HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Roy - GM or Coach?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-15-2011, 12:30 AM
  #126
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 500
Stephan Lebeau will be the next coach

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:01 AM
  #127
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,868
vCash: 50
People are going way overboard with this 'too emotional' thing. If there's a place where being too emotional is not productive, that's in junior hockey.

Sure, he isn't like Martin, but he is not the monster you think he is.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:11 PM
  #128
old scotia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
I think Patrick Roy will be back with the habs because Geoff Molson made it a point to retire his number and nailed the point again when MTL had their anniversary and Roy was brought back again and stole the ceremony. Remember that habs fans?

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 05:23 PM
  #129
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Patrick Roy would fit in with this teams management style and approach very much in the same way as Dennis Rodman would

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:10 AM
  #130
old scotia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
I didn't want to create a new post when I had this one started. With the situation now as of October 23rd...
Would you want Patrick Roy to take over as coach or GM?

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:14 AM
  #131
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
I didn't want to create a new post when I had this one started. With the situation now as of October 23rd...
Would you want Patrick Roy to take over as coach or GM?
Manager of the parking garage or coach of the bar in the restaurant.
His schtick with the youth in the "Q" or the "A" would fly, not sold that it would with the pros. there's a chance that he would be today's Mario Tremblay to a star of today.
No Thanks!!!

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:14 AM
  #132
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Neither.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:19 AM
  #133
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,533
vCash: 500
Goalie coach at first and maybe head coach later on. I don't trust him very much as GM. But how was his system in the Q, an upbeat, speed-base system? If it can make a better use of speed than JM does then I can trust Roy more behind the bench than I would JM.

What about we let Hal Gill run the PK?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:46 AM
  #134
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Roy as GM and head coach...

Add Carbo, Eric Desjardins and Muller as assistants.

But that's gona happen next season.


Last edited by habitue*: 10-23-2011 at 11:54 AM.
habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:46 AM
  #135
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,519
vCash: 500
Interim co-coach with someone else like Cunneyworth. He does not get this team as his own unless he earns it.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:20 PM
  #136
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,352
vCash: 500
half of the habs fanbase doesnt deserve a winner like Patrick Roy , they much prefer classy polite losers.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:29 PM
  #137
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
half of the habs fanbase doesnt deserve a winner like Patrick Roy , they much prefer classy polite losers.
LOL that's a good point....

I'd really like to see Roy with the habs organization. The man is slightly more mature than he was in the past and he's done an outstanding work with the Remparts. At least we would bring some life to this lifeless team. If I were the owner, I wouldn't care much about the fact that he doesn't hold his tongue. That would only draw more attention and more hype arround my team.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
  #138
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
LOL that's a good point....

I'd really like to see Roy with the habs organization. The man is slightly more mature than he was in the past and he's done an outstanding work with the Remparts. At least we would bring some life to this lifeless team. If I were the owner, I wouldn't care much about the fact that he doesn't hold his tongue. That would only draw more attention and more hype arround my team.
The guy eat and sleep HOCKEY. He probably knows very well what's happening in the NHL right now.

Passion and ultimate competitiveness are built in him.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:42 PM
  #139
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,868
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Goalie coach at first and maybe head coach later on. I don't trust him very much as GM. But how was his system in the Q, an upbeat, speed-base system? If it can make a better use of speed than JM does then I can trust Roy more behind the bench than I would JM.

What about we let Hal Gill run the PK?
Roy has never been a goalie coach, he tried last season and it's evident he didn't like it as he brought in a new goalie coach in Quebec.

He is taking care of the offense and the PP in Quebec.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:42 PM
  #140
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,763
vCash: 500
This always seems to come up for some reason and I have no idea why.

Patrick Roy would be poison for us. He's a drama queen and there would be nightly locker room showdowns with this guy. It would all probably culminate with Price telling Roy where to shove his ego and us loosing him for a bag of toys just like we did with Roy...

No thanks.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:45 PM
  #141
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 500
Roy is an overated coach as a GM i wouldnt mind but he's not ready to be an nhl head coach

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:46 PM
  #142
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
This always seems to come up for some reason and I have no idea why.

Patrick Roy would be poison for us. He's a drama queen and there would be nightly locker room showdowns with this guy. It would all probably culminate with Price telling Roy where to shove his ego and us loosing him for a bag of toys just like we did with Roy...

No thanks.
That's a lot of baseless assumptions there.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:49 PM
  #143
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
This always seems to come up for some reason and I have no idea why.

Patrick Roy would be poison for us. He's a drama queen and there would be nightly locker room showdowns with this guy. It would all probably culminate with Price telling Roy where to shove his ego and us loosing him for a bag of toys just like we did with Roy...

No thanks.
I doubt he would treat Price anything other than a king. He knows better than anyone, your goalie is your ticket to winning.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM
  #144
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I doubt he would treat Price anything other than a king. He knows better than anyone, your goalie is your ticket to winning.
Right on.

Roy would be the ideal headcoach for Price.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
  #145
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,041
vCash: 200
neither.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:57 PM
  #146
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Roy has never been a goalie coach, he tried last season and it's evident he didn't like it as he brought in a new goalie coach in Quebec.

He is taking care of the offense and the PP in Quebec.
Hopefully he will better run the offense and PP than JM does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
This always seems to come up for some reason and I have no idea why.

Patrick Roy would be poison for us. He's a drama queen and there would be nightly locker room showdowns with this guy. It would all probably culminate with Price telling Roy where to shove his ego and us loosing him for a bag of toys just like we did with Roy...

No thanks.
The only way he could actually be in a locker room showdown is if one or more players slacked on the ice. Only Price and Budaj will likely be spared that treatment because Roy knows very well how important a goalie is to a team.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:23 PM
  #147
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
half of the habs fanbase doesnt deserve a winner like Patrick Roy , they much prefer classy polite losers.
hahahahha So right

I think I would rather have Roy as coach. He is in junior since 6 years and I don't know if he knows the current NHL players very well

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:42 PM
  #148
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,352
vCash: 500
I predict Roy wins the cup within the first 5 years of his NHl coaching career , no matter which team he's coaching.

The real question is why would Roy comes behind the bench of such a bad team? I mean take out your ****ing bleublancrouge-colored-glasses and look at this roster objectively , this is not a good team at all , and those bleublancrouge-colored-glasses-wearers over-rate our prospect pool like we had crosby-malkin waiting a call in the minors.This team doesnt smell like a team that will start winning in the next 2 years.

Of course , I'm glad we have Price , Subban , Pacioretty , but even the caliber of a young player like Pacioretty is something 90% of NHL teams have.Subban will likely turn into a number 1 soon enough , that's great , but lots of team have number ones , we need more depth , not ****ing plug or old legs as number 2 and 3.

The real problem and finger pointing must be directed at Gainey's panic attack when the team he patiently , cautiously , silently , quietly , gaineyly built during 5 long quiet years ( which was a good team that the circumstances didnt advantage ) collapsed completely and he signed what was available in the market for wayyyy to many years.That's a rookie GM mistake , sometimes all your core is getting too old , and you must depart with them , but then what's available require you to lock it as your core for 4-6 years but is not good enough to make you a true contender , and you still go for it instead of sacrifying 1 or 2 seasons instead of 4 or 5.

You all still remember my borderline psychopathic hate for Cammalleri , which was almost a running gag wave I enjoyed surfing on , but the truth is , Cammalleri scored 26 and 19 goals seasons for us , had some great playoffs , but is still a big dissapointment.Gionta is not a true captain , he's as good a Assistant as anybody else , but this is not the guy you want as your leadership go-to-guy at all , and Gomez was such a bad move you expected it to work , but nature is indifferent to prayers and false hope , and Gomez sucks.

Hiring Martin was a decision that made me puke before it even happened , I always hated this coach with a passion , a passion i didnt know could get stronger until he was coaching my own team.Not only hockey has been unwatchable since Carbo left , hes making a hardcore fan like me not caring to miss a couple of games.I compare Martin to a very tight poker player , he will finish in the money often in tournaments , but he'll never win one , because he doesnt have the balls require to do so.

this team is making me sad and I want some no guts no glory mentality , and Roy would bring this.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:45 PM
  #149
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
I predict Roy wins the cup within the first 5 years of his NHl coaching career , no matter which team he's coaching.

The real question is why would Roy comes behind the bench of such a bad team? I mean take out your ****ing bleublancrouge-colored-glasses and look at this roster objectively , this is not a good team at all , and those bleublancrouge-colored-glasses-wearers over-rate our prospect pool like we had crosby-malkin waiting a call in the minors.This team doesnt smell like a team that will start winning in the next 2 years.

Of course , I'm glad we have Price , Subban , Pacioretty , but even the caliber of a young player like Pacioretty is something 90% of NHL teams have.Subban will likely turn into a number 1 soon enough , that's great , but lots of team have number ones , we need more depth , not ****ing plug or old legs as number 2 and 3.

The real problem and finger pointing must be directed at Gainey's panic attack when the team he patiently , cautiously , silently , quietly , gaineyly built during 5 long quiet years ( which was a good team that the circumstances didnt advantage ) collapsed completely and he signed what was available in the market for wayyyy to many years.That's a rookie GM mistake , sometimes all your core is getting too old , and you must depart with them , but then what's available require you to lock it as your core for 4-6 years but is not good enough to make you a true contender , and you still go for it instead of sacrifying 1 or 2 seasons instead of 4 or 5.

You all still remember my borderline psychopathic hate for Cammalleri , which was almost a running gag wave I enjoyed surfing on , but the truth is , Cammalleri scored 26 and 19 goals seasons for us , had some great playoffs , but is still a big dissapointment.Gionta is not a true captain , he's as good a Assistant as anybody else , but this is not the guy you want as your leadership go-to-guy at all , and Gomez was such a bad move you expected it to work , but nature is indifferent to prayers and false hope , and Gomez sucks.

Hiring Martin was a decision that made me puke before it even happened , I always hated this coach with a passion , a passion i didnt know could get stronger until he was coaching my own team.Not only hockey has been unwatchable since Carbo left , hes making a hardcore fan like me not caring to miss a couple of games.I compare Martin to a very tight poker player , he will finish in the money often in tournaments , but he'll never win one , because he doesnt have the balls require to do so.

this team is making me sad and I want some no guts no glory mentality , and Roy would bring this.
Martin should send % of his paycheck to Halak, Gill, Gorges and Cammy for the Series he won two years ago. I guess that is why they re-signed Gill for another season.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:55 PM
  #150
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
That's a lot of baseless assumptions there.
There most certainly is basis to question his ability to keep his cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I doubt he would treat Price anything other than a king. He knows better than anyone, your goalie is your ticket to winning.
Maybe.

Or maybe he'd get pissed off with him one day and throw him under the bus... You just never know with that guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
The only way he could actually be in a locker room showdown is if one or more players slacked on the ice. Only Price and Budaj will likely be spared that treatment because Roy knows very well how important a goalie is to a team.
Why have a showdown at all? We don't need the drama. If a player is slacking have the coach handle it or trade him. Sorry, but I see Roy as being just about the worst coach/GM that we could ask for in Montreal.

He was a great goalie for us and I love the guy, but not as coach or GM.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.