HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ROFL Aaron Palushaj sent down (post #135)

Old
10-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Palushaj played well enough to stay imo.
I don't agree. He was playing a role that he's not made for. He's a top-6 player or nothing, and playing him on the 4th line was a waste of his talent. If there's no room for him in the top-6 there's no reason for him to stay.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:41 PM
NewHabsEra*

It was about time.. I will make a prediction, Engqvist will never play in the NHL again.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:47 PM
WestIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Sure glad you're not anywhere near GM offices
Really? Tell me that when you see Kostitsyn and Gorges (who are both UFA) sign somewhere else this next summer.

Do you really think Montreal has enough money and cap space to sign Price, Subban, Kostitsyn and Gorges to extensions???

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:52 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
It was about time.. I will make a prediction, Engqvist will never play in the NHL again.
Let's all pray for that... (If you got Faith)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I don't agree. He was playing a role that he's not made for. He's a top-6 player or nothing, and playing him on the 4th line was a waste of his talent. If there's no room for him in the top-6 there's no reason for him to stay.
In the meantime, D'agostini...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Really? Tell me that when you see Kostitsyn and Gorges (who are both UFA) sign somewhere else this next summer.

Do you really think Montreal has enough money and cap space to sign Price, Subban, Kostitsyn and Gorges to extensions???
Yes considering that the Habs have 9 million dollars in cap space saved just from Gill, Spacek and Moen being UFAs. Kostitsyn and Gorges won't get paid more than what they are already being paid.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:07 PM
WestIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Yes considering that the Habs have 9 million dollars in cap space saved just from Gill, Spacek and Moen being UFAs. Kostitsyn and Gorges won't get paid more than what they are already being paid.
How can you say "Kostitsyn and Gorges won't get paid more than what they are already being paid."???

What happens if Gorges plays an important role on the top four this season and is a plus player and Kostitsyn scores 30 goals? You don't think teams will come knocking and offer Kostitsyn $5,000,000.00 a season? The guy is less than 26 years old and has not even reached his prime yet, which is 27 to 29 in the NHL.

Gorges on the other hand might stay at his salary, but not if he plays an important role on the team and is playing with Markov, see: Souray, Streit and Komisarek!!!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Andy

Quote:
How can you say "Kostitsyn and Gorges won't get paid more than what they are already being paid."???

What happens if Gorges plays an important role on the top four this season and is a plus player and Kostitsyn scores 30 goals? You don't think teams will come knocking and offer Kostitsyn $5,000,000.00 a season? The guy is less than 26 years old and has not even reached his prime yet, which is 27 to 29 in the NHL.

Gorges on the other hand might stay at his salary, but not if he plays an important role on the team and is playing with Markov, see: Souray, Streit and Komisarek!!!
I wouldn't want to give 5 million to Kostitsyn anyway. He's not worth that price.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
habitue*

Quote:

The very huge mistakes were re-signing Markov and his busted knee, and giving 4.5 for 4 years to Cole.

10 million bucks a year !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Aurel Joliat

Since day 1, I (and a lot of other members) say that the Habs need to keep Blunden and send down Palushaj and Engqvist. 1 month later, our staff finally do the move...

Last year we said that we need toughness, they finally make a move after the game agaisnt Boston (recall White + trade for Mara)

They are always late. They have no vision

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
neofury*

Quote:

We have $26,217,857 in projected cap space.

Are you telling my that:

Price 6,000,000$ per
PK 6,000,000$ per
Kostitsyn 4,000,000$ per
Gorges 3,500,000$ per

Does not fit into that? Heck we could still sign a big UFA after that or re-sign the likes of Gill, Moen, etc and that's if they all get the money above linked.

They may very well sign for less. You make it sound like keeping them inhibits us from signing these guys. It doesn't in the slightest. Gorges will likely re-sign.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:38 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
We have $26,217,857 in projected cap space.

Are you telling my that:

Price 6,000,000$ per
PK 6,000,000$ per
Kostitsyn 4,000,000$ per
Gorges 3,500,000$ per

Does not fit into that? Heck we could still sign a big UFA after that or re-sign the likes of Gill, Moen, etc and that's if they all get the money above linked.

They may very well sign for less. You make it sound like keeping them inhibits us from signing these guys. It doesn't in the slightest. Gorges will likely re-sign.
PK better wake up if he wanna make that kind of money.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:42 PM
gusfring

Blunden isn't a tough player. Not sure why people think he is.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Blunden isn't a tough player. Not sure why people think he is.
Because he's big I guess, and "Blunden" is a tough sounding name. He hits a lot, so it's something.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:54 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

The people that think travis moen is just a disposable cap hit. Wake the **** up. He was a big part of the ducks stanley cups run in 2007, and he's been one of our best players. He's leading the team in goals!! christ some people will never get it. If you want to win the cup you have to surround the team with gritty canadians.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:55 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
"Blunden" is a tough sounding name.
You beat me to it.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
The people that think travis moen is just a disposable cap hit. Wake the **** up. He was a big part of the ducks stanley cups run in 2007, and he's been one of our best players. He's leading the team in goals!! christ some people will never get it. If you want to win the cup you have to surround the team with gritty canadians.
Do you think he will be leading in goals by the end of the season? I think not.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:58 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Do you think he will be leading in goals by the end of the season? I think not.
I hope not. If it's the case, we're in deep ****.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I hope not. If it's the case, we're in deep ****.
My point

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:00 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
I don't understand the Moen hate here. He is what he is, a good third liner who is good defensively as well. He is payed fairly as well.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:06 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

blunden up, some of you are getting your wish

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:13 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I wouldn't want to give 5 million to Kostitsyn anyway. He's not worth that price.
But Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez and Cole are all worth what we are paying them. Your bias is showing through

HCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
But Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez and Cole are all worth what we are paying them. Your bias is showing through
What bias. I didn't even mention any of those players in my post.

They are all overpaid...but they got their market value. I've also already admitted several times that Cole and Gomez are overpaid, there is no bias there. We have enough wingers getting paid 5 million, I don;t think Kostitsyn is worth anything close to that and if he;s offered that I'd rather he be let go.

As for Cammalleri, he's deserved what he got. He scored 39 goals and PPG in his UFA year. It also wasn;t the first time in his career he put up a ppg avg and 30+ goals. Kostitsyn hasn't done any of that. He hasn;t done anything to deserve 5 million dollars. I'd give him 4, anything above that I'd let him go.

Old
10-23-2011, 02:33 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
bout ****in time.

couldnt take another second of engvist and palushaj

couldnt understand why they kept being given preseason games and first call ups n such

blunden and dumont showed way more positives and energy with the scarce time they were given.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I'm surprised Engqvist ever played in the NHL at all, frankly.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:24 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
PK better wake up if he wanna make that kind of money.
Agreed but I was just playing out the worst case scenario. He makes it sound like the sky is falling

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote