HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames/Islanders Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2005, 05:15 PM
PapaBear*

vCash: 500
Yes, Langkow + Warriner for York and parrish.

Old
10-31-2005, 05:49 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear
Yes, Langkow + Warriner for York and parrish.
Bad deal for the Flames. parrish is a UFA after this season. SO we have him for 70 games and then he is gone.

Old
10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think it is that far off. You were willing to do Rhett W. for York. So, that leaves the rest of the deal Parrish for Langkow. True, Parrish MAY be gone next summer, but it is not like Langkow is doing all that well for you. In fact, at this point, I'd honestly hesitate to trade Parrish for Langkow straight up.

Old
10-31-2005, 07:53 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I don't think it is that far off. You were willing to do Rhett W. for York. So, that leaves the rest of the deal Parrish for Langkow. True, Parrish MAY be gone next summer, but it is not like Langkow is doing all that well for you. In fact, at this point, I'd honestly hesitate to trade Parrish for Langkow straight up.
I am willign to wait more than 13 or so games and see how Langkow plays out rather than tarde him for a guy who will be a UFA next year.

Old
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
I am willign to wait more than 13 or so games and see how Langkow plays out rather than tarde him for a guy who will be a UFA next year.
Makes sense to me. Although, as I said, I still would be unwilling to move Parrish for Langkow straight up, contracts and all. I feel confident Parrish will finish with close to 30 this year, and I don't see Langkow hitting that level at the present rate.

Old
10-31-2005, 09:30 PM
MXD

I'd do this with both teams on York for Warrener.

Langkow for Parrish puzzles me, as I don't understand why any team would do this.

Old
10-31-2005, 11:06 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Makes sense to me. Although, as I said, I still would be unwilling to move Parrish for Langkow straight up, contracts and all. I feel confident Parrish will finish with close to 30 this year, and I don't see Langkow hitting that level at the present rate.
It would be a bad idea on Sutter's part to deal Langkow right now, while his value his rock bottum. The only thing Sutter can do right now is play him out of a funk, and hope he does. I'll be straight up and lay the blame where blame is due, but at the same time, there is some light at the end of the tunnel knowing that Langkow can be better, and is usually a consistant performer. I hope Sutter gives Langkow a good upside-smack across the head to wake him up, and if he does, I think you'll see the other lines (specifically the 2nd line and Reinprecht) hopefully follow suite.

For the Flames sake, I hope he does.

Old
10-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier
It would be a bad idea on Sutter's part to deal Langkow right now, while his value his rock bottum. The only thing Sutter can do right now is play him out of a funk, and hope he does. I'll be straight up and lay the blame where blame is due, but at the same time, there is some light at the end of the tunnel knowing that Langkow can be better, and is usually a consistant performer. I hope Sutter gives Langkow a good upside-smack across the head to wake him up, and if he does, I think you'll see the other lines (specifically the 2nd line and Reinprecht) hopefully follow suite.

This makes perfect sense to me.

Old
11-01-2005, 01:02 AM
PapaBear*

lets say the flames do trade for parrish, its not like theres zero chance of him getting resigned by the flames. Amonte, Simon, Wiemer will most likely be gone at the end of the year anyways.

Old
11-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Amonte, Simon, Wiemer will most likely be gone at the end of the year anyways.
All 3 have 1 more year on their contract

Of them, the only player I'd dump is Wiemer. I'm ok with Amonte right now, and Simon is a keeper IMO.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:22 AM
AgentOrange*

Since most of us agree on Warrener for York, someone call up both GM's to get this deal done.

Old
11-01-2005, 09:30 AM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier

As an Oiler fan I would be ecstatic if the flames gave up on Langkow. I'm dreading that he will turn it around because I think he is a solid first line center when playing well - and I honestly think he will turn it around.

If Langkow does start playing - the Flames will potentially be a very good team - although I have always thought their 2-4 lines were the most overrated in hockey - a good first line combined with good defense and a great goaltender will get you far.

Old
11-01-2005, 10:52 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
lets say the flames do trade for parrish, its not like theres zero chance of him getting resigned by the flames. Amonte, Simon, Wiemer will most likely be gone at the end of the year anyways.
It doesn't matter if we have the cap space after this year, Parrish has ZERO obligation to resign with the Flames.

Closed Thread