HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#7 Kings vs Stars 10/22/11 - POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS ‎

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2011, 02:50 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Looks like Kopi. Here is slightly bigger pic for background.

Thank you and it is applied. Looks good.

I said it in July, and still believe it the Kings are a legit SC contender this year, loving this team. Bst Kings team ever assembled.

Old
10-23-2011, 04:14 AM
rapots

Los Angeles Quicks

Old
10-23-2011, 04:45 AM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
First line. We have one. It's official. I thought Smyth-Kopitar-Williams was a first line, I was wrong, because it had been so long since the Kings had actually had one. THIS is the first line we have been waiting for. No question. Better come up with a name for it because that's the line.
Loving the first line and how they just take over their shifts. You can just feel the other team bending when they're on the ice. Sometimes it looks like they're just playing with the other team and they make it look pretty effortless too.

PS. Denis Lemieux is our lucky charm. We scored right after they interviewed him.

Old
10-23-2011, 05:37 AM
serenity now

It's only October. Another 100 points or so before April would be nice. Then a nice long run into June

Old
10-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Asheru

Quote:
Quick. GOD. What's the difference? There is none. He deserves this record, and I think with this performance he slammed the door shut in Bernier's face, not that it wasn't already about completely closed, but I think it will really take a miracle now for Bernier. It's a long season, and still got a postseason to advance in, but it is about time to accept the fact that Quick is here to stay.
It was an unbelievable performance and I can picture Quick winning out for sure...but on the other hand, if Lombardi made that decision based on three games, I would be really surprised.

Having competition pushes him to be better, it's all for the good.

Old
10-23-2011, 08:37 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Very exciting game for one that was so low scoring. It seemed like the puck would just bounce the wrong way for the Kings, ruining some would-be glorious chances. Maybe it was the ice but likely the timing was just a tad off.

VV has been very solid and I wish we could see him a but longer. I'd rotate him with AMart. He's more physical than I thought he'd be, and he's also been less dynamic. Maybe he's just playing a less risky game until he gets comfortable. I've been waiting for him to put those wheels on display and put some pressure on the rush, but it hasn't happened yet. I think he's responsible enough that he could replace one of our older defenseman one day.

I think Quick is putting away all doubts here, but he and the rest of our team won't shed the haven't won anything tag, especially on the main board, until they actually do. I'm feeling pretty good about this team going deep this year.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:05 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio: Quick Sets Two Team Records, Leads Kings To 1-0 Win Over Stars

Frozen Royalty Audio: Jonathan Quick Sets Two Team Records, Leads LA Kings To 1-0 Win Over Dallas Stars

Old
10-23-2011, 09:34 AM
21Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
LOL at Johnson; Better to be lucky than good.
All about pitch selection.

He went with the knuckler.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

JmfgwgJ!

Go Kings Go!

So glad we have Rick on this team!

Old
10-23-2011, 10:33 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

There's some caption this pic gold from the game photos last night. More from the game. (As Cruel noted - the audience reactions in some of these are priceless):

Old
10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Huge win. Dallas is good.

Old
10-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I know everyone is in glowy mode right now. Not to mention VV love. But he was dominated pretty hard down low a few shifts in the third, and knocked off the puck quite easy. Why WM and Greene were the pair to finish the game. I also think its no coincidence that the team has had trouble producing offense a little the last two games without DD. Dallas coulda easily taken this game.
ye i agree, a couple of times in the 3rd, the Stars generated good scoring chances and easily could have taken the lead, due to VV making poor decisions defensively

Still its expected since he is a rookie, playing his first 3 career games so he is going to make mistakes here and there. He has slotted in very nicely though, doesnt look out of place at all

Old
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Wait..... There are people that think this was a SLOPPY game? Lulz.

Old
10-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Wait..... There are people that think this was a SLOPPY game? Lulz.
In a large part it was. Defensive coverage broke down several times and we got quite a few lucky bounces. Dallas had set up an enormous amount of high quality chances only to bobble the puck and not get a shot off. We did a much better job with our aggressiveness in the defensive zone and pokechecking and getting our sticks into their play, but overall Dallas failed to execute numerous chances that would have broken the shutout. More so than usual.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
10-23-2011, 11:22 AM
ZJames

Quote:
First line. We have one. It's official. I thought Smyth-Kopitar-Williams was a first line, I was wrong, because it had been so long since the Kings had actually had one. THIS is the first line we have been waiting for. No question. Better come up with a name for it because that's the line.
How about the Bubble Wrap Line?

Old
10-23-2011, 11:26 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Dallas should have been the tired team, but I thought that they were much more organized coming out of their own zone than the Kings were in the 3rd period. Either that or the Kings were giving up the center red line far too easily.

Some nice work by the Kings in the 1st period, as they could have easily been up 2-0 after that period, but Raycroft came up big.

Congrats to Quick. He is tough as nails, works hard, and is an all-around nice guy. Nice to see him get another piece of the Kings' record book.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:04 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's a fabulous feeling going in to Staples Center and expecting the Kings to win versus hoping they do.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:09 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's a fabulous feeling going in to Staples Center and expecting the Kings to win versus hoping they do.
Seriously.

Only down side is that tickets are more expensive.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:15 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

For those of you that missed the highlights, or who just want to hear the Dallas announcers take on things, here's the game condensed to 6 minutes from the Stars feed: http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...1227&id=130075

Daryl Reaugh's game day preview from the Chick Hearn statue: http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...1229&id=129843

Old
10-23-2011, 01:59 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
For those of you that missed the highlights, or who just want to hear the Dallas announcers take on things, here's the game condensed to 6 minutes from the Stars feed: http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...1227&id=130075

Daryl Reaugh's game day preview from the Chick Hearn statue: http://video.stars.nhl.com/videocent...1229&id=129843
I love Bob, but if he ever decides to retire, i dont care how much money they throw at those two, i want them as our announcer.

Old
10-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
PS. Denis Lemieux is our lucky charm. We scored right after they interviewed him.
Pretty sure the dancing chubby kid they put on screen at the game during the break was the lucky charm, but maybe it was a combination of both

They cut to this kid getting down with his shirt off, and just as I was telling my friend that if the Kings score soon it will be cause of the dancing kid JMFJ put the puck in the net. Coincidence? I think not.

Awesome game by Quick, hope he enjoys the couple days off to celebrate cause he sure as hell has earned it. Thank God he plays on our side.

Go Kings Go!! Counting minutes til Tuesday.

Last edited by Alisa: 10-23-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old
10-23-2011, 02:46 PM
123slam

Quote:
There's some caption this pic gold from the game photos last night. More from the game. (As Cruel noted - the audience reactions in some of these are priceless):

Mr. Tony Soprano himself.

Old
10-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Matthew Perry and Kevin Connolly were also there.

Old
10-23-2011, 02:57 PM
chesed

Quote:

That is freakin' hilarious. =P

Old
10-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Martyros

Does anyone else NOT hold his or her breathe when someone gets a great scoring chance against Quick?

Closed Thread