Another favourite player maybe on the move

Doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Gary83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
You guys can call me crazy but the first thing I thought about when moving Bourque was Turris.

Turris rights for Bourque straight up?
Turris and Gormley for Bourque and maybe let Maloney pick a C prospect, something like Wahl.

This fixes one of Sutter's biggest screwups!

Or I'd be happy with Turris and a 2nd for Bourque, Turris and Vrbata, unless Sutter and Feaster have other plans for who will take Bourque's spot.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Flamesfan13

vCash: 50
I dont think we trade him now, we might need him for the playoffs. is trade value will be at a all time high at the trade deadline. Deal him in march and milk teams for picks/prospects.

Flamesfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Would you guys want anything from the Avs for him? He would fit in perfectly for us so we'd be able to take Kobasew off of our top 6.

We've been talking about it on our board and the only ones I have seen so far that seem reasonable are;

Quincey for Bourque straight up

and

Galiardi, Porter, 4th for Bourque

I don't think the Quincey for Bourque deal would help with your issues at center, but he is back on his game and can step up in the points department from time to time.

Galiardi and Porter both can play center and with a little kick in the ass Galiardi is one hell of a player.

What do you guys think?

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Avalanche View Post
Would you guys want anything from the Avs for him? He would fit in perfectly for us so we'd be able to take Kobasew off of our top 6.

We've been talking about it on our board and the only ones I have seen so far that seem reasonable are;

Quincey for Bourque straight up

and

Galiardi, Porter, 4th for Bourque

I don't think the Quincey for Bourque deal would help with your issues at center, but he is back on his game and can step up in the points department from time to time.

Galiardi and Porter both can play center and with a little kick in the ass Galiardi is one hell of a player.

What do you guys think?
I'd pass on both deals. Quincey is good, but our D corps is already jammed. We need to send out a dman in return or in a secondary deal. Also if Bourque is dealt I would hope Feaster would be looking a real good young piece coming back as trading for a dman wouldn't be his objective. Any deal going to the Avs (especially considering they are a divisional opponent) and I would demand Hishon comes back our way and probably a 1st round pick. Look at what Penner got last year (Tuebert, 1st and conditional pick), think that type of package only Bourque is better than Penner.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'd pass on both deals. Quincey is good, but our D corps is already jammed. We need to send out a dman in return or in a secondary deal. Also if Bourque is dealt I would hope Feaster would be looking a real good young piece coming back as trading for a dman wouldn't be his objective. Any deal going to the Avs (especially considering they are a divisional opponent) and I would demand Hishon comes back our way and probably a 1st round pick. Look at what Penner got last year (Tuebert, 1st and conditional pick), think that type of package only Bourque is better than Penner.
Alright.

I suppose to a divisional rival that is fair, but in a trade to anywhere else, he would not be worth Hishon and a 1st.

Old
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Alright.

I suppose to a divisional rival that is fair, but in a trade to anywhere else, he would not be worth Hishon and a 1st.
The other thing you have ask yourself is, what is the Flames motivation to trade Bourque? There is none really. Feaster is listening to what teams are offering and he will only likely be traded in the event that we get offered a very nice package.

You guys will probably make the playoffs this year (you jerks lol), so your first will not be a top 10 pick. I think that is a pretty fair deal when you factor in that Bourque is a power forward with great size and speed, can score 30+ goals, and is signed to a long term contract with a very reasonable cap hit. Add to that he has never played with a centre of Statsny's caliber, he would probably put up career numbers in Colorado.

Personally I would prefer Turris, but Hishon could turn out to be quite a good player.

Old
10-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Alright.

I think he's worth a first and a B level prospect. Hishon is better than a B level prospect. Hishon and a 3rd would be fair.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

Is much as I love to see divisional rivals make dumb moves, taking on Hishon would be the dumbest.

He's already had quite a number of major concussions so far and he hasn't even made it out of junior yet.

Edit: Also, we don't have a 1st this year.

Old
10-21-2011, 01:34 PM
neo45

I think the Flames do have motivation to deal Bourque. If he has another year like last year his value will drop sharply, so they should get good value out of him now. From what I've seen so far, I think he repeats last year.

and playing him with Stajan or Hagman is really doing his two-way game no favors

neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
I think the Flames do have motivation to deal Bourque. If he has another year like last year his value will drop sharply, so they should get good value out of him now. From what I've seen so far, I think he repeats last year.

and playing him with Stajan or Hagman is really doing his two-way game no favors
Bourque had a pretty decent season last year, so I don't understand your point.

Also, as MVW noted, Penner, despite sucking for 4 out of the past 5 years, still netted quite a package. So if Bourque has another 25+ goal, 50+ point season, his value will remain high, especially given his contract (4 years remaining at $3.33M a year) and age (29 years old and in his prime).

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Doyle

The Calgary Flames are Trading Everyone!
http://nhlhotstove.com/the-calgary-f...ding-everyone/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
The Calgary Flames are Trading Everyone!
http://nhlhotstove.com/the-calgary-f...ding-everyone/
Good read. Although most of what was said is the writers opinion, however he stuck to what facts are actually known. I think everyone outside of Iggy, Kipper, Backlund and Gio could be traded for the right deal.

Old
10-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Good read. Although most of what was said is the writers opinion, however he stuck to what facts are actually known. I think everyone outside of Iggy, Kipper, Backlund and Gio could be traded for the right deal.
Really, everyone on your list could theoretically be available for the right deal.

If this team has a repeat of October/November from last season, I expect there to be rather significant moves made.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Really, everyone on your list could theoretically be available for the right deal.

If this team has a repeat of October/November from last season, I expect there to be rather significant moves made.
if there is a repeat I would sell everyone and try to load up on higher end prospects, talented young roster players and 1st/2nd rounders

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
if there is a repeat I would sell everyone and try to load up on higher end prospects, talented young roster players and 1st/2nd rounders
You would but not Sutter, his idea of high end prospects are Chris Buttler and Paul Byron. His idea of draft picks are to give them away not to obtain then.

He is not the right guy for rebuild. He knows the business but has next to nothing on hockey knowledge.

BTW, Why is Todd Button still having a job?

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Hockey Fan View Post
You would but not Sutter, his idea of high end prospects are Chris Buttler and Paul Byron. His idea of draft picks are to give them away not to obtain then.

He is not the right guy for rebuild. He knows the business but has next to nothing on hockey knowledge.

I have been reading this site for a while before I joined and I know better than to take your bait. But I would offer a helpful suggestion to re-visit the site rule regarding trolling

Old
10-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Swayze*

Borque for Phanoof?

Swayze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Padlock

Quote:

Well I guess it's a good thing that Sutter isn't in charge of our prospects and draft picks then. If you're going to troll at least proofread your garbage

Padlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padlock View Post
Well I guess it's a good thing that Sutter isn't in charge of our prospects and draft picks then. If you're going to troll at least proofread your garbage
a like button would be great for messages like this

Old
10-24-2011, 05:30 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

I agree but the time for change is really after this season when most of the team is a UFA. It is also convenient this coming draft is supposed to be a deep one. Trade many pending UFA's for tons of pics should the wheels fall off. Again after not even a month it is crazy really to hear all these rumours.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:33 PM
GoFlames

Quote:

I agree with all of that... unusual agreeing with DFF. Hence Dutter has been fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I have been reading this site for a while before I joined and I know better than to take your bait. But I would offer a helpful suggestion to re-visit the site rule regarding trolling
You honestly think Todd Button is a good scout and Dutter was a killer at the draft(and keeps pics)?

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 09:43 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
I agree with all of that... unusual agreeing with DFF. Hence Dutter has been fired.

You honestly think Todd Button is a good scout and Dutter was a killer at the draft(and keeps pics)?
He's referring to the fact that Sutter was fired long before the trade for Butler and Byron. Dallas isn't even putting forth the effort to associate the proper GM with the various accusations.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Soundwave

Cammy for Bourque + Babchuk? Would that work?

Habs are probably desperate for a shake up right about now, and the Flames IMO never should've let Cammalleri go in the first place.

Babchuk is salary filler, but the Habs need bodies on the blueline and someone to help out the PP, so that probably works too.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Cammy for Bourque + Babchuk? Would that work?
Works for me.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote