HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this your lowest point as a CBJ fan?

View Poll Results: As a fan, what do you consider the lowest point in CBJ franchise history?
Around end of MacLean era (including period near Gallant firing) 8 3.94%
December/January swoon that led to Hitch's firing 2009-2010 23 11.33%
Winless start of 2011-2012 season under Arniel 140 68.97%
None of the above (please list) 32 15.76%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

vCash: 500
Yes.

Old
10-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Hugg

They could do anything tomorrow and I wouldn't be fazed.

Rick Nash traded for a 5th round draft pick. I'd shrug. Not like we'd be any worse.

Old
10-22-2011, 08:41 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
09-10 season, but this season will take the top spot in a couple of more weeks if things don't change.
After tonight my vote has now changed.

Old
10-22-2011, 08:44 PM
CapnCornelius

I can't believe I was dumb enough to believe this year would be different.

I've always been realistic about the Jackets chances, and this time I was dumb enough to think we'd at least contend for a playoff spot and, maybe if the stars aligned, do something in the playoffs.

So, this is what it feels like to be a Rangers fan? Your team spends a bunch of money and you still suck as badly as the year before.

Old
10-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Heinze 57

This is my lowest moment as a Blue Jackets fan. I have a new hole in my wall and my hand hurts. I'm embarrassed that a sports team led me to do that and I'm embarrassed by what just happened.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Str8cash

Yep, this is it. I can't understand how people can still make excuses for them too. Injuries, suspensions, or you just stepped in dog poop. You still have to find a way to win, period. Teams go through it all the time. With the money we have spent there is supposed to be some depth to get you passed it. I just do not understand.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:10 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinze 57 View Post
This is my lowest moment as a Blue Jackets fan. I have a new hole in my wall and my hand hurts. I'm embarrassed that a sports team led me to do that and I'm embarrassed by what just happened.
Don't feel bad I stopped myself last second from tossing my iPad into the Tv.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:11 PM
rootbie

Do you think this team is in danger of moving? Obviously the moves this off-season were motivated by a fear that, unless the team performs better, fan interest, already waning, will continue to do so.

Now that the team has, as you've all acknowledged, hit rock-bottom, especially as it comes after said misguided attempt to try to get better because they were worried already worried about losing fans, does this start to the season (you basically can't deny that the Jackets are pretty much out of playoff contention already...they'd have to have a stretch where they go 7 games above .500 just to get to five hundred) pretty much mean the end of this franchise?

Old
10-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Str8cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I can't believe I was dumb enough to believe this year would be different.

I've always been realistic about the Jackets chances, and this time I was dumb enough to think we'd at least contend for a playoff spot and, maybe if the stars aligned, do something in the playoffs.

So, this is what it feels like to be a Rangers fan? Your team spends a bunch of money and you still suck as badly as the year before.

Yep, and how long has Sather been there....

Old
10-22-2011, 09:13 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbie View Post
Do you think this team is in danger of moving? Obviously the moves this off-season were motivated by a fear that, unless the team performs better, fan interest, already waning, will continue to do so.

Now that the team has, as you've all acknowledged, hit rock-bottom, especially as it comes after said misguided attempt to try to get better because they were worried already worried about losing fans, does this start to the season (you basically can't deny that the Jackets are pretty much out of playoff contention already...they'd have to have a stretch where they go 7 games above .500 just to get to five hundred) pretty much mean the end of this franchise?
No

Old
10-22-2011, 09:14 PM
AngryWorm

I'm a lone Jackets fan in Kitchener (Canada, close to Toronto). I'm getting trolled every day at work for it. I use to defend them, now I can't.

I use to have a Stinger magnet on my cubicle, but he's coming down Monday.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:15 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbie View Post

I think the powers that be have ordained the Arena deal will get fixed. Notwithstanding the season, I think the County Commissioners will approve the deal in part because of how much the owners spent on the team, regardless of the results.

The Jackets will be safe, but the owners will have an attendance problem and as such they need to respond immediately to clean house and get this team where it needs to be.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:17 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Vengence View Post
I'm a lone Jackets fan in Kitchener (Canada, close to Toronto). I'm getting trolled every day at work for it. I use to defend them, now I can't.

My apologies. I know what its like to be a fan of a team while living elsewhere (SoCal).

Just remind them that we'll probably win our first cup before the Leafs get another one. (Pretty much how I deal with Kings fans.)

Old
10-22-2011, 09:19 PM
CaliBuck
Mission: Playoffs

Today definitely marks the worst point in being a CBJ fan since the expansion year. I have a hard time imagining it getting worse than this, however with this team, you never know. They're bound to do the same thing again on Tuesday.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:20 PM
CaliBuck
Mission: Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I think the powers that be have ordained the Arena deal will get fixed. Notwithstanding the season, I think the County Commissioners will approve the deal in part because of how much the owners spent on the team, regardless of the results.

The Jackets will be safe, but the owners will have an attendance problem and as such they need to respond immediately to clean house and get this team where it needs to be.
Anyway we can just start over and do the expansion draft all over again?

Old
10-22-2011, 09:29 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBuck View Post
Anyway we can just start over and do the expansion draft all over again?

I'd be fine starting over with the innaugural team again, even at their age. I bet Sanderson's still got more in the tank than half of the guys on the team.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Renion

Oh, I can always sink lower.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

Well, I can vote now. Both in 09-10 and this year I had high expectations for this team and they failed miserably. But the game tonight took it to a new low. I cannot even believe what just happened in the last 2 minutes of that game. The emotions are obviously still raw, but I don't recall ever being this fed up with the team.

I'm not sure I could believably explain it to someone...

"Well, we were up by a goal with 2 minutes left, then got a powerplay, and yet still lost in regulation. No, I'm not joking."

Old
10-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Str8cash

I'm not sure I could believably explain it to someone...

"Well, we were up by a goal with 2 minutes left, then got a powerplay, and yet still lost in regulation. No, I'm not joking."[/QUOTE]

Classic

Old
10-22-2011, 09:55 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

This isn't the worst because once this losing streak is over I think we'll have the best roster we've ever had. And that's something we can build on. Every other previous low point included a roster full of holes.

Old
10-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
This isn't the worst because once this losing streak is over I think we'll have the best roster we've ever had. And that's something we can build on. Every other previous low point included a roster full of holes.
So, what does Rimer have to say about the season thus far?

Old
10-22-2011, 11:22 PM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

I voted 09-10. Everything that's happening now, I've completely distanced myself from. I learned during what I call the original 'Streak of Suck' in 09-10 to just turn myself off, because I really don't feel like throwing the remote at the TV or making my own nooses for my Rick Nash bobblehead anymore.

So now all I can do is watch the game and feel a helpless anger, or not watch, look up the score later in the night, and give what JF Omalycat called a 'resigned laugh'.

Old
10-22-2011, 11:47 PM
CarolinaBlueJacket

Holy crap the jackets suck. The loss against ottowa tonight was crushing. If they turn this season around and I hope they do, it will be one of the greatest turn arounds in nhl history. I think that is doubtful. Wow this is a while new level of suck.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:39 AM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Vengence View Post

I think I can contend with you here:

My colleagues on our scouting website make fun of me for being a Jackets fan. No big deal, except that one of them is an Isles fan. Yes, we are even looked down upon by Isles fans. That is my lowest point as a CBJ fan - it's like Pirates fans making fun of Cubs fans.

As someone already said, things are always the darkest before dawn. I truly believe that Wisniewski will be a difference maker, though, how much of a difference is yet to be seen. This one against Ottawa is a heart breaker, for sure. I'm still optimistic about this team's future, though I think it certainly isn't going to be this year. We'll have a very high draft pick in a very good draft, at the rate we're going though ... be happy about that.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:52 AM

I know I may get some crap for chiming in here, but as someone who frequents Nationwide Arena I feel like I can weigh in.

Not planning on going to any more games until a change is made. Either on the ice (WINS!) or behind the bench. I'm being intentionally vague. ANY change. Doing nothing and expecting different results is a pretty ridiculous thing. I'm not going to spend my money on that.

Closed Thread