HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice

Old
10-22-2011, 06:46 PM
MillerTime2181

vCash: 500
Practice

Hey wasn't sure where to put this and it's an odd question, but watching the Flyers-St.Louis game I thought I heard something about Ed Snider opening new rinks in/around the Philly area. Does anyone know if the Flyers have a deal with the Skatezones....more specifically the Voorhees one for practices and if so for how long? I guess I'm asking if the FLyers are locked into a deal with the Skatezone to hold thier practices there or is the plan to shift the practices to one of these new rinks eventually?

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Mosetter27

Flyers permanent home is Skate Zone in vorhees, nj

all the rink sniders opening are for his youth hockey foundation...

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 07:07 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
Flyers permanent home is Skate Zone in vorhees, nj

all the rink sniders opening are for his youth hockey foundation...
Much appreciated. I knew you wouldn't disappoint with a Flyers practice-related question....and that's a relief as a fan from New Jersey one of my fav. things is to catch a handful of practices a year and a move to Philly would put a damper on it cause it would add to the commute. Thanks again.

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Much appreciated. I knew you wouldn't disappoint with a Flyers practice-related question....and that's a relief as a fan from New Jersey one of my fav. things is to catch a handful of practices a year and a move to Philly would put a damper on it cause it would add to the commute. Thanks again.
Not only for you and I but just think how much time out of the personal lives of those Flyers who can almost roll out of bed and be at the Practice Facility... In the off-season and non-practice hours they will not have that personal place nearby to use at their whim.

... That said, I wonder what Jagr will be doing for his Midnight workouts now that he has moved to the City... He is a fitness nut from what I understand and used the Voorhees Rink and Facilities a late hours... Even if he has a private or managed garage, Mid-City parking matters and commuting now will have to curtail that a bit I'd assume.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Flyers845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Not only for you and I but just think how much time out of the personal lives of those Flyers who can almost roll out of bed and be at the Practice Facility... In the off-season and non-practice hours they will not have that personal place nearby to use at their whim.

... That said, I wonder what Jagr will be doing for his Midnight workouts now that he has moved to the City... He is a fitness nut from what I understand and used the Voorhees Rink and Facilities a late hours... Even if he has a private or managed garage, Mid-City parking matters and commuting now will have to curtail that a bit I'd assume.
I'm sure he could afford a car service.

Flyers845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:00 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
Zherdev had a car service

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
No doubt... but it still has to take a bigger chunk out of his personal life. Car service or driving himself is still more time consuming than going across the road as he basically did when he was living in the Voorhees hotel. My guess is he uses a close by gym or just has an equipment room -- he might even be in a building with a gym -- But the on ice stuff is not as easy... I assume his Midnight skates will be a thing of the past.

Or they just can relocate the Practice Facility to a rink in Philly so it will be close to him.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:05 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Zherdev had a car service
And how did that work out for him?