HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

J.M: "Price has to do more"

Old
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Aceekay

vCash: 500
Martin is being a **** disturber, throwing both price and cole under the bus what a *****

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
TheWhiteIdea

Just more evidence this guy is worthless as a coach here anymore. FIRE HIM!!!

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Yesterday it was Cole, today it's Price, who's next?

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
One Trick Pony

I didn't read the article but I assume that RDS just decided to put Price in the title for drama because their idiots, when JM probably talked about the whole team?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:19 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
He mentioned Price, but also refered to the entire team. Has the JM hate truely blinded people from reading quotations in context? Has it blinded people from the fact that these two have been underpreforming so far? Both of the playes you mention are good players who should be playing better according to their OWN standards, so why is it an issue if the coach mentions it? These are grown men, not children, they should be able to take a bit of criticism, especially at the NHL level. This isn't a case of anyone being thrown under the bus. People are complaining about JMs approach to coaching and his inability to motivate and get the most out of his players, and they are now complaining when he is trying to remedy that by lighting a fire under their ass. Give me a break, it's hypocritical of these posters to do this.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:19 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Probably Andrei Kostitsyn.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM
habfaninvictoria

Well I had wondered if JM had lost the room... I now have my answer.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Well I had wondered if JM had lost the room... I now have my answer.
No you don't have it.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

JM's starting to pull out the quotable quotes since 2 days. Who said this guy was boring?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:30 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
He mentioned Price, but also refered to the entire team. Has the JM hate truely blinded people from reading quotations in context? Has it blinded people to the fact that these two have been underpreforming so far? Both of the playes you mention are good players who should be playing better according to their OWN standards, so why is it an issue if the coach mentions it? These are grown men, not children, they should be able to take a bit of criticism, especially at the NHL level. This isn't a case of anyone being thrown under the bus. People are complaining about JMs approach to coaching and his inability to motivate and get the most out of his players, and they are now complaining when he is trying to remedy that by lighting a fire under their ass. Give me a break, it's hypocritical of these posters to do this.
It is one part hate for arrogance of JM. He is I hate him. And I hate he is right on this. And it is one part fans have it that Price, PK and Gill etc can't do no wrong but the "defence" is awful

But funny thing is PK is a -6 and Gill is a -1. Yes they are at the bottom.
And Price Save % is worse then most backup goalies.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
No you don't have it.
How can you ignore the things Martin has said. Players hear what the coach says about them and he's just thrown to players under the bus: our star player and the new free agent who was supposed to fill gaps. Im pretty sure when price and cole hear what martin has said about them, it's pretty obvious they are not going to be happy.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:44 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
How can you ignore the things Martin has said. Players hear what the coach says about them and he's just thrown to players under the bus: our star player and the new free agent who was supposed to fill gaps. Im pretty sure when price and cole hear what martin has said about them, it's pretty obvious they are not going to be happy.
Until you get a proof of what you just said, you don't go what goes through the players' minds. They may react just the opposite of what you think. From what I read Martin didn't single out any player directly. Journalists ask questions about X and Y player and Martin replies. I'm sure a journalist asked Martin what he thought about Price's performance and replied with the quote in the title while adding that all of the team has to do more too. Don't tell me he's wrong on that.

Yes the coach has to be accountable for some things but in the end the game is played on the ice and the players have to respond.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:46 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Give me a break. JM didn't throw anyone under the bus, do you even know what that means? In the context of sports, throwing someone under the bus is when you blame and individual for a specific team failure. He didn't blame them for anything in particular, he just said they needed to play better, like the rest of the team.

As far as them not being happy (Cole, Price and the rest of the team), thats the whole point. JM knows this and hopes that it motivates them to prove him wrong. These guys aren't children, they can take the criticism and turn it into motivation. And if they can't, then there is something wrong with their attitudes. Nothing wrong with what he said IMO, it is a stategy used by good coaches all the time.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Faute

1) Had Martin answered "Carey is playing very well for us", people would have said Martin's completely lost and has no clue what's going on. How can a goalie with a .878 save percentage be good? Oh, he also lost the room and screw him for playing Desharnais. Midget.

2) Had Martin refused to answer this "trick" question, people would have said he's an angry man who's completely lost it and doesn't face the media, thus doesn't take accountability for the poor start to this season. Moreover, he's lost the room, and why is he playing Diaz on OT? And Gill? And Subban?

Faute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
I didn't read the article but I assume that RDS just decided to put Price in the title for drama because their idiots, when JM probably talked about the whole team?
You're exactly right on the money and you didn't even have to read the article. The idiotic media are just as predictable as the bipolar fanbase of this team.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:03 PM
number72

[QUOTE=Faute;38381375]1) Had Martin answered "Carey is playing very well for us", people would have said Martin's completely lost and has no clue what's going on. How can a goalie with a .878 save percentage be good? Oh, he also lost the room and screw him for playing Desharnais. Midget.

People only use stats when it fits their bias. Else they develop creative explanations and scenarios to describe why stats are not reflective or fit their view of reality.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsIn7 View Post
No one is free from blame so far this year but you cant argue that our current d is AHL level right now. They were so lost in their own end last night it was crazy. We are the easiest team in the league to play against right now from the games I've witnessed. No one pays the price in front of the net. Players are allowed to walk into our zone uncontested. Right now when the d is struggling who steps up takes the reins and calms things down?
I wouldn't fully agree with that. Our worse dmen have been Subban, Gorges and Gill imo. They will bounce back I'm sure. Our D corp really isn't that bad.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:19 PM
holyhabs87

Jock is right. Price does have to better and he will be.

I just hope Martin gets better....something I am not as confident in. He acted like a rookie in the last press conference, melting under the pressure. His "do your research" comment was weak, he blamed Cole for a penalty which I didn't like either and I just hope that in placing all this blame, he realizes he is also at fault....something I doubt.

He is a very stubborn man and takes him a bit longer than most make proper adjustments and I fear if the losing streak continues we might be doomed and miss the playoffs.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Didn't sound to me like he was throwing anyone under the bus. He's saying the whole team has to play better and went so far as to say that they're all in the same boat. That's not throwing a guy under the bus.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:24 PM
peate
Good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
JM's starting to pull out the quotable quotes since 2 days. Who said this guy was boring?
OMG your avatar made me LOL. Great stuff.

peate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
smon

Price is in the same boat as of the rest of the team and has to play better.

OMG!

Seriously, criticize Martin if you must for his coaching decisions, but that is hardly a firing offense. It's just the truth. No one could say Price is the problem, but we're coming off a game where the other team scored 5 goals, so he's not exactly stealing games either.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

All this uproar for this simple comment? He's right Carey is part of the team. If the team lose then it's everybody that didn't play good enough.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Price needs to have a shutout every game for JMs ****ing stupid system to work. Carey can't score goals.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Stradale

Price has to do more.. to save his ass.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:17 PM
LesCanadiens

Coach gets lambasted for stating his #1 goalie should start playing like one. Only on the Habs board, where reality takes a back seat and it's the coaches fault that the #1 goalie looks like a rookie.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote