HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#7|Oct 22, 2011|Blues at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
10-22-2011, 09:52 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Schenn - giroux - jagr
Hartnell - Briere - voracek
simmonds - couturier - Jvr
Nodl- read- talbot

Get cooter off the 4th ****ing line! !!

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

i like the "hartnell doesn't belong on any line except the fourth line, trade him and his $4.2m cap hit for picks and prospects" line of logic.

Ilkka Sinisalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:38 PM
jml87

Sucks my brother had to watch this live tonight

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcellentGuesser View Post
I guessed Bob would be your starter before the end of the season..
Seriously shut the **** up - you're predicting the best goalie that ever played in your godforsaken corner of the desert isn't good enough to start in the NHL? (or maybe you're just another Leafs fan that adopted an American team from the western conference as "your team") You don't remember that he was responsible for 75% of all the wins that crap team has had for the last couple seasons? Here's a prediction for you: I predict you don't hit 6,000 in average attendence and lose your franchise within 2 years to some Canadian city that lists Mrs. Paul's as it's biggest employer. Bryzgalov wasn't the problem tonight it was Fartsmell taking the only penalty after the team skates hard to make it a 1 goal game and he has to be the tough guy and take the only ****ing penalty out of a huge scrum.

So let's give Hartnell 15 more games, see what he does then they will probably have to send him to Adirondack if he won't waive his ntc. All these posters saying - trade him for a late pick or a prospect just don't get it. He makes 4.2 million ****ing dollars. A bad contract will have to come the other way. Like maybe Wade Redden or Yashin or maybe Dipietro...

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Seriously shut the **** up - you're predicting the best goalie that ever played in your godforsaken corner of the desert isn't good enough to start in the NHL? (or maybe you're just another Leafs fan that adopted an American team from the western conference as "your team") You don't remember that he was responsible for 75% of all the wins that crap team has had for the last couple seasons? Here's a prediction for you: I predict you don't hit 6,000 in average attendence and lose your franchise within 2 years to some Canadian city that lists Mrs. Paul's as it's biggest employer. Bryzgalov wasn't the problem tonight it was Fartsmell taking the only penalty after the team skates hard to make it a 1 goal game and he has to be the tough guy and take the only ****ing penalty out of a huge scrum.

So let's give Hartnell 15 more games, see what he does then they will probably have to send him to Adirondack if he won't waive his ntc. All these posters saying - trade him for a late pick or a prospect just don't get it. He makes 4.2 million ****ing dollars. A bad contract will have to come the other way. Like maybe Wade Redden or Yashin or maybe Dipietro...
Good point about Hartnell. Kind of understated how much his penalty cost us.

I really, really want Hartnell of this team. Even when he's at his peak performance he's still an average 60 point second liner that annually is among the league leaders in minor penalties. As it is he still has the debilitating bad penalties, but he's not scoring either.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:36 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I'd love it if we could trade hartnell for a guy like Rene bourque.

Maybe something like
Hartnell, Gustafsson and a 2nd
For
Bourque and sarich

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:41 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post

Bob is a better option than Bryzgalov.. Bryz is just not that good ..

I'm going to also guess in less than two years many will consider the signing of that uninspired Russian, the worst Flyer signing of all time..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
I'm going to also guess in less than two years many will consider the signing of that uninspired Russian, the worst Flyer signing of all time..
Jody Shelley has that locked up.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:48 PM
52G228PIM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Jody Shelley has that locked up.
I wouldn't be so sure, Bryzgalov had a careless attitude in a contract year.. Now he is locked up long term I'd except what little competitive fire he has to go completely out..

You'll think I'm crazy but I was not in favor of offering him a contract to return to the Coyotes at all..

52G228PIM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:

But it will be worth it to not have to listen to the media constantly say the Flyers need to finally sign a big name goalie for 9 years! Sure, he might end up stinking, but at least the team did what the media wanted.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
But it will be worth it to not have to listen to the media constantly say the Flyers need to finally sign a big name goalie for 9 years! Sure, he might end up stinking, but at least the team did what the media wanted.
I may need to fine tune my sarcasm detector because I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:01 AM
cheesesteak

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure, Bryzgalov had a careless attitude in a contract year.. Now he is locked up long term I'd except what little competitive fire he has to go completely out..

You'll think I'm crazy but I was not in favor of offering him a contract to return to the Coyotes at all..
So, pretty much you just troll Bryz? Why are you here?

cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:17 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
SOG can be a overrated stat and tonight was an example of just that. Elliot wasnt "godly" as I read a few people say. How many shots were just lazy long range wristers that he saw. Give me a break. We made it easy on another goalie tonight. Our offense was predictable.
We got exactly what we deserved.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:39 AM
Doyle

Early Season Changes Cause for Flyers Growing Pains?

After starting out the regular season with a 4-0-1 record in their first five games, the Philadelphia Flyers have hit a rough patch. They have dropped their last two in regulation both home games and are 0-2-1 in their last three home games.

http://nhlhotstove.com/early-season-...growing-pains/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
SOG can be a overrated stat and tonight was an example of just that. Elliot wasnt "godly" as I read a few people say. How many shots were just lazy long range wristers that he saw. Give me a break. We made it easy on another goalie tonight. Our offense was predictable.
We got exactly what we deserved.
He had like two saves worthy of note that I saw, and one softy. That's average NHL goal tending in my book.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:46 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Schenn - giroux - jagr
Hartnell - Briere - voracek
simmonds - couturier - Jvr
Nodl- read- talbot

Get cooter off the 4th ****ing line! !!
Every time Couturier is on the ice he impresses in both zones. I agree!

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:

Someone sounds bitter.

Bryz is going to have a hard time competing against Jody Shelley for that title. If you'd said 7 years, sure. I could side with you there. 2 years? That's extreme. Bob still has a lot of kinks in his game that need working out. Bryz is definitely the better goaltender overall, but he's been let out to dry recently. The fact that the defense has just let opposing offenses set up any screen they want at will doesn't make life any easier for him...and Bob would definitely not do any better in the same circumstances.

10-23-2011, 02:16 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Good game to miss, apparently.

10-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Good game to miss, apparently.
I'm about ready to occupy Wells Fargo.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Ryker

Was it really that bad, though? I mean I've only seen the highlights, and from those I didn't get the feeling we were that bad, apart from that one goal with Coburn dancing around the puck and managing not to clear it from in front of Bryzgalov. And a couple of their other goals looked kind of fluky, as well, to be honest.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Yeah, it was bad. Passing in general was horrendous, they spent a lot of time stuck in their own end, they had trouble getting through the neutral zone, and generally the best they could manage on offense was perimeter shots which pretty much always ended with the Blues getting possession and skating away to restart the whole process again. You can pretty much name any aspect of the game, and chances are the Flyers were doing it poorly tonight.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Rewatching the Oshie goal is giving me agita.

An alarmingly lame effort.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 04:05 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyrock View Post
Rewatching the Oshie goal is giving me agita.

An alarmingly lame effort.
Lilja looked terrible on that one.

Thank god I fell asleep after the first.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 07:01 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:15 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Fire Lavy and dump Hartnell.....well sort of kidding at least with Lavy.

Anyway, so they have run into the rough patch that a team with so much turnover usually does. The first few game were an anomaly. Typically takes 10 to 15 games so be prepared for some more facepalm. I will worry if this carries over into the 2nd half. Gonna be tough to make the playoffs solely bc of the parity in the league. Too many prolonged losing streaks (more than 3) will make it pretty tough...so they will have to get it together.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote