HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ice Time for Fritsche

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2003, 07:51 AM
newcbjfan

vCash: 500
Ice Time for Fritsche

I'm new to this message board stuff, so cut me some slack an the lingo. I usually just read what everyone has to say. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me why Fritsche is not getting more ice time. Didn't Doug say that if we sign him, we will play him like we did with Nash last year. With all the injuries and with as bad as the offense is, what do we have to lose? Put the kid on one of the front lines and lets see what he can do. How do all of you feel, on this subject?

Old
10-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Matt Foley*

Welcome to the boards - always good to have some new posters here.

Danny is going to be a very good player in this league - the Jackets were very fortunate he was still available when it came their turn to select. I think most posters on this board think he will eventually end up being a first line center with Nash and Zherdev (if Nik ever gets out of Russia) on the wings.

Right now, we don't have a need to rush him as we have Cassels and Marchant to play the first two lines. Nash's situation last year was a little different in that playing wing, based on my understanding, is not as complicated as center, which is what Danny plays. Playing the fourth line certainly is not his career goal, but for now it's probably the best place for him to break into the league without putting too much pressure on him.

Doug McLean has showed a lot of confidence in Danny, playing him in some key moments in tight games. The increased playing time will come as he gets more experience.

Old
10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
3mta3

Keep Fritsche on the 4th line with Shelley and Ling for the season. As injured players come back and line shuffling diminishes, he can get a lot of valuable experience with these guys.

I don't think playing him more would help him develop more at this stage.

Old
10-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
I personally am in favor of Fritische playing in Sarnia. But thats just me.

Since your new here, post your bio on the Roll Call.

Old
10-28-2003, 12:41 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

I think Fritche has done a heck of a job where he's at (fourth line center), and expect him to eventually move up in the years to come.

Closed Thread