24 AM
BeastinB's

Send a message via AIM to BeastinB's
Everyone always cries Bostons a bunch of Thugs...always from whiney fans that have soft teams, nothing new.

Fraser is an absolute tool. That Gretz non call on Gilmour sums it up perfectly. Toronto should of won that series but Fraser said not this year guys. Thats just a small taste of him in action and his bias. Couldn't be happier that ****** is gone.

BeastinB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:46 AM
spokedB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I bet Paul Stewart wouldn't agree with any of this.
Kerry Fraser and Paul Stewart are polar opposites. Fraser's major concern is his doo. Paul Stewart's is hockey.

spokedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:00 PM
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
TSN = Toronto Sports Network. They are so biased it is sad. I cannot listent to any game the b's play against a Canandian team on either TSN or CBC. Both channels are homers to the extreme. CBC is worse thouhg. Glen Healy still cannot process the fact the Thomas is a great goalie. He still belittles him and his style. This from a career backup, and a bad one at that..
Honestly, I've actually started to see the humor in it all and enjoy it. It's like they are under some hypnotic spell, and the gibberish makes me laugh.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:36 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
The title of this thread is very misleading. Fraser wrote an interesting and accurate article, he did use the word 'thuggery', but only in the last sentence of the last paragraph, and it had nothing to do with the playoffs whatsover:

"I say if the Boston Bruins had demonstrated an element of discipline instead of engaging in attempted 'thuggery' the game just might have had a different outcome."
He said "that style of play" (later calling it thuggery) might have been allowed in the 70's and 80's and the finals last year, but won't fly now.

His role is to explain the reffs position whenever their performance becomes an issue- the problem is that their performance only becomes an issue when they screw up and, in his eyes, they never screw up. He even goes as far as making their **** show look like an act of kindness.

Case in point- he says he would have given thornton a game misconduct to go with the abuse of officials penalty he served- completely missing the fact that Thornton was only serving the penalty for Julien and did nothing wrong in his own right.

If there is a silver lining in any of this, it's that Fraser is just a blogger now and doesn't have the power to ruin the game on the ice anymore.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:59 PM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
One of the worst officials in the history of hockey has a comment to make about the Bruins? Whhhhhhhooooooooooo cares.

edit: thanks for posting the link, I just mean I don't care about his bs personal opinion.
So true. Fraser loves the limelight and you would swear he would ref lousy games just so he would be on the camera more.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 02:49 PM
cashman rules*

The guy was and is a piece of ****,he always ruined Boston-Montreal games and he knows it.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 04:35 PM
cambly

The guy clearly has a chip on his shoulder for the B's for whatever reason, and it has been blatantly obvious in every single game he has officiated involving the Bruins. More times than not there has been at LEAST one head-scratching call in the majority of the games he's been a part of.

The guy has always needed to have the spotlight on himself, and some things clearly will never change - plain and simple.

PS - First time poster, have always read the boards but have just recently decided to join in the fun so Hi to all.

cambly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:22 PM
number72

He is right and that is bruins hockey at its best.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Disagree. The Bruins at their best have a strong physical element, but thuggery? No way.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Canucks or Habs fan?

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Disagree. The Bruins at their best have a strong physical element, but thuggery? No way.
Very true. There's a distinct difference between "thuggery" and hard-hitting hockey. Matt Cooke is a thug. Trevor Gillies is a thug. There's nobody on the Bruins that fits that description.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote