HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Any offensively talented salary dumps available?

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Behn Wilson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death
Want Jeremy Roenick back?

Hell YES!!!

Old
11-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
It would be nice if we could get a center off of Jersey but I shudder at the prospect of a novice GM like Tallon getting taken to the cleaners by Lou in a deal.
The idea of Lou fleecing other GMs is almost an urban legeand. It hasn't really happened since the Niedermayer trade 10 years ago. In an interview a couple years ago, Lou laughed about his reputation as a swindler and pointed out that one of the reasons he's able to make deals at the deadline when he needs to is beacuse he maintains good relationships with other GMs and there is mutual trust that they won't screw each other.

Ask Anaheim if they got a fair deal (Sykora for Friesen and Tverdovsky)

Or Dallas (Arnott, 1st, McKay for Nieuwendyk and Langenbrunner)

That being said. I'm not sure we could trade one of our centers at this point. Our scoring centers are Gomez, Parise, and of course, Kozlov. Parise isn't what your looking for as he hasn't really started producing yet. Gomez would probably cost more than your willing to pay.

Kozlov seems likely, but he's really earned his paycheck this year so I don't think we could trade him unless it was a trade to improve the team. I don't know the Hawks that well, but we are in dire need of quality defensemen.

One possibility that you might consider is a Brylin/Mogilny package. Mogilny's talent speaks for itself. As another poster mentioned, he'd probably have to consent to the trade before NJ would move him since he signed as a UFA. Brylin is a fast and skilled center/wing. He's not usually a high scorer, but in the new NHL playing with Mogs he should put up 50 points. If you could find a good distributor to play between them (Zhamnov ) it should be a good scoring line.

NJ probably would not require much in return depending on Elias' timeframe, though I'd like to see us get something for Brylin. Maybe a 3rd rounder or a decent defensive prospect?

Old
11-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Blackjack

Also, while nobody is untradeable, I'd say Elias is about as likely to be moved as a Markus Naslund or Jarome Iginla.

He is far and away our best skater, he's our 2nd most important player after Brodeur, and he is our future captain.

Last edited by Blackjack: 11-02-2005 at 11:36 PM.
Old
11-02-2005, 07:28 PM
BruinAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
Blackhawks desperaately need some offensive talent, we were thin to begin with, our top forward Ruutu is hurt and it appears Daze is finished.

We have 9 million in cap room (11 if Daze retires). Is there any high priced players that cap stretched teams are looking to dump out there in a Roenick type deal where they are pretty much giftwrapped. Hawks can really use a center.
(If they could rewind the clock I think they might have even traded for JR)
Roenick actually had a no-trade clause in his contract and asked to go to LA. Basically there wasn't any chance of Roenick going anywhere else.

Old
11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
The idea of Lou fleecing other GMs is almost an urban legeand. It hasn't really happened since the Niedermayer trade 10 years ago. In an interview a couple years ago, Lou laughed about his reputation as a swindler and pointed out that one of the reasons he's able to make deals at the deadline when he needs to is beacuse he maintains good relationships with other GMs and there is mutual trust that they won't screw each other.

Ask Anaheim if they got a fair deal (Sykora for Friesen and Tverdovsky)

Or Dallas (Arnott, 1st, McKay for Nieuwendyk and Langenbrunner)

That being said. I'm not sure we could trade one of our centers at this point. Our scoring centers are Gomez, Parise, and of course, Kozlov. Parise isn't what your looking for as he hasn't really started producing yet. Gomez would probably cost more than your willing to pay.

Kozlov seems likely, but he's really earned his paycheck this year so I don't think we could trade him unless it was a trade to improve the team. I don't know the Hawks that well, but we are in dire need of quality defensemen.

One possibility that you might consider is a Brylin/Mogilny package. Mogilny's talent speaks for itself. As another poster mentioned, he'd probably have to consent to the trade before NJ would move him since he signed as a UFA. Brylin is a fast and skilled center/wing. He's not usually a high scorer, but in the new NHL playing with Mogs he should put up 50 points. If you could find a good distributor to play between them (Zhamnov ) it should be a good scoring line.

NJ probably would not require much in return depending on Elias' timeframe, though I'd like to see us get something for Brylin. Maybe a 3rd rounder or a decent defensive prospect?
Lou won't trade Sarge (Brylin) guy's like him and Pando will die as Devils... That's just the way Lou is.

Old
11-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper
I'd love to get Vandermeer from Blackhawks, but Fedorov alone probably isn't enough.
Sold.

Old
11-02-2005, 07:55 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Also, while nobody is untradeable, I'd say Elias is about as likely to be moved as a Marcus Naslund or Jerome Iginla.

Hate to do this on message boards, but you need to know how to spell two of the best players in the NHL.

MarKus and JArome.

Old
11-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Missionhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhite101
Wasn't Kozlov one your best player behind only Gionta?? What will 3d rounder do for the Devils at this point? Devils just lost to Pittsburgh... Marty is injured.. Ehhh
He's been one of them, however when it comes down to who I'd rather have, Kozlov or Elias, its a no brainer. Besides, his trade value is going to be at its peak, I don't think that we will get a 2nd. We won't get a good prospect for him, and we can't get a player who makes as much as he does in return because its a cap dump. This is the New NHL, so trades like this and the Friesen trade will be common.

Closed Thread