HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tavares Future Linemates (Strome)

Old
10-22-2011, 02:10 AM
ilovemarkmessier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Moulson is a legitimate winger. Parenteau has been surprisingly good this year.
Seriously both these guys have been good. Moulson is first line talent I dunno he only scores 30+ a season it would be hard to do better. Maybe focus on the areas that arent working instead of the ones that are.

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:10 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemarkmessier View Post
Seriously both these guys have been good. Moulson is first line talent I dunno he only scores 30+ a season it would be hard to do better. Maybe focus on the areas that arent working instead of the ones that are.
He scores when John is on. When John is off he disappears. The same is true for PAP. What that line needs is someone who can pick the line up when John has his quiet games, in part to reignite Tavares. Moulson and PAP are feasting off JT. I'd be all for keeping Moulson on his wing as it is rare to see a complete line of players who all pick up the slack when the others fall off. Heatley-Alfredsson-Spezza were just such a line for a while with the Sens. Any one of them could go into hibernation and the others would pick up the slack. John's line is all about John. They'd likely add another 30% to 40% production to his totals if they added a real wing next to him and pushed PAP down to help the 2nd scoring unit. And yes, that extra production would equal more Ws in the win column.

I don't know if you recall the line Anaheim had back with Kariya, Selanne, and Ruccin. Ruccin was 2nd line material all the way, and the center pivot to boot, but the other two supported each other making for a constant threat every shift they were out there. When they were both on the goals poured down. When one was off they still had decent production. That's what Garth & Wang should try to make happen, if of course, they are honest about wanting to make the playoffs.

Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 10-22-2011 at 11:21 AM.
A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 01:25 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I get:

Evander Kane
Tyler Ennis

I give:

Kyle Okposo
Ryan Strome
2nd round pick

imo okposo > kane and stome has huge potential like 70 point potential imo

and in response to the OP i think strome will take the top line right wing spot unless kabanov reaches his potential or petrov comes to the nhl

Last edited by startainfection: 10-22-2011 at 01:36 PM.
startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:25 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
imo okposo > kane and stome has huge potential like 70 point potential imo

and in response to the OP i think strome will take the top line right wing spot unless kabanov reaches his potential or petrov comes to the nhl
Right now Okposo = Tambellini. I am not sure where you are getting your info from but Kyle has played like the new invisible man.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote