HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks/Pens proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Frightened Inmate #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
The one proposed by Comfortably Numb, absolutely.

Not even close, IMO... two prospects and picks for a franchise goaltender, or a number four defenseman, for a number four defenseman, franchise goaltender and a draft pick.
I have a question, why is Fleury considered a franchise goaltender at the current time, while the Canuck players mentioned were just a couple of prospects, and a couple of first round draft choices, just turn into picks.

I knew there was a reason I put you on ignore.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:16 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison
I have a question, why is Fleury considered a franchise goaltender at the current time, while the Canuck players mentioned were just a couple of prospects, and a couple of first round draft choices, just turn into picks.

If Luc Bourdon had the potential to be a franchise defenseman, I'd call him one. Same thing with Brooks Orpik. Same thing with Brian Schneider.

I should've stated Marc-Andre Fleury has the potential to be a franchise goaltender.

As for your ignore list comment, that's really unneccessary to discuss here. If you have a problem with me, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the issue. Otherwise, your comment is pretty stupid and uncalled for given the posts in this thread.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:16 PM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison

Change it to a potential franchise goaltender and it is still outrageous. Change it to bag of pucks and its still a tough sell.

Old
10-31-2005, 10:38 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
Counter-proposal...

I would deal Fleury to the Canucks for Luc Bourdon, Cory Schneider and 2 first round picks.

I wouldn't do this if I was the Penguins...
Why would we trade a franchise goaltender?

Old
10-31-2005, 11:25 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Dumb
Hahaha, I assume you are kidding. Fair enough, this deal probably is lop-sided towards the Canucks.

To be honest, the Canucks have NO REASON to trade for a young, un proven goalie. We have great deph in young goalies, if we are going to make a trade for a goalie it is going to be a proven clear upgrade over Cloutier.

Probably a better trade would be

To Vancouver:
Orpik (Someone of his value)
Fleury
2-4 Draft Pick.

To Pittsburgh
Allen

If you have being watching Allen you would agree with this. Allen would be the Pens best defensive d-man and maybe best all around d-man. He has look awesome thus far.

You would of course get a resounding "Hell no" from myself and pretty much all Canuck fans. But the problem is the fact the Canucks won't be trading any "immediate help" while the Pens will be looking for "immediate help" until they have given up on the season which shouldn't be for quite a while.

We got a real comedian here.

Or at least I hope.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
10-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Same thing with Brian Schneider.
It's Cory Schneider

Old
10-31-2005, 11:33 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg
It's Cory Schneider
LOL, yes I know, that was a mistake. Brian Schneider is a Major League Baseball catcher, my apologies.

Old
11-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

I like it when one fanbase is so insulted by the response of a trade proposal that they try and counter-offer something equally absurd just to indirectly insult the value of the other teams players.

Fun game played a lot these days.

Old
11-01-2005, 01:27 AM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
I like it when one fanbase is so insulted by the response of a trade proposal that they try and counter-offer something equally absurd just to indirectly insult the value of the other teams players.

Fun game played a lot these days.
As bad as the original proposal was, Scheider and Skinner are not worthless scrubs. Obviously not at the level of Fleury though.

Old
11-01-2005, 01:54 AM
sunb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz
You can't be a big Pittsburgh fan and be that ignorant of the prospect depth.

Regardless, this deal stinks. For the Pens to pull the trigger on a big trade, it would have to be for defensive help now. this is offering mid-grade prospects for one of the Pens cornerstone prospects, which will create a gaping hole in the team's rebuilding plan. The value may be not be that ridiculous, but the premise of it is.
I'm commenting about the "window of opportunity" that exists for guys like Lemieux, Gonchar, Palffy, Recchi, Leclair et al. That window is non-existant. Crosby, Malkin and Fleury are another story entirely. They will likely forge their own window. But will they start making an impact immediately so that Lemieux et al can bask in that glory? Not likely.

Old
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
Lionel Hutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanovski = Norris
I'm commenting about the "window of opportunity" that exists for guys like Lemieux, Gonchar, Palffy, Recchi, Leclair et al. That window is non-existant. Crosby, Malkin and Fleury are another story entirely. They will likely forge their own window. But will they start making an impact immediately so that Lemieux et al can bask in that glory? Not likely.
I don't see how that means "Mario and the Pens" not have a window, nor what Leclair Recchi et al have to do with it.

The franchise is loaded at prospect depth and when the rebuilding is complete, they should be a contender. Since Mario, is the owner, he will be there, hence "Mario and the Pens" do have a window.

If that what your clarification is what you meant, you can see how I misinterpreted, based on the comment you were replying to.

Old
11-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
The one proposed by Comfortably Numb, absolutely.

Not even close, IMO... two prospects and picks for a franchise goaltender, or a number four defenseman, for a number four defenseman, franchise goaltender and a draft pick.
The purpose of my proposal was a satire, oh well. I was responding the the second proposal.

Closed Thread