HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Kyle Palmieri, ETA?

Old
10-22-2011, 10:07 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Kyle Palmieri, ETA?

Have him in a keeper league and he seems to be lighting up the AHL, (8 goals, 10 points in 5 games) how much longer until he's called up and possibly into a scoring role?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Seems like they're taking it slow with him, he could've been called up earlier cos of an injury to Blake but they went with Maroon instead. Ana don't rush guys so not unexpected, he played a bottom six role for 10 games last year and don't think he's suited to that so they're gonna keep him down unless it's top six minutes. I wouldn't be surprised to see him by mid-point this year. Definetely is in a good situation with old 2nd liners on Ana and will produce in the next year or two.

Also, anyone know why he gets called a potential power forward? I've seen him play and he doesn't appear overly physical or a net crasher.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:35 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

He has a great chance to crack the roster next season, I don't think we will want to waste him playing 3rd / 4th line minutes this season, but you never know.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Jerky Leclerc

The Ducks learned their lesson last year. He was tearing up the AHL when they called him up for a 10 game stint. He wasn't ready for the NHL yet and got sent back minus the confidence. It took him some time before he was producing again. I think the Ducks want to take it slow and let him and Bonino grow together for next year.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

He has had 2 unspectacular training camps and an underwhelming 10 game stint last year.

We need his to be a top 6 player at the NHL level and taking it slow will not hurt him.

He really is lighting it up and I hope he keeps it up all season.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:07 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
He could see a call-up if someone goes down. Actually, if Smith Pelly is sent down he could see time. I don't buy the third line minutes stuff. Getzlaf and Perry started their careers there if I'm not mistaken.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
He could see a call-up if someone goes down. Actually, if Smith Pelly is sent down he could see time. I don't buy the third line minutes stuff. Getzlaf and Perry started their careers there if I'm not mistaken.
Fourth line actually. I could definitely see Palmieri getting the callup is DSP is sent down. But with Blake's injury I dont think he does.

IMO Palimeri gets the first call up if the second line struggles and McMillan doesnt work out long term.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Unholy

The Ducks could call him up for the road trip. Maroon was sent down a while ago but the Ducks might call him back up. My feeling is either Maroon again or Palmieri. Could be Sexton too but I hope not.

10-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Hossa

I'm interested to see how the Ducks play this. Another couple of weeks and Palmieri might be in the 'nothing more to prove' territory at the AHL level. Despite apparently an average training camp, he's rolled an outstanding finish last year into an unreal start this season. You can't keep a top prospect in the AHL if he's going to continue scoring over a goal a game, so how do the Ducks want to play him when he's promoted.

It's interesting how his profile as a prospect has evolved. Back when he was drafted, Palmieri was considered more of a 2nd/3rd line type, with the biggest concerns being about his character and offensive upside, but little question about his intensity and physicality. Fast forward two years later and now there's a suggestion he needs to play in a top six role.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:43 AM
airforceones25

I remember hearing Chris Drury comparisons

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 03:17 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
I'm interested to see how the Ducks play this. Another couple of weeks and Palmieri might be in the 'nothing more to prove' territory at the AHL level. Despite apparently an average training camp, he's rolled an outstanding finish last year into an unreal start this season. You can't keep a top prospect in the AHL if he's going to continue scoring over a goal a game, so how do the Ducks want to play him when he's promoted.

It's interesting how his profile as a prospect has evolved. Back when he was drafted, Palmieri was considered more of a 2nd/3rd line type, with the biggest concerns being about his character and offensive upside, but little question about his intensity and physicality. Fast forward two years later and now there's a suggestion he needs to play in a top six role.
Yeah, interesting question. I'm excited for our talent in the coming years. Credit to Murray for his drafting skills. And the scouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
I remember hearing Chris Drury comparisons
I remember that too...not the best comparison really...

Old
10-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Selanne138

I personally, and I know many Ducks fans agree, would like to see Palmieri called up now to play on the second line with Teemu and Koivu, or at least in a third line role. No one on the roster really fits in that second line spot, so Palmieri deserves a chance IMO.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:38 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I personally, and I know many Ducks fans agree, would like to see Palmieri called up now to play on the second line with Teemu and Koivu, or at least in a third line role. No one on the roster really fits in that second line spot, so Palmieri deserves a chance IMO.
With the lack of offense coming from our depth once again, he may see a call up. I'm starting to get the feeling DSP is going to go down for Palmieri.

Starting to get nervous about Cogliano. His defensive play is solid, but he's being thrown off of the puck too easily.

Old
10-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Paul4587

I think he'll see some time in Anaheim this season but won't be a full time NHLer until next year.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:35 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Agreed, DSP will go down, he just isn't ready for the NHL.

I reckon it will hinge on how well he can play at LW if he does get the call up, I see no reason why he can't do it though.

Last edited by mightyquack: 10-24-2011 at 01:40 AM.
mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Agreed, DSP will go down, he just isn't ready for the NHL.

I reckon it will hinge on how well he can play at LW if he does get the call up, I see no reason why he can't do it though.
That really is the only thing holding him back. If he cant, Id love to see a McMillan-Macaneaur-Palmieri line though.