HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game # 7 New York LowLanders s vs Panthers October 22, 2011

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2011, 01:31 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
How is that defined, can two goalies get win or goalie who was playing when game winner was scored or goalie who played most of the game?
Anyways, i think it would be a big mistake to send Markstrom back to San Antonio. They should send Clemmensen there for conditioning first and then see how it goes. Hopefully it's not fiscal reasons, to save some money and send Markstrom there.

JOL
This.

I agree - Markstrom is making it a tough decision.

He's still young though. Lets see how he does after two or three more starts before we get too excited about his near term prospects.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:35 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
That wasn't really a coaching move; Theodore was injured.

I think this is a reach. Pretty sure DeBoer would've taken the starter out if he knew he was injured.

If anything, DeBoer had a very quick hook with his goalies, anyway.
If he was injured, then I agree. The timing seems a bit odd though.

DeBoer pulled his goalies after a goal, but never (as far as I remember) between periods for a spark.

Old
10-23-2011, 01:46 AM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
If he was injured, then I agree. The timing seems a bit odd though.

DeBoer pulled his goalies after a goal, but never (as far as I remember) between periods for a spark.
Well, it could be untrue (although I'm not sure why he'd lie), but Dineen said he took Theo out for precautionary reasons.

Old
10-23-2011, 04:22 AM
UKPanther
@GJenSports

So, so pleased to hear that Markstrom and Matthias had good games. Time for the prospects to start taking over the asylum!!

Old
10-23-2011, 06:25 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Nice win, Nice Markie and Matty.

I wanna see Matthias-Skille on the same line

Old
10-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Nice to see some 5 on 5 goals being scored. Something that we seemed to be lacking in the last few games.

Markstrom was awesome when he came on. I really want to see him getting more time in the NHL this year rather than going down to the AHL. Clemmensen might be missing out when he returns as Jose is also doing a good job.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:37 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Wonder if the fans in the crowd know that Booth's been traded???
Yeah we knew. They put it up on the big screen. A lot of "We traded Booth!?". Hope they send Carter and Kearns down to make room for the new guys.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:38 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
Yes and it was hilarious
The entire arena laughed at him.

(In response to Carter eating ice untouched).

Old
10-23-2011, 09:43 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
Watching Markstrom in net reminds me of the days when we had Luongo in net. I just feel so confident with him back there.
It was awesome to see in person. This kid is going to be a star. What happens when Clemmensen comes back? I think Marky deserves to stay but if he's not going to start then it may be bad for his development to sit on the bench most of the time.

Old
10-23-2011, 11:13 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Markstrom and his 18 saves were amazing. The grabner breakaway gives me confidence in shoot outs.

Old
10-23-2011, 11:15 AM
RainingRats

Matthias had a great game coming back from the flu/illness he had. No reason he can't perform like that on a regular basis. He needs to play with more skilled players. Upshall should get moved to the fourth for his uninspiring play.

Old
10-23-2011, 11:41 AM
blackpanthers

Since nobody has mentioned it I really like the team gathering at center ice after wins and saluting the fans. When they did it after beating Tampa I thought it might have been because it was the home opener but they did it again last night. I personally think it is really classy

Old
10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpanthers View Post
Since nobody has mentioned it I really like the team gathering at center ice after wins and saluting the fans. When they did it after beating Tampa I thought it might have been because it was the home opener but they did it again last night. I personally think it is really classy
I really like that too. I have no problem stealing from other teams... in this case from the NYR.

That's why I think the Panthers should play the "Ole" song every time they score a goal against the Habs on home ice.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:37 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
I really like that too. I have no problem stealing from other teams... in this case from the NYR.

That's why I think the Panthers should play the "Ole" song every time they score a goal against the Habs on home ice.

Yes its from the Rags and like you I have no prob and love it!!

Since the Habs stole it from eurpoean soccer fans, happy stealing there too!!!

Old
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

Didn't the Rangers steal it from a Euro team(s)? I thought they started it when they had a bunch of Czech players. I might be wrong.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:53 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Didn't the Rangers steal it from a Euro team(s)? I thought they started it when they had a bunch of Czech players. I might be wrong.
They started the tradition upon returning from the NHL strike, showing appreciation from their fans.

See next post.

Last edited by adam graves: 10-23-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old
10-23-2011, 01:11 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

From Wikipedia......

After every Rangers home win, the team gathers at center ice and raise their sticks in the air to salute the Rangers supporters. The salute (the idea of defenseman Darius Kasparaitis) began in the early part of the 2005–06 season, and has proved extremely popular with both the players and fans alike. Specifically, after the Rangers defeated the Washington Capitals in the longest shootout game in its short history in the NHL (thanks to the circus-like goal by Marek Malík), the team gathered at center ice to salute their fans.
The salute to the fans is typically done only after home victories. However, after the Rangers fell to the rival New Jersey Devils in a four-game sweep in the first round of the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the fans' cheers at the conclusion of an otherwise outstanding breakout season caused the players to stay on the ice after the loss and give the fans one final salute for the year. The Rangers also did the salute at the conclusion of the second round of the 2007 playoffs after losing Game 6, and the series, to the Buffalo Sabres. The New York Islanders later copied the "salute to the fans" after each home game victory, the minor difference being at the blue line rather than center ice.
Though not very popular in the National Hockey League, this tradition is common in European ice hockey, and in amateur hockey in North America. It may have been introduced to American hockey by Mike Schafer in 1995–96, his first season as head coach of the Cornell Big Red men's ice hockey team

Old
10-23-2011, 06:46 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:

I'm a big fan of the salute at Center Ice too. Nice to see the fans get some recognition once in awhile.

I love that idea when we score against the Habs to rub it in their faces. That's great

Closed Thread