HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6 - 10.22.2011 | New York Rangers @ Edmonton Oilers | 10:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 02:30 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
That's ridiculous. Accountability is good, but benching a guy that was playing well for making one mistake?

It's just pain.
Old
10-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

vCash: 500
Hank in net....not Biron. IM assumin marty gets his first start in winnipeg, like i expected all along.. Bell is a bit of a shocker, but I'm alright with it I guess. Lets me it 3 in a row boys.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
That's ridiculous. Accountability is good, but benching a guy that was playing well for making one mistake?
Agreed, what the **** Torts? Are you really going to replace a guy who has been the epitome of alright injury fill in with this guy, who we don't know how he'll play, against the Oilers offense?

I hope it's for another reason, because it would be stupid otherwise.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

No one ever said Torts did it for that reason, it is just fan speculation. Calm down everyone. As one poster said earlier, Woywitka has been a bit tired and isn't in "Rangers" conditioning. Guy might just need a game off.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Hank in net....not Biron. IM assumin marty gets his first start in winnipeg, like i expected all along.. Bell is a bit of a shocker, but I'm alright with it I guess. Lets me it 3 in a row boys.
I guess it makes sense considering how good the Oilers offense can be.

Hope Hank doesn't tire out and turn in a clunker at the home opener. I don't expect him to but i'll be upset if it happens.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:40 PM
turcotte8

stevezipay Steve Zipay
Wolski, Woywitka healthy scratches. Bell in for more speed, quickness, Torts says

Old
10-22-2011, 02:41 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
That is flat out retarded.

Witty has been excellent so far.
Say what? He's been terrible. He's a horrible player that will hopefully be in Hartford in a few weeks. I would be fine with never seeing him play another game as a Ranger. Let's give Bell a shot. Bell should not have been sent down in the first place, since I thought he played his way onto the team. He's earned a shot. Earned it a hell of a lot more than some **** waiver pick-up ever did.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:42 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
stevezipay Steve Zipay
Wolski, Woywitka healthy scratches. Bell in for more speed, quickness, Torts says
Nice to see Bell get a shot. Wish we kept him up instead of claiming Woywitka in the first place.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Say what? He's been terrible. He's a horrible player that will hopefully be in Hartford in a few weeks. I would be fine with never seeing him play another game as a Ranger. Let's give Bell a shot. Bell should not have been sent down in the first place, since I thought he played his way onto the team. He's earned a shot. Earned it a hell of a lot more than some **** waiver pick-up ever did.
Woywitka has been terrible? Are you joking? He has been absolutely fine. I get that you disliked his acquisition to begin with, but jesus, give credit where credit is due. He has been perfectly serviceable as a bottom-pair defenseman in his three games.

Seriously man, lay off the hyperbole. Your ability to judge talent is seriously thrown into question if you deem him a "horrible" player. Dale Purinton was a horrible player. Woywitka? Come on.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Woywitka has been excellent on that 3rd pair with Eminger. Don't know what you've been seeing bad in him, but whatever. Agree to disagree.

*disclaimer* Excellent as in compared to everyone taking a big dump on him when we claimed him. Guy has done his job very well.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Woywitka has been terrible? Are you joking? He has been absolutely fine. I get that you disliked his acquisition to begin with, but jesus, give credit where credit is due. He has been perfectly serviceable as a bottom-pair defenseman in his three games.

Seriously man, lay off the hyperbole. Your ability to judge talent is seriously thrown into question if you deem him a "horrible" player. Dale Purinton was a horrible player. Woywitka? Come on.
Thank you. I tried to say it in a nicer way

Old
10-22-2011, 02:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
What?

No, seriously. What? Are we watching the same guy? I'd hardly say he's been "terrible."

Old
10-22-2011, 02:51 PM
OverTheCap

I don't think Woywitka has been as nearly as good as everyone thinks he's been. He's had issues clearing the puck, is slow, and he may have been a candidate for a scratch even if he didn't put the puck over the glass.

Problem is, I'm not sure how much better Bell will be, but it's worth a shot. I feel like Woywitka is the lesser version of Eminger, so maybe Bell can add a little bit of mobility and less redundancy to that pairing.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:53 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:

I think he's been horrible. I constantly see him mishandling the puck. He has no confidence out there. I mean, look at the Islanders game. He passed the puck DIRECTLY to Tavares (right in front of Hank) where Tavares cashed it in. I have not seen anything that makes me think he's more than a #8 fill-in guy.

Bell should have had the spot in the first place. Let Bell get a chance. Woywitka is terrible. He's always been terrible. His lack of confidence with the puck is astounding. It's like hot-potato. It's going to lead to more goals against, too. Torts CLEARLY doesn't trust him. Look at his ice time! The only reason he wasn't egregiously bad against Calgary was that he hardly played!

Old
10-22-2011, 02:54 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
stevezipay Steve Zipay
Woywitka has played well but I can't object to that reasoning since they're playing a young fast team.

Quote:
Lol what? Come on Jonathan. For a 3rd pairing guy he's played solid. I don't know what you were expecting.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:56 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I don't think Woywitka has been as nearly as good as everyone thinks he's been. He's had issues clearing the puck, is slow, and he may have been a candidate for a scratch even if he didn't put the puck over the glass.

Problem is, I'm not sure how much better Bell will be, but it's worth a shot. I feel like Woywitka is the lesser version of Eminger, so maybe Bell can add a little bit of mobility and less redundancy to that pairing.
Bingo. I have no idea why anyone thinks this guy has been any good at all. Eminger is a #6/7 player and is a much better player than Woywitka. That right there should show anyone the level of play Woywitka brings to a team. Woywitka's puck issues are hysterically bad for a "NHL" player.

I've seen enough of him. Hope he's banished to the AHL.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Woywitka has played well but I can't object to that reasoning since they're playing a young fast team.

Lol what? Come on Jonathan. For a 3rd pairing guy he's played solid. I don't know what you were expecting.
I was expecting him to suck, which is what he's done. What do you mean you don't know what I was expecting? I've said the guy is terrible since we claimed him. Enough of Woywitka. Bell earned that spot in camp, anyway. If he ***** the bed, we can try someone else. Woywitka is NOT a reliable bottom pair guy. He's a reliable press-box or AHL guy. That's about it.

Old
10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
stevezipay Steve Zipay
Why is Wolski a healthy scratch when he was just *****ing he couldn't get out of the tub?

Old
10-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Why is Wolski a healthy scratch when he was just *****ing he couldn't get out of the tub?
Maybe it was a metaphorical tub.

And I haven't been huge on Woywitka's play so far. I'm not gonna lambaste him either but I doubt there is much between him and Bell.

10-22-2011, 03:03 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Maybe it was a metaphorical tub.

And I haven't been huge on Woywitka's play so far. I'm not gonna lambaste him either but I doubt there is much between him and Bell.
If the only difference is that Bell handles the puck better, then that is an improvement right there.

Old
10-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Big game tonight.

8-1 NYR.

hatty (2pp goals) for Gabby 1 assist
PP goal and 3 assists for Richie
Prust with a goal
Callahan goal and a assist
Dubinsky goal and assist
Stepan with a PP goal and a 2 assists
McD 3 assists.
Bell with an assist.
Girardi with 2 assists

4 pp goals tonight.

Edm's defense is pretty weak so I expect alot of goals and with Hanke starting at least a goal or 2.

(yes I'm bored. Only 7 more hours )

Old
10-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
Big game tonight.

8-1 NYR.

hatty (2pp goals) for Gabby 1 assist
PP goal and 3 assists for Richie
Prust with a goal
Callahan goal and a assist
Dubinsky goal and assist
Stepan with a PP goal and a 2 assists
McD 3 assists.
Bell with an assist.
Girardi with 2 assists

4 pp goals tonight.

Edm's defense is pretty weak so I expect alot of goals and with Hanke starting at least a goal or 2.

(yes I'm bored. Only 7 more hours )
LOL. Let's hope so.

Old
10-22-2011, 03:08 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
That is flat out retarded.

Witty has been excellent so far.
Quote:
Say what? He's been terrible. He's a horrible player that will hopefully be in Hartford in a few weeks. I would be fine with never seeing.
This is why I love coming here. Nohing but black and white for forum posters.

Having watched both games, I'd say he's been a typical 5th/6th defenseman. Some good plays and a few bonehead ones. What he does have is the talent to recover when he does make a mistake. He's had to scramble a few times but he's generally gotten the job done. You can see why he has tempted so many teams with his potential.

Old
10-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
LOL. Let's hope so.
Yep. And with my luck it will be the other way around. if the score is 8-1 edm you know who to find.

Old
10-22-2011, 03:10 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Gaborik's penalty wasn't a penalty. The refs were in a whistle happy mood against Calgary. Woywitka flipped the ****ing puck out of the zone with 2 and a half minutes left in a tie game, he wasn't even pressured. Big difference.
The TSN replay showed the puck glancing off a Flame player.

Closed Thread