HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Lars Eller Thread

View Poll Results: What would you do with Lars Eller?
Try and play him more for trade bait? 6 3.14%
Play him with better line mates? 141 73.82%
Let him finish the year and see how it goes? 44 23.04%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2011, 07:35 AM
  #76
Young Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Get off the crapp about eller, don't see him and max pac lighting it up. it may happen and it may not, right now, overrated. Most people overrate hab players, we are at the
bottom looking upwards. A lot of teams have Eller and max like players who are playing
better and putting up points.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:58 AM
  #77
AraGOHABSGO
Registered User
 
AraGOHABSGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
No way are we splitting up A.K-Eller...

Those guys have such a chemistry togther!!!! Even last year they were owning until our smart coach decided to split them apart because they were outproducing his favorite center ( Gomez ).

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:09 AM
  #78
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
As per title. Just how much better would the game be last night if PK or someone dropped the gloves with Toronto. Seriously this will be a long season if we try to match skill with other team...time to goon it up.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:20 AM
  #79
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
As per title. Just how much better would the game be last night if PK or someone dropped the gloves with Toronto. Seriously this will be a long season if we try to match skill with other team...time to goon it up.
Omg, you're really delusional if you want PK fighting.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:46 AM
  #80
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,133
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
2 assists for my thug of the year last night.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:52 AM
  #81
Renholder
Racing like a pro
 
Renholder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Eller was giving glimpse of absolute domination yesterday. There was this one sequence where he was forechecking and had komisarek behind him ready to squish him along t he boards while he just sidestepped him with the possession of the puck and drove to the net... it was forsberesque.

This kid has the potential to be the best forward on the team.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:07 AM
  #82
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Eller was giving glimpse of absolute domination yesterday. There was this one sequence where he was forechecking and had komisarek behind him ready to squish him along t he boards while he just sidestepped him with the possession of the puck and drove to the net... it was forsberesque.

This kid has the potential to be the best forward on the team.
It's very clear that he worked his ass off all summer. Last season he was a bit weaker than he should have been and this year he's either as strong or stronger than all the opponents he faces. You know when there's a young player who has potential and everyone's saying "he just need to get stronger" or "he needs to put on 10 pounds of muscle"? Well he actually did that, and it was the best thing he could have done. He had everything else last year, speed, vision, hands, shot (could still use a bit more work though) and now he has the muscle to go along with it!

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:08 AM
  #83
Ceux de Montreal
help
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
Eller was giving glimpse of absolute domination yesterday. There was this one sequence where he was forechecking and had komisarek behind him ready to squish him along t he boards while he just sidestepped him with the possession of the puck and drove to the net... it was forsberesque.

This kid has the potential to be the best forward on the team.
I really like our forwards group going forward. IMO, it's only a matter of time until Habs start winning.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:09 AM
  #84
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
One of the few bright spots this year.

He played 17:00 min last night which was the 2nd highest ever for him in a regular season game. Not only did he handle it but you want him on the ice even more.

I don't know what his offensive ceiling is, it may not be much, but this guy has the tools to become an absolute beast. 5-on-5, the amount of puck battles he wins, the way he controls the breakout, controls the puck down low, can dish the puck. Just awesome. Finally we saw him get a little PK time last night. Can't wait to see how he does with that.

And I have no idea what makes Moen-Eller-AK click so well, but thank god they do. I guess it kinda makes sense. 3 big bodies. A grinder, a playmaker, a scorer. Moen-Eller are very good defensively, Eller-AK are very skilled puck handlers.

When Gomez comes back it may be time to think about Desharnais on the 4th line with PP time like last year. Keep this line together. Or Gomez on the 4th line, it doesn't matter to me.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:10 AM
  #85
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
He needs to work on his shot, he lacks a finishing ability right now, but he's emerging as a real second line centre in every other way right now.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:11 AM
  #86
Subnordi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

You sir are a genius

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:16 AM
  #87
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i dunno... im not one be negative all the time but regarding eller, i have this nagging feeling like he'll never break out offensively, like a 30-40 point guy max, third liner checking type. all the tools are there and he has great hockey IQ but....
but he plays for Montreal so it won't happen? Can't think of anything else that'll end that statement suggesting he won't do well offensively. He has the tools, he has the IQ, he has the work ethic, he has the size, he has the ability to do well defensively. Plekanec/Eller one two punch is inevitable.

Even if just for one shift I want to see:

Pacioretty-Eller-Kostitsyn

Second line we've been waiting for...size, speed, skill, grit.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:16 AM
  #88
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
He needs to work on his shot, he lacks a finishing ability right now, but he's emerging as a real second line centre in every other way right now.
The way he's been playing lately if he keeps it up he'll be our next Pacioretty, started off a bit slow at the NHL level but developing into a fine asset.

The way he plays... he could be the next S. Koivu... M. Koivu or even if we're lucky Sundin

I know these are massive projections and if he turns into any of these players production wise we'll be thrilled. But I really see him as panning out at this point. He's just way too talented to not be a solid player imo. Pacioretty lacked finish too, when you have size and tons of talent, speed, good stick handling, etc you can learn to finish. He's still young.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:17 AM
  #89
NLHabsFan
Registered User
 
NLHabsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
He needs to work on his shot, he lacks a finishing ability right now, but he's emerging as a real second line centre in every other way right now.
I find he has a decent wrist shot but doesn't use it enough. He is much more of a playmaker than a goal scorer, but I definitely think the potential is there. I hope he takes the time to focus on improving his shot and get more volume during games. Pacioretty used to have the same problems but he worked on it and improved it to the point that it's a weapon. Hopefully Eller takes the same initiative.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:17 AM
  #90
Subnordi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
I'm very excited for Eller as well, he's showed a lot of potential, and has really become a lot stronger on the puck. A huge improvement over last season. But still, we need to ease him in, keep him with Kostitsyn and Moen on the 3rd line, allow him to develop a few more years, like we did with Plekanec, he turned out all right didn't he?

Subnordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:20 AM
  #91
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Eller needs to round out his give and go game. He is good at keeping puck possession but if hes going to become a force offensively he needs to be a little more creative and not shoot at the goalies chest. He just needs to find a bit more touch. That pass to Moen last night was a dandy.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
  #92
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
The way he's been playing lately if he keeps it up he'll be our next Pacioretty, started off a bit slow at the NHL level but developing into a fine asset.

The way he plays... he could be the next S. Koivu... M. Koivu or even if we're lucky Sundin

I know these are massive projections and if he turns into any of these players production wise we'll be thrilled. But I really see him as panning out at this point. He's just way too talented to not be a solid player imo. Pacioretty lacked finish too, when you have size and tons of talent, speed, good stick handling, etc you can learn to finish. He's still young.
I think it comes with confidence in their shot. When Pacioretty started off, he never shot as much as he did this and last season. Eller barely averages one shot a game. Even Moen for example shoots more than Eller.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:27 AM
  #93
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:12 AM
  #94
Renholder
Racing like a pro
 
Renholder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
that youtube link is amazing.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:26 AM
  #95
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Get off the crapp about eller, don't see him and max pac lighting it up. it may happen and it may not, right now, overrated. Most people overrate hab players, we are at the
bottom looking upwards. A lot of teams have Eller and max like players who are playing
better and putting up points.
Please name these better Eller like players that every team has, I'm curious.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:42 AM
  #96
Mr Rogers
Registered User
 
Mr Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i dunno... im not one be negative all the time but regarding eller, i have this nagging feeling like he'll never break out offensively, like a 30-40 point guy max, third liner checking type. all the tools are there and he has great hockey IQ but....
That's exactly the same thing people said of Pacioretty when he wasn't putting up stats and look how that changed now. Eller has even more offensive potential than Pacioretty. I have no doubt in my mind he'll become a solid 2nd line center, its just a matter of confidence and experience


Last edited by Mr Rogers: 10-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:53 PM
  #97
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,905
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
but he plays for Montreal so it won't happen? Can't think of anything else that'll end that statement suggesting he won't do well offensively. He has the tools, he has the IQ, he has the work ethic, he has the size, he has the ability to do well defensively. Plekanec/Eller one two punch is inevitable.

Even if just for one shift I want to see:

Pacioretty-Eller-Kostitsyn

Second line we've been waiting for...size, speed, skill, grit.
what probably nags me about him, like someone mentioned, is his lack of finish. hopefully it'll come soon although he'll never have problem racking up the assists. regardless, im a huge fan and couldn't be happier that as of yesterday, seemed to have made gomez irrelevant

hey, in a year or two, this could be gauthier's best trade.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 07:02 PM
  #98
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,133
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Yup, Yup, Ya Know It.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 07:03 PM
  #99
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,308
vCash: 500
Countdown is over. More snipes please.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 07:07 PM
  #100
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
I see your lars eller and raise you a rene bourque.




Eller is my boy though. Only a select few of us saw it, but we've been repping him hard since day 1.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.