HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Roy - GM or Coach?

Old
05-15-2011, 12:30 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Stephan Lebeau will be the next coach

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 03:01 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
People are going way overboard with this 'too emotional' thing. If there's a place where being too emotional is not productive, that's in junior hockey.

Sure, he isn't like Martin, but he is not the monster you think he is.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 01:11 PM
old scotia

I think Patrick Roy will be back with the habs because Geoff Molson made it a point to retire his number and nailed the point again when MTL had their anniversary and Roy was brought back again and stole the ceremony. Remember that habs fans?

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 05:23 PM
AntonCH

Patrick Roy would fit in with this teams management style and approach very much in the same way as Dennis Rodman would

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:10 AM
old scotia

I didn't want to create a new post when I had this one started. With the situation now as of October 23rd...
Would you want Patrick Roy to take over as coach or GM?

old scotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:14 AM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by old scotia View Post
I didn't want to create a new post when I had this one started. With the situation now as of October 23rd...
Would you want Patrick Roy to take over as coach or GM?
Manager of the parking garage or coach of the bar in the restaurant.
His schtick with the youth in the "Q" or the "A" would fly, not sold that it would with the pros. there's a chance that he would be today's Mario Tremblay to a star of today.
No Thanks!!!

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:14 AM
guest1467

Neither.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Goalie coach at first and maybe head coach later on. I don't trust him very much as GM. But how was his system in the Q, an upbeat, speed-base system? If it can make a better use of speed than JM does then I can trust Roy more behind the bench than I would JM.

What about we let Hal Gill run the PK?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:46 AM
habitue*

Roy as GM and head coach...

Add Carbo, Eric Desjardins and Muller as assistants.

But that's gona happen next season.

Last edited by habitue*: 10-23-2011 at 11:54 AM.
habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:46 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Interim co-coach with someone else like Cunneyworth. He does not get this team as his own unless he earns it.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:20 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

half of the habs fanbase doesnt deserve a winner like Patrick Roy , they much prefer classy polite losers.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:29 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
half of the habs fanbase doesnt deserve a winner like Patrick Roy , they much prefer classy polite losers.
LOL that's a good point....

I'd really like to see Roy with the habs organization. The man is slightly more mature than he was in the past and he's done an outstanding work with the Remparts. At least we would bring some life to this lifeless team. If I were the owner, I wouldn't care much about the fact that he doesn't hold his tongue. That would only draw more attention and more hype arround my team.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
LOL that's a good point....

I'd really like to see Roy with the habs organization. The man is slightly more mature than he was in the past and he's done an outstanding work with the Remparts. At least we would bring some life to this lifeless team. If I were the owner, I wouldn't care much about the fact that he doesn't hold his tongue. That would only draw more attention and more hype arround my team.
The guy eat and sleep HOCKEY. He probably knows very well what's happening in the NHL right now.

Passion and ultimate competitiveness are built in him.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:42 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Goalie coach at first and maybe head coach later on. I don't trust him very much as GM. But how was his system in the Q, an upbeat, speed-base system? If it can make a better use of speed than JM does then I can trust Roy more behind the bench than I would JM.

What about we let Hal Gill run the PK?
Roy has never been a goalie coach, he tried last season and it's evident he didn't like it as he brought in a new goalie coach in Quebec.

He is taking care of the offense and the PP in Quebec.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Lafleurs Guy

This always seems to come up for some reason and I have no idea why.

Patrick Roy would be poison for us. He's a drama queen and there would be nightly locker room showdowns with this guy. It would all probably culminate with Price telling Roy where to shove his ego and us loosing him for a bag of toys just like we did with Roy...

No thanks.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:45 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Roy is an overated coach as a GM i wouldnt mind but he's not ready to be an nhl head coach

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:46 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Patrick Roy would be poison for us. He's a drama queen and there would be nightly locker room showdowns with this guy. It would all probably culminate with Price telling Roy where to shove his ego and us loosing him for a bag of toys just like we did with Roy...

No thanks.
That's a lot of baseless assumptions there.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:49 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:

No thanks.
I doubt he would treat Price anything other than a king. He knows better than anyone, your goalie is your ticket to winning.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:50 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I doubt he would treat Price anything other than a king. He knows better than anyone, your goalie is your ticket to winning.
Right on.

Roy would be the ideal headcoach for Price.

Old
10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 200
neither.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Roy has never been a goalie coach, he tried last season and it's evident he didn't like it as he brought in a new goalie coach in Quebec.

He is taking care of the offense and the PP in Quebec.
Hopefully he will better run the offense and PP than JM does.

Quote:

No thanks.
The only way he could actually be in a locker room showdown is if one or more players slacked on the ice. Only Price and Budaj will likely be spared that treatment because Roy knows very well how important a goalie is to a team.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
hahahahha So right

I think I would rather have Roy as coach. He is in junior since 6 years and I don't know if he knows the current NHL players very well

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:42 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

I predict Roy wins the cup within the first 5 years of his NHl coaching career , no matter which team he's coaching.

The real question is why would Roy comes behind the bench of such a bad team? I mean take out your ****ing bleublancrouge-colored-glasses and look at this roster objectively , this is not a good team at all , and those bleublancrouge-colored-glasses-wearers over-rate our prospect pool like we had crosby-malkin waiting a call in the minors.This team doesnt smell like a team that will start winning in the next 2 years.

Of course , I'm glad we have Price , Subban , Pacioretty , but even the caliber of a young player like Pacioretty is something 90% of NHL teams have.Subban will likely turn into a number 1 soon enough , that's great , but lots of team have number ones , we need more depth , not ****ing plug or old legs as number 2 and 3.

The real problem and finger pointing must be directed at Gainey's panic attack when the team he patiently , cautiously , silently , quietly , gaineyly built during 5 long quiet years ( which was a good team that the circumstances didnt advantage ) collapsed completely and he signed what was available in the market for wayyyy to many years.That's a rookie GM mistake , sometimes all your core is getting too old , and you must depart with them , but then what's available require you to lock it as your core for 4-6 years but is not good enough to make you a true contender , and you still go for it instead of sacrifying 1 or 2 seasons instead of 4 or 5.

You all still remember my borderline psychopathic hate for Cammalleri , which was almost a running gag wave I enjoyed surfing on , but the truth is , Cammalleri scored 26 and 19 goals seasons for us , had some great playoffs , but is still a big dissapointment.Gionta is not a true captain , he's as good a Assistant as anybody else , but this is not the guy you want as your leadership go-to-guy at all , and Gomez was such a bad move you expected it to work , but nature is indifferent to prayers and false hope , and Gomez sucks.

Hiring Martin was a decision that made me puke before it even happened , I always hated this coach with a passion , a passion i didnt know could get stronger until he was coaching my own team.Not only hockey has been unwatchable since Carbo left , hes making a hardcore fan like me not caring to miss a couple of games.I compare Martin to a very tight poker player , he will finish in the money often in tournaments , but he'll never win one , because he doesnt have the balls require to do so.

this team is making me sad and I want some no guts no glory mentality , and Roy would bring this.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:45 PM
habitue*

Quote:
I predict Roy wins the cup within the first 5 years of his NHl coaching career , no matter which team he's coaching.

The real question is why would Roy comes behind the bench of such a bad team? I mean take out your ****ing bleublancrouge-colored-glasses and look at this roster objectively , this is not a good team at all , and those bleublancrouge-colored-glasses-wearers over-rate our prospect pool like we had crosby-malkin waiting a call in the minors.This team doesnt smell like a team that will start winning in the next 2 years.

Of course , I'm glad we have Price , Subban , Pacioretty , but even the caliber of a young player like Pacioretty is something 90% of NHL teams have.Subban will likely turn into a number 1 soon enough , that's great , but lots of team have number ones , we need more depth , not ****ing plug or old legs as number 2 and 3.

The real problem and finger pointing must be directed at Gainey's panic attack when the team he patiently , cautiously , silently , quietly , gaineyly built during 5 long quiet years ( which was a good team that the circumstances didnt advantage ) collapsed completely and he signed what was available in the market for wayyyy to many years.That's a rookie GM mistake , sometimes all your core is getting too old , and you must depart with them , but then what's available require you to lock it as your core for 4-6 years but is not good enough to make you a true contender , and you still go for it instead of sacrifying 1 or 2 seasons instead of 4 or 5.

You all still remember my borderline psychopathic hate for Cammalleri , which was almost a running gag wave I enjoyed surfing on , but the truth is , Cammalleri scored 26 and 19 goals seasons for us , had some great playoffs , but is still a big dissapointment.Gionta is not a true captain , he's as good a Assistant as anybody else , but this is not the guy you want as your leadership go-to-guy at all , and Gomez was such a bad move you expected it to work , but nature is indifferent to prayers and false hope , and Gomez sucks.

Hiring Martin was a decision that made me puke before it even happened , I always hated this coach with a passion , a passion i didnt know could get stronger until he was coaching my own team.Not only hockey has been unwatchable since Carbo left , hes making a hardcore fan like me not caring to miss a couple of games.I compare Martin to a very tight poker player , he will finish in the money often in tournaments , but he'll never win one , because he doesnt have the balls require to do so.

this team is making me sad and I want some no guts no glory mentality , and Roy would bring this.
Martin should send % of his paycheck to Halak, Gill, Gorges and Cammy for the Series he won two years ago. I guess that is why they re-signed Gill for another season.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
That's a lot of baseless assumptions there.
There most certainly is basis to question his ability to keep his cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Maybe.

Or maybe he'd get pissed off with him one day and throw him under the bus... You just never know with that guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
The only way he could actually be in a locker room showdown is if one or more players slacked on the ice. Only Price and Budaj will likely be spared that treatment because Roy knows very well how important a goalie is to a team.
Why have a showdown at all? We don't need the drama. If a player is slacking have the coach handle it or trade him. Sorry, but I see Roy as being just about the worst coach/GM that we could ask for in Montreal.

He was a great goalie for us and I love the guy, but not as coach or GM.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote