HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #7: St. Louis Blues vs Carolina Hurricanes

Old
10-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Clay Squares

vCash: 500
Good effort and a fun game to watch. I thought Oshie looked good and the Arnott line was solid all night. Burgland's play was a little sloppy but hey, we won so why be picky.

Nice to see the PK get the kill in OT and Sobotka had an excellent pass on the GWG.

Go Blues!

Clay Squares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Love the energy Oshie was bringing.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Congratulations on a hard-fought well earned win tonight guys. Games like tonight are why I love hockey so much. Obviously would've preferred a different outcome, but you guys earned it and best of luck the rest of the way

Carolinas Identity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:12 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Congratulations on a hard-fought well earned win tonight guys. Games like tonight are why I love hockey so much. Obviously would've preferred a different outcome, but you guys earned it and best of luck the rest of the way
thank you!
also the best to you guys, I enjoyed your W against thre B`s very much

btw and at least you got one point...

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:31 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

I'm watching the replay right now, and it's amazing how much better the PP looks ever since they went (back) to the 1-3-1. They only had one official shot on net on that PP, but they had four or five really good looks at the net from prime scoring areas (Berglund partially fanned, Oshie hit the side of the net, a couple of shots that hit traffic in front). Not only that, but there movement was good and Carolina couldn't keep them out of the center of the ice. Very encouraging.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:46 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

I'd go with Halak tonight. He's the starter, and he needs to play like it. I think Elliott has done great in his two starts, and definitely needs to get more games in...but Halak needs to play out of this. No reason to play the same goalie on back to back games (except possibly if he pitches a shutout).

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:09 PM
papa bergundy

I dont post here much, i usually just lurk. But i've got some free time so ill give this a shot. I think you've got to stat Elliot again tonight. You need to play the hot hand. This might be a similar situation to the penguins last year when Johnson started 10 or so games for them while Fleury was faltering and Johnson played fantastic during that stretch. So i think you start Elliot again and if he has a few blunders then you can toss Halak in there, but you give Elliot the start. He has earned it. LIke i said though, if Elliot has some blunders you toss Halak in there in a pressure free situation and give him every chance to find his groove again and have success in a no pressure situation.

papa bergundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa bergundy View Post
I dont post here much, i usually just lurk. But i've got some free time so ill give this a shot. I think you've got to stat Elliot again tonight. You need to play the hot hand. This might be a similar situation to the penguins last year when Johnson started 10 or so games for them while Fleury was faltering and Johnson played fantastic during that stretch. So i think you start Elliot again and if he has a few blunders then you can toss Halak in there, but you give Elliot the start. He has earned it. LIke i said though, if Elliot has some blunders you toss Halak in there in a pressure free situation and give him every chance to find his groove again and have success in a no pressure situation.
In my opinion, playing Elliot in both games of back-to-back nights signals to Halak that you don't have confidence in him. That's not the kind of message I'd want to send to a guy who seemingly already has confidence issues. By running him back out there against a good Flyers team on the road it shows that the coach and the team believe in him and that he's 'the guy'.

Elliot has played well, but it's time for Halak to start playing well too. Besides, there's no reason to play the back-up two nights in a row...if there was a day off in between the Carolina & Philly games, I'd be more receptive to starting him both games...but it would essentially be a 'benching' of Halak if he didn't get one of these starts.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 12:34 PM
papa bergundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
In my opinion, playing Elliot in both games of back-to-back nights signals to Halak that you don't have confidence in him. That's not the kind of message I'd want to send to a guy who seemingly already has confidence issues. By running him back out there against a good Flyers team on the road it shows that the coach and the team believe in him and that he's 'the guy'.

Elliot has played well, but it's time for Halak to start playing well too. Besides, there's no reason to play the back-up two nights in a row...if there was a day off in between the Carolina & Philly games, I'd be more receptive to starting him both games...but it would essentially be a 'benching' of Halak if he didn't get one of these starts.
Also very valid points. I just think its important for the Blues to come out of this weekend back at 500. And right now, I believe Elliot gives us the best chance to do that. I know that myself and others have more confidence in Elliot than Halak right now, but that certainly doesnt mean the Blues players feel the same way. Just food for thought though. Either way, lets hope the Blues can pull out another win tonight!

papa bergundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:04 PM
SteenMachine

Man, Canes fans are really cool, I think I'm gonna root for them this year since it'll be appreciated.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:17 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post

just fair. but I aree with papa bergundy and winning and go back on the 500. track is more important right now

I`m sure Halak knows whats going on, Elliot plays well, he doesn`t.
not really a confidence thing from the coaches and I`m pretty sure he plays better when he doesn`t have the guaranteed #1 spot since he always has been better under pressure

Old
10-22-2011, 01:19 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Man, Canes fans are really cool, I think I'm gonna root for them this year since it'll be appreciated.
yeah, true. guess we can`t expect that from Philly fans tonight (since the 1st troll arrived right on the first page on the new GDT)

Old
10-22-2011, 02:25 PM
EOM

The more Elliott plays, the more Halak will feel the pressure to perform, like his situation in Montreal competing with Price. That can only be a good thing. Meanwhile, if Elliott keeps playing like this, the Blues can actually win some games.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 03:04 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
I really like the Canes team and have silently cheered for them...except when when we play them, of course. Bunch of good young players and of course the Sutter connection.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:

carolina people are a lot like midwesterners, normally very nice.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 05:22 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
carolina people are a lot like midwesterners, normally very nice.
True I have some family out there, they've always been really happy to be there.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote