HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6 - 10.22.2011 | New York Rangers @ Edmonton Oilers | 10:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2011, 12:28 PM
  #51
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Avery showing his true colors. cant imagine how obnoxious he'd be at a bar.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:28 PM
  #52
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Sauer will be back for the home opener. Book it
I think we can book that. Bell gets sent back and they have to make a decision on who plays between Erixon, Eminger, Woywitka

btw Hank 2nite and Biron Monday I see

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:31 PM
  #53
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Going to the game tonight, last one on this trip, I've had a great time in Western Canada.

Calgary was something else.... I'd love to visit there more often. The people there are so kind, the smell of the nearby gasoline, the multicultural aspect of the city, the cool Canadian breeze, tons of flames jerseys everywhere, just a great experience. The game was also entertaining, the fans were relatively more friendly than the ones in Vancouver, I wasn't as loud and obnoxious as in Vancouver. The Saddledome had a good crowd too, fans were usually on their seat the whole game. On the OT goal, it seemed like Callahan was celebrating before it got into the net, it was really awkward, maybe he is a psychic? I was wearing the same Dubinsky jersey I wore at the Canucks games and I think some of the players recognized me, it was pretty cool. All in all, this road trip has been very entertaining, hopefully they sweep it tonight!
Awesome trip man, I am jealous. I've been wanting to follow the Rangers through western Canada for years now but the opportunity never came up, but there's always next year right?

They should rename this Oilers team the HF Prospect Board All-Stars. Pretty amazing the talent you can assemble when you suck really badly for so long. It'll be interesting to watch this team grow over the next couple of years.

The game tonight should be high-scoring given the state of the two defenses. 6-5 one way or the other is my prediction.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
  #54
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
. On the OT goal, it seemed like Callahan was celebrating before it got into the net, it was really awkward, maybe he is a psychic?
he turned around just in time to see the open net and McDonagh shoot it. He raised his arms as soon as he saw McDonagh taking the shot, I assume because his thought was "he's shooting at an empty net must be a goal"

Levitate is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:45 PM
  #55
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
he turned around just in time to see the open net and McDonagh shoot it. He raised his arms as soon as he saw McDonagh taking the shot, I assume because his thought was "he's shooting at an empty net must be a goal"
Clearly Callahan did not play very long with the NY Rangers version of Chris Higgins.

azrok22 is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:48 PM
  #56
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Ride the hot goalie, Lundqvist should get the start.

This normally would be a gimmie game but without Staal and Sauer its not. The only thing that makes it close is having a top goalie in net.

We can use Biron when we get some of our defenseman back.

Jumbo* is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
  #57
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Awesome trip man, I am jealous. I've been wanting to follow the Rangers through western Canada for years now but the opportunity never came up, but there's always next year right?

They should rename this Oilers team the HF Prospect Board All-Stars. Pretty amazing the talent you can assemble when you suck really badly for so long. It'll be interesting to watch this team grow over the next couple of years.

The game tonight should be high-scoring given the state of the two defenses. 6-5 one way or the other is my prediction.
Hopefully there is. I'd love to go again next year to Western Canada. A good time to get a break from life right now.

I'd normally think this would also be high scoring, but the Oilers havent allowed many goals against this year, shockingly. Renney is using his grinders and two-way forwards for 20+ minutes per game while trapping it to try and search for wins. The Rangers will probably win 4-1 or 3-1 IMO.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 12:56 PM
  #58
CheeseDogs
Registered User
 
CheeseDogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Going to the game tonight, last one on this trip, I've had a great time in Western Canada.

Calgary was something else.... I'd love to visit there more often. The people there are so kind, the smell of the nearby gasoline, the multicultural aspect of the city, the cool Canadian breeze, tons of flames jerseys everywhere, just a great experience. The game was also entertaining, the fans were relatively more friendly than the ones in Vancouver, I wasn't as loud and obnoxious as in Vancouver. The Saddledome had a good crowd too, fans were usually on their seat the whole game. On the OT goal, it seemed like Callahan was celebrating before it got into the net, it was really awkward, maybe he is a psychic? I was wearing the same Dubinsky jersey I wore at the Canucks games and I think some of the players recognized me, it was pretty cool. All in all, this road trip has been very entertaining, hopefully they sweep it tonight!
See ya at the game buddy!!!!!

CheeseDogs is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:12 PM
  #59
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,525
vCash: 500
http://twitter.com/#!/stevezipay/sta...90010249383937

Nik Khabibulin will start in goal for Oilers.

Loffen is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:16 PM
  #60
lJuicel
Registered User
 
lJuicel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Another west coast game, glad I don't have work tomorrow so I can stay up and catch it.

lJuicel is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:22 PM
  #61
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,108
vCash: 500
Is it wrong to fear RHN?

Kids brought it so far..

For my fantasy team I need Prust,Gabby, Cally and Richards to get me points..

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:48 PM
  #62
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up
 
Matt Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Is it wrong to fear RHN?

Kids brought it so far..

For my fantasy team I need Prust,Gabby, Cally and Richards to get me points..
I'm an oil fan, but I'm loving Dubinsky with all the PIMs. It's helping me out

Who is RHN?

Matt Ryan is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:49 PM
  #63
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
NHL_Oilers Edmonton Oilers
#Oilers forward lines tonight vs #nyrangers: Hall-RNH-Eberle, Smyth-Horcoff-Jones, Paajarvi-Belanger-Gagner, Eager-Lander-Petrell
This won't be easy by any means.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 01:55 PM
  #64
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Looks like Bell could replace Woywitka on third pair
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CM PUNK is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:00 PM
  #65
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,304
vCash: 500
looks like hank in net

NYDNRangers Pat Leonard
Team splits into both ends. Lundqvist working with starters. Woywitka, Wolski, Sauer, Biron on other end #NYR
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CM PUNK is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:00 PM
  #66
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks
Looks like Bell could replace Woywitka on third pair
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
That is flat out retarded.

Witty has been excellent so far.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
  #67
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Clearly Callahan did not play very long with the NY Rangers.
Oh, I'd say the problem goes well beyond Higgins.

__________________

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
  #68
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,778
vCash: 500
Why would Woywitka be replaced? from what I saw (like I said, missed Europe games and fell asleep during western trip games) he has been solid. I liked Bell in the pre-season, yes, but did Woywitka play bad or something?

McDonagh is online now  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:15 PM
  #69
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...
 
Mint Berry Crunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Why would Woywitka be replaced? from what I saw (like I said, missed Europe games and fell asleep during western trip games) he has been solid. I liked Bell in the pre-season, yes, but did Woywitka play bad or something?
I think Woywitka has looked fine, it's probably more of an issue with his conditioning more than anything. You could tell he was winded quite a bit out there and Torts is a bit nazi when it comes to endurance. That's the only explanation I would have unless Witty's banged up a bit.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:15 PM
  #70
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Why would Woywitka be replaced? from what I saw (like I said, missed Europe games and fell asleep during western trip games) he has been solid. I liked Bell in the pre-season, yes, but did Woywitka play bad or something?
Torts probably punishing him for that stupid penalty at the end of the game.

iamitter is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:19 PM
  #71
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,525
vCash: 500
Yup, Woy will sit... http://twitter.com/#!/stevezipay/sta...11092712919041

Bell in for NYR.

Loffen is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
  #72
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Bell gets a hatty tonight

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:21 PM
  #73
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Torts probably punishing him for that stupid penalty at the end of the game.
why not bench Gaborik for a shift or 2 for taking a penalty on a powerplay, thats something the best players cant do, and yep we all know it wont happen.. i love how accountability works for certain players at certain times

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:23 PM
  #74
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
why not bench Gaborik for a shift or 2 for taking a penalty on a powerplay, thats something the best players cant do, and yep we all know it wont happen.. i love how accountability works for certain players at certain times
Gaborik's penalty wasn't a penalty. The refs were in a whistle happy mood against Calgary. Woywitka flipped the ****ing puck out of the zone with 2 and a half minutes left in a tie game, he wasn't even pressured. Big difference.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
10-22-2011, 02:30 PM
  #75
Radek27
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Not feeling good about this game tonight. I think the Rangers are going to have problems with their speed early on and with Biron likely in net I can see us dropping this one.

5-3 Oil

Gabby(x2) and Boyle our goal scorers.

Radek27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.