HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Regin (season ending shoulder surgery)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-21-2011, 12:34 PM
  #51
Mercurial
#lalala
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
Are you implying he has eyes in the back of his head? Then he still could not have seen him because his helmet would have blinded him anyways. Any other suggestions on how he could have avoided a hit from behind? Maybe he should just have stayed on the bench and not played. Then he would have been perfectly safe.


Approves.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:03 PM
  #52
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,301
vCash: 500
I'm still flabberghasted that there was no penalty call on the Regin injury. It was a crosscheck to the shoulder when he was nowhere near the puck.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
  #53
FreakyBunny
Registered User
 
FreakyBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Does Regin have Leclaironitus? Hopefully not.
You got me. I googled it, and the result was "Leclair Sonata". Then I got it.

It's early in the season, so hopefully they were just being careful. Which is fine, because we aren't relying on Peter Regin to get us into the playoffs or anything.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:40 PM
  #54
Derivation
Registered User
 
Derivation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyBunny View Post
You got me. I googled it, and the result was "Leclair Sonata". Then I got it.

It's early in the season, so hopefully they were just being careful. Which is fine, because we aren't relying on Peter Regin to get us into the playoffs or anything.
I don't think we're relying on any of the Sens to get us into the playoffs or anything.

Derivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:54 PM
  #55
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
private clinic. Nobody jumps the queue.
Nope. Its at a local hospital. The one which I work at. They don't jump the queue, they have a deal in place which the hospital makes a lot of money off of to pay for things like new magnets for the machine, which as you can imagine is not cheap. Look at it as they are already in queue before their injuries even happen.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:55 PM
  #56
SenzZen
Up Late With McBain
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Nope. Its at a local hospital. The one which I work at. They don't jump the queue, they have a deal in place which the hospital makes a lot of money off of to pay for things like new magnets for the machine, which as you can imagine is not cheap. Look at it as they are already in queue before their injuries even happen.
Those b****rds!!

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:59 PM
  #57
slamigo
Skate or Die!
 
slamigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Nope. Its at a local hospital. The one which I work at. They don't jump the queue, they have a deal in place which the hospital makes a lot of money off of to pay for things like new magnets for the machine, which as you can imagine is not cheap. Look at it as they are already in queue before their injuries even happen.
I call b.s.

What you are talking about is illegal.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:03 PM
  #58
dpw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
I call b.s.

What you are talking about is illegal.
Illegal or not, money talks, ******** walks. <-- the real world

dpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 02:04 PM
  #59
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
I call b.s.

What you are talking about is illegal.
Its not illegal. What you have to understand is that this machine is privately owned. The province only subsidizes operating costs. They pay for you to have a test but they do not own the machine. The hospital does. Our health care system has become a lot more privatized than you would think.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:04 PM
  #60
slamigo
Skate or Die!
 
slamigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Its not illegal. What you have to understand is that this machine is privately owned. The province only subsidizes operating costs. They pay for you to have a test but they do not own the machine. The hospital does. Our health care system has become a lot more privatized than you would think.
hmmm. You're right. It turns out tha there is a public/private partnership. It appears that hospitals raise a significant portion of the money required through donations. Maybe the Senators make some hefty donations?

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
  #61
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
hmmm. You're right. It turns out tha there is a public/private partnership. It appears that hospitals raise a significant portion of the money required through donations. Maybe the Senators make some hefty donations?
You bet. Roger's House does a lot for the community. Very worth while local charity to donate to imo.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 05:25 PM
  #62
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?
 
Kickabrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post

Approves.
At least one person got it. I debated for over a minute on whether I should have used a emoticon, but I figured I'd wait to see if anybody would get the reference. Glad to see at least one person is on the ball today.

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 06:11 PM
  #63
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.
 
Uncle Eugene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Barbados
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
I'm pretty sure that the Senators have an appointment booked for every day, and pay to have the privilege whether it is used or not.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 03:48 PM
  #64
Shanny
Coming In Hot
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,045
vCash: 500
according to SC today, Regin will most likely be out long term.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 03:53 PM
  #65
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
according to SC today, Regin will most likely be out long term.
Define Long Term for me. I'd say long term is anything longer than a month. Sound right?

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 05:00 PM
  #66
Shanny
Coming In Hot
 
Shanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bytown
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Define Long Term for me. I'd say long term is anything longer than a month. Sound right?

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 05:09 PM
  #67
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
2 years. He'll be back in 13-14.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:51 AM
  #68
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Honestly hasn't been a good last 8 months or so for Regin...

I honestly don't see much NHL left in the tank for him if I'm honest.. I hate to say it, but I think he should be in the AHL now... At least for a conditioning stint...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:52 PM
  #69
N Bahn Ahden
Registered User
 
N Bahn Ahden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Honestly hasn't been a good last 8 months or so for Regin...

I honestly don't see much NHL left in the tank for him if I'm honest.. I hate to say it, but I think he should be in the AHL now... At least for a conditioning stint...
Certainly appreciate the honesty.


Any update on his status? Yesterday was supposed to have more tests, but no word on their results.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 02:29 AM
  #70
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
Are you implying he has eyes in the back of his head? Then he still could not have seen him because his helmet would have blinded him anyways. Any other suggestions on how he could have avoided a hit from behind? Maybe he should just have stayed on the bench and not played. Then he would have been perfectly safe.
Have you ever heard of the term "injury-prone"? It refers to players who get injured a lot, for whatever reason. Usually it has to do with their conditioning or style of play.

Add it to your lexicon.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:02 AM
  #71
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,031
vCash: 500
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/02/...-back-in-6-six

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 01:21 AM
  #72
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,239
vCash: 500
It's pretty hard to play in this league without structural integrity in your shoulders.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 07:51 AM
  #73
Orange Thunder
Registered User
 
Orange Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Sad to see this happen to Regin.
I thought he would be our next 2nd line centre, but one more injury to that shoulder and I think he's done.

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:36 AM
  #74
SenzZen
Up Late With McBain
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,224
vCash: 500

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM
  #75
Afro Thunder*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,653
vCash: 500
So its been a month, is he still 2 weeks away like planned?

Any news on him yet? is he skating yet, taking contact?

I wish he had the Alfie genes where he wolferines himself and heals himself. 6 weeks means 2 weeks for Alfie.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.