HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

J.M: "Price has to do more"

Old
10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
AraGOHABSGO

vCash: 500
J.M: "Price has to do more"

"Carey est dans le bateau au même titre que tous les autres joueurs. Il doit offrir un meilleur rendement, tout comme les autres joueurs de l'équipe", a simplement commenté Martin.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/328776.html

Basically he says that Price has to do more like the rest of the players. They are in the same boat...

Now, I just want to kill that guy... Saying that THE ONLY GUY THAT WAS ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING has to do more...

OMG!!!!... I hope he includes himself in that list, because he is a much bigger problem than Price right now!!!

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Well of course he has to be better, but he's the least of our problems right now.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:26 PM
habsjunkie2*

English please????? This might be my last straw with JM. Throwing the number one guy under the bus. Screw off Martin. You're using Carey Price in attempt to save face, you can't even put 5 freaking guys on the ice.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Habs

Blame everyone Jaques, but remember where it all starts.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
English please????? This might be my last straw with JM. Throwing the number one guy under the bus. Screw off Martin. You're using Carey Price in attempt to save face, you can't even put 5 freaking guys on the ice.
I coudn't find the article in english, but let me see if google translate does a good job:

http://translate.google.com/translat...6.html&act=url

Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
"Carey est dans le bateau au même titre que tous les autres joueurs. Il doit offrir un meilleur rendement, tout comme les autres joueurs de l'équipe", a simplement commenté Martin.

Basically he says that Price has to do more like the rest of the players. They are in the same boat...

Now, I just want to kill that guy... Saying that THE ONLY GUY THAT WAS ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING has to do more...

OMG!!!!... I hope he includes himself in that list, because he is a much bigger problem than Price right now!!!
Martin is right... What's the problem?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

How about as a coach he has to do more?

No more Darche on the PP or 5-3 opportunities!

Sure Price needs to step up his game, we know he can do more, but JM is so out of tune with the NHL game it doesn't surprise me that we are where we are right now. His line juggling and decisions are a major factor on why we are how we are right now.

His biggest mistake, too many were left in training camp too long, our team hardly played together as a full unit to allow unity and gelling, JM dropped the ball before game 1.

I am interested to see if JM can right this with good coaching and if PG has the balls to either make a change at coach or make a major move on the ice.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Price is the least of Habs problems, Martin should work on how to solve our defensive zone coverage and awful play on the PP, rather than talk about Carey, he had one bad game against the Avs, other than that he was OK, you can't expect for him to stand on his head every single game.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:29 PM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Martin is right... What's the problem?
The problem is HE is costing us more game than Price is...

What is it 4 or 5 too many men penalties in 7 games?
And the problem is also that, we scored 1 goal or less in 4 of the 7 games...

And plus, even if he has doing bad, you dont say that... He is the MVP of the team.

Old
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
The problem is HE is costing us more game than Price is...

What is it 4 or 5 too many men penalties in 7 games?
And the problem is also that, we scored 1 goal or less in 4 of the 7 games...

And plus, even if he has doing bad, you dont say that... He is the MVP of the team.
RDS chose to single out Price on their article while Martin is talking about the whole team. Price has been sub-par on some goals and he needs to work on that, as much and the other players have to focus on other problems.

Also Martin isn't responsible for the players going on the ice. They have to be aware of who's coming off the ice and at what moment. This team lacks focus at the moment.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM
LeMAD

Everyone blames Martin but no one can explain why with decent arguments.

"...but he plays Darche on the PP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Price is the least of Habs problems, Martin should work on how to solve our defensive zone coverage and awful play on the PP, rather than talk about Carey, he had one bad game against the Avs, other than that he was OK, you can't expect for him to stand on his head every single game.
The game is played on the ice. Martin cannot do anything about players panicking and making mistakes.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Monsieur

I feel he's gonna blame his players more and more if that slide keeps going and his team is gonna give up on him pretty soon.

edit: if he didn't already.

Monsieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:37 PM
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
RDS chose to single out Price on their article while Martin is talking about the whole team. Price has been sub-par on some goals and he needs to work on that, as much and the other players have to focus on other problems.

Also Martin isn't responsible for the players going on the ice. They have to be aware of who's coming off the ice and at what moment. This team lacks focus at the moment.
So what you are saying is that, if the team wins it is because we are sticking to the system, but when we loose, its the players fault?

So following your logic, I say its the team's fault for not scoring more goals. If they had scored 6 goals, they would have won. So Price is not to blame, but the forwards, because Price can't go score goals.

Also, it is JM job to find a way for the PP to work. IT is JM job to find a good defensif zone coverage system, which he doesnt.

Old
10-23-2011, 06:38 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
I coudn't find the article in english, but let me see if google translate does a good job:

http://translate.google.com/translat...6.html&act=url
Not nearly as damning as you made it sound, I don't have a problem with what he said.

Old
AraGOHABSGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

The game is played on the ice. Martin cannot do anything about players panicking and making mistakes.

How about, make the PP better? Make the D-Zone Coverage system better? How about not taking 4-5 too many men penalties in 7 games?

Old
OneSharpMarble

JM throwing the guy who is basically the only reason JM has a job under the bus. THis is priceless, start packing your **** JM you clown.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
HCH

Quote:
If he wasn't constantly juggling lines maybe they would know who is supposed to be out there.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
HabsIn7

I'd have a hard time believing any goalie would look good right now with our patchwork defense. I have not watched every game but from what I've seen Price has been decent, not all star good but certainly not terrible. What has been terrible in the games I've seen has been the power play and the defensive zone coverage.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
HabsIn7

Quote:

How dare you question Martin... Did you do your research?

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

I outlined exactly why in the Fire Martin thread. Ohashi even re-quoted it later on.

Martin's comments to the media, his reaction to the post-game interviews, the poor start. Classic signs of a coach losing the room.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
HCH

Quote:

Well, for starters he could keep Gill off the ice during OT. The guy's skill set (what's left of it) simply isn't suited to 4 on 4 play. With Gill out there it's like he is hoping the game goes to a shootout because the chances of us scoring with him on the ice are next to nil.

That is just one example. So don't say no one can come up with a decent argument because there have been lots of examples posted

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:

I don't disagree for the most part, but yesterdays performance was one of the most disorganized games from a coaching perspective I've seen in quite some time. The players made mistakes, but the overall sloppiness in that first period was atrocious from a organization standpoint. I think it's the first game where Martin may have played a role in the loss though.

I still can't imagine why he had wingers taking FO's and no centermen during the pp, but whatever. Who wants puck possession in the offensive zone.

Old
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Panicking? They are caught out of position very often, that has nothing to do with panic, they aren't focused on the game at hand. I've said it before, you don't need to be a bad coach to have your team playing bad, maybe the players are tired of him and his coaching methods, I've saw it happen numerus times before, infact I was a part of a similar situation in the sport I've played.

I'm not saying that Martin is the sole man responsible for what's happening, but he does have a certain level of accountability for the way they're playing.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
OneSharpMarble

"Price has to do more"

How long before Darche is in net?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 06:51 PM
LeHab

Not very surprising. For the past +decade Habs relied on goalies to stand on their heads to achieve any success. Situation is not any different at the moment.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote