HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/20 Ferriero recalled

Old
10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto4Now View Post
Sounds like Desjardins will be scratched.

Top 6
Mitchell - Handzus - Wingels
Winchester/McGinn - Ferriero - Murray
If I was using those guys I think i'd go with:

Mitchell - Handzus - Ferriero
Winchester/Wingels - Murray - McGinn

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

Me too.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 03:55 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:

I also agree. I would like to see Wingels scratched.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:

Me too, but they haven't sent down Wingels, so you have to expect him to be in the lineup.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:35 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
thats what i thought, i still think that if injuries happen during the offseason, or training camp that the team can still send players back to the ahl (if ofc they aren't on 1 way contracts).

so stalock, mclaren and possibly sheppard wouldn't of been costing the sharks cap space for the 3 and 4 games they were up.
AIUI, that is NOT correct. (Now, why, I haven't been able to get a specific ruling, e.g., CBA article. However, if a player ended the season on the AHL roster, e.g., Marcou, Lucia, apparently they can "return" to AHL if injured. But you cannot demote an injured player from NHL roster to save cap space.)

I think Stalock is "officially" on the AHL roster, but injured. Have not been able to get any clarification.

(Also, don't know where to look for the official NHL IR and LTIR lists.)

Sheppard, as a trade-acquired player, is on the NHL IR/LTIR, as is Niittymaki. Not exactly sure where McLaren is.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
AIUI, that is NOT correct. (Now, why, I haven't been able to get a specific ruling, e.g., CBA article. However, if a player ended the season on the AHL roster, e.g., Marcou, Lucia, apparently they can "return" to AHL if injured. But you cannot demote an injured player from NHL roster to save cap space.)

I think Stalock is "officially" on the AHL roster, but injured. Have not been able to get any clarification.

Sheppard, as a trade-acquired player, is on the NHL IR/LTIR, as is Niittymaki. Not exactly sure where McLaren is.
I thought Stalock was injured after he was sent back to Worcester? Why would he be on the NHL roster?

Old
10-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
I thought Stalock was injured after he was sent back to Worcester? Why would he be on the NHL roster?
I don't understand. Who's saying he's on the NHL roster?

Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 05:03 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I don't understand. Who's saying he's on the NHL roster?
I missread, she was talking about players being on the NHL roster and not being able to waive them until healthy and then mentioned stalock and my brain went into autopilot.

So nothing to see here, Hockeyball needs a nap.

Old
10-20-2011, 06:17 PM
param

vCash: 50
Quote:
AHL transactions has Ferriero heading/in Newark to join team.

I might expect a handful of guys called up/assigned while on this road trip.

(Ferriero has five - playing - games left of waiver exemption.)
That's my biggest concern, unless if Ferriero blows everyone's socks off, he'll probably be sent back one game before he's eligible for waivers, and then brought up again after the deadline.

param is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2011, 07:23 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by slocal View Post
Hrm, thinking that Ferriero would be replacing Wingels?
Yep, Wingels looked bad in the last game.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:

i'm not saying that is the rule, i'm saying that should be the rule. ( i know this will never happen) but during the preseason and training camp there are some times what 40-60 players in camp fighting for a spot or trying to see where there development is? a few wrong places for a shot and a team could be stuck with 10 extra body's come the regular season counting against the cap since they can't send them any where because they are injured.

i understand if a player makes the nhl regular season roster, that if he gets injured they can't send him down.

but if it happens in the training camp (unless ofc it is a 1 way contract, so if say thornton gets injured they can't send him to the ahl to heal and save his 7 mil), but players like mclaren, stalock, sheppard (maybe not sure if his is 1 way or 2 way) can still be sent down if injured during the preseason.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:38 AM
sub_zero94

honestly, Ferriero seems stronger on the puck and smarter and obviously more experienced then Wingels.

Wingels may have a higher, overall, ceiling then Benny..

The one thing that sets Wingels appart from Ferriero is his first step/speed. Ferriero is very average in that area, and with the Sharks up front they could use all the speed they can get Wingels can bring that if he ever puts it all together

sub_zero94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
but if it happens in the training camp (unless ofc it is a 1 way contract, so if say xxxxx gets injured they can't send him to the ahl to heal and save his 7 mil), but players like mclaren, stalock, sheppard (maybe not sure if his is 1 way or 2 way) can still be sent down if injured during the preseason.
To re-iterate, one-way, two-way contracts have NOTHING to do with whether a player can be assigned to the AHL. Nor the amount of $$ they make.

If a player has a NMC (no movement clause), they cannot be assigned to the AHL (or even Europe) without their consent.

Otherwise, a player can be assigned to the AHL, at the team's discretion.

However, a player may have to "clear waivers" to be assigned (and can be claimed by another team). Players are "waiver exempt" for a specific number of years and/or games depending on when they signed a NHL deal and started playing professionally.

A skater who signs a deal as a 18-19 year old has like 5 years exemption and/or 180 games. (Check out the following from the BOH CBA FAQ: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post20630345)

Couture (27 games left as of start of season), Wingels (65), McGinn (15) and Ferriero (5) are the only players currently on the Sharks NHL roster EXEMPT from waivers. (Stalock is also still exempt)

McLaren and Sheppard are not exempt from waivers; they would have to clear waivers to be assigned.

(Of course, players are not subject to waivers if they agree to go to AHL for a max two-week conditioning assignment.)

Recall waivers are something else entirely, and I don't want to confuse the issue further.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:20 PM

Injured players--no matter when they were injured--cannot be assigned to the minor leagues. Players like Stalock, McLaren, and Sheppard are on what's called the "injured non-roster" list. I believe it is section 16.11 (a), but my .pdf of the CBA is on another computer so I can't look it up right now.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 07:28 AM

From Bill Ballou in today's T&G:

Quote:
Alex Stalock and James Marcou are rehabbing with the (Wor)Sharks, but not on the injured list. They are not on anybody’s roster, which was also the case with Lucia until yesterday.

According to San Jose’s assistant general manager, Joe Will, those three players were classified as “non-roster, did not pass training camp physical” and did not have to be assigned to a roster until they passed the physical, which Lucia did.
Source

210 is offline   Reply With Quote