HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Miikka Salomäki

Old
10-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Tuomaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Granted. But lot of things can happen in six months. Vatanen played his first WC in 2010, Granlund in 2011. I'm a reaching that badly when I claim that a guy like Salomäki could be the next in line?
Surely he could do it. It all depends how he will develop this season. But I don't see him making the team with same assets that made Lajunen crack the lineup.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 06:19 AM
YARR123

I'm not saying it's not possible but Salomäki really needs to explode in order to make the WC national team this year. The team will probably be very stacked since alot of NHL players will be wanting to play in the home games. I'm happy if he gets to play some EHT games and see how he looks. And to his spot as a 4th line crash and banger there already is Komarov who is still definately better than Salomäki.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Granted. But lot of things can happen in six months. Vatanen played his first WC in 2010, Granlund in 2011. I'm a reaching that badly when I claim that a guy like Salomäki could be the next in line?
In my opinion Pulkkinen should be the next in line, not Salomäki. Of course anything can happen, but he's still quite far away from making the team.

Pajicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:37 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
In my opinion Pulkkinen should be the next in line, not Salomäki. Of course anything can happen, but he's still quite far away from making the team.
Pulkkinen is useless in bottom 6 lines and were pretty stacked on top 6. Salomäki is versatile and can play all situations. I'm very disappointed about Pulus developement. His two-way game isn't any better from last seasons. His work ethic isn't very good. Just waits for puck etc... Salomäki is ahead him IMO. Statswise They're even this year but Salomäki adds more into table. If i had to choose from these 2 i would choose Salomäki hands down.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote