HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what type of pills...

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2003, 07:50 PM
SoundsGood

vCash: 500
what type of pills...

I havent seen any SJ games this year but where is the dominating netminder Nabokov was 2 years ago...

His stats dont seem very positive...

Can someone explain the situation please?

Thanks.

Old
10-28-2003, 01:14 AM
landshark
Beat L. A.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Page
I havent seen any SJ games this year but where is the dominating netminder Nabokov was 2 years ago...

His stats dont seem very positive...

Can someone explain the situation please?

Thanks.
Nabby held out last year for more money, it's obvious he doesn't give a rat's ass about anything but his wallet. I personally can't fault him for that, however, he's not been half the goalie we saw prior to the "mo' money contract." He's making at least 6 figures a year to just "mail it in?" If you want a decent point of reference, there's a buncha middle infielders/outfielders in baseball that have career years when their contract is up...

Dollar, Dollar Bill, Y'all.... WTF difference does it make to Nabby how the Sharks do? He's getting paid reguardless of the outcome, if he gets traded, then so what? If he's lucky he'll get traded to a team that's a contender. Are his odds of winning a cup going to increase if that happens? Probably... Either way, he's still gonna make an insane amount of money for playing a game, win or lose.

Oh, in reguards to the pills, Nabby seems to be on Prozac when he should be on Rittalin...

Old
10-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Baron Von Shark

Please, Nabby held out for a deal that he was more than deserving of. To call him greeding is ridiculous. Have you bothered to look at how much his peers are making? I'm talking about guys who are in the same age group, and were in the similar situation of having a few great seasons, just in time for a new contract.

Nabokov has been a letdown this season. But it's not totally his fault. Look at the team he is playing in front of. 70% of the goals against him are not his fault. When your defense plays so horrendous in frnot of you, you lose confidendce in them. When that happens, things go south. Much of the goalies game is in the head, and Nabokov is trying to cheat and guess on plays because of his lack of faith in his team. He's not been the player he was, he used to be able to single handedly steal games for us, but he's also playing in front of a garbage product. Send him to a good team, and I guaruntee you he will regain form.

Old
10-28-2003, 10:20 AM
NashvillePredators

vCash:
Could Vesa be the new number one in 2004/2005?

Old
10-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Hockeycrazed07

Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
Send him to a good team, and I guaruntee you he will regain form.
A lot of that depends on which team he goes to. If he went to Detroit, for example, like Hasek, his numbers would take a dive. If, on the other hand, he went to a team like Toronto (no D, but good offense), his SV % would spike and his GAA would be similar, while wins would jump up.

Style is a huge part of goaltending, and that's one of the reasons Nabby's numbers have always looked so good in SJ. Fact of the matter is that SJ has always allowed more shots than it's taken, until this year, and it's no surprize that Nabby has fallen even lower this year. Run-and-gun keepers like to have rubber in their faces, and Nabby just isn't getting as much of that this year as he did in the past, compared to total number of SJ shots.

Basically, what SJ needs is a brick wall (I hear there's one that's like wall in the ECHL right now...) in net. Anything less will be pummelled by SJ's atrocious D and lack of forwards getting back in the play.

~Crazed.

Old
10-28-2003, 12:29 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I'm just glad that Toskala is in net vs the Canes.. There going to win now. Nabby is jynxed. I dont care if its your fault or not, if your salary is higher, and what name is on the back of your jersey, If the goalie is not winning games you gotta change somthing. Yet Toskala is 1-0 this year and was hot all last season. I think this is a good move to put Toskala in net and if he wins keep him in there. Nothing against Nabby but he's not getting it done. I want to win freaking games here lol.

Old
10-28-2003, 12:31 PM
mage23

Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
Basically, what SJ needs is a brick wall (I hear there's one that's like wall in the ECHL right now...) in net.
... and speaking of that wall... he won the ECHL goalie-of-the-week honors for last week.

http://www.johnstownchiefs.com/press...october/28.htm

Old
10-28-2003, 12:48 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I wouldnt mind getting IRBE back

thanks for the update on him Mage, I didnt know how he was doing.

Closed Thread