HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 FANTASY LEAGUE Kings Related Questions

Old
10-17-2011, 08:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
He is expected to have a big year, but hasnt really done much so far. Its only been 4 games, so I still believe he will end up somewhere between 20 and 30 goals. Although I am aware of the potential that penner could fail to reach that.
Two of which he missed due to injury and in the most recent game he hurt his hand/knee/something in a fight and only played 5+ minutes.

Really, he's only had one complete game, and that was coming back from an injury. Far to early to make any educated statement about Penner's play thus far.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:21 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Question for you guys, as the last update I saw on Doughty was that he was iffy for tomorrows game. I'm in a weekly roto league, and the lineup locks tonight when the first game starts. Should I go with someone like Gleason to ensure 3 games, or do you think Doughty will be a lock for 3/4 this week, and chance starting him?

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:27 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Question for you guys, as the last update I saw on Doughty was that he was iffy for tomorrows game. I'm in a weekly roto league, and the lineup locks tonight when the first game starts. Should I go with someone like Gleason to ensure 3 games, or do you think Doughty will be a lock for 3/4 this week, and chance starting him?
Doughty said he was aiming to return on tuesday, but obviously with the way things are going right now I think the Kings won't mind giving him a few extra days of rehab just to be safe. But with Doughty saying he's close to ready I personally am expecting him to be in the lineup on thursday against Dallas.

But who knows, right?

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 11:39 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Doughty said he was aiming to return on tuesday, but obviously with the way things are going right now I think the Kings won't mind giving him a few extra days of rehab just to be safe. But with Doughty saying he's close to ready I personally am expecting him to be in the lineup on thursday against Dallas.

But who knows, right?
Obviously I haven't followed half as closely as you, but I was thinking Thursday as well. Really don't want to get burned. I guess even 2 games of Doughty should be better than 3 of Gleason (OTT, CHI, @ PHI).

Thanks for the response.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
I think you want to go with the guy who has the most upside. I also have Doughty with Brian Campbell my 5th dman who took Doughty's place last week. Gleason has no upside in fantasy, dude doesn't play offense. I'm hoping for at least 1 game out of Doughty and hope that he scores a goal or has an assist for a high average week. The question most fantasy experts pose to people who have questions about their weekly lineups is would you rather lose with Doughty in your lineup or Tim Gleason? I think we have Doughty on our team because he was selected with a high draft pick, I'd rather go down with my big guns active. Gleason is on pace for a career high 30 points which means the offense is probably going to go away for a stretch and he hasn't had a point in 4 straight. In 8 games played he has 3 shots on goal, that would make Aaron Miller proud.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:49 AM
GravelTheOne

Dustin Penner

Hi guys,

I just want to know whats going on with Penner? 1 freakin' point

Do you think he will finally break out or he's gonna be a bust this year?

Thanks!

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 06:59 PM
GTA Fan
ಠ_ಠ

What's going on with Gagne so far? Is he going to put up 50+ points, or is he done?

GTA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:55 PM
MillerTime2181

2011-2012 FANTASY LEAGUE Kings Related Questions

Apologies if it's already been discussed...

Can anyone give the rundown of the strengths/weaknesses of each goalie and a compare/contrast of the two? What style do each play ect.? In addition, which goaltender do fans most want to see kept as the #1 going forward?

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:13 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Apologies if it's already been discussed...

Can anyone give the rundown of the strengths/weaknesses of each goalie and a compare/contrast of the two? What style do each play ect.? In addition, which goaltender do fans most want to see kept as the #1 going forward?
Okay...But my question is not fantasy-related though... I'm asking those questions about the players themselves, their styles of play and the Kings moving forward.

Old
11-04-2011, 08:26 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Okay...But my question is not fantasy-related though... I'm asking those questions about the players themselves, their styles of play and the Kings moving forward.
That's fine.. the answers are going to be things that anyone interested in fantasy leagues will find useful.

Here's some threads you'll find info in as well:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1009431
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=948815
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=972613

Site search is broken, but google search works quite well.

Put this in the Google search box:

hfboards: Quick Bernier

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 08:42 PM
MillerTime2181

Much appreciated thank you.

Old
11-05-2011, 11:32 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA Fan View Post
What's going on with Gagne so far? Is he going to put up 50+ points, or is he done?
He's playing in a defense first system. On pace for 67 games played and 47 points, which is just about his average in Tampa and his last season in Philly. He's gonna have to start scoring on the PP if he wants to eclipse that total, right now I view him as a reserve forward on a good fantasy team.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
jjlin78

someone wants to trade me mike richards for drew doughty. does anyone know if richards is close to returning? or why is doughty in such a funk? playing through an injury or something else? my defense is ok with weber, yandle, kulikov, doughty, green (been day to day on yahoo for over a month now), and beauchemin (i needed him for hits and blocks this week but i'm going to drop him). if i trade doughty then i'll probably pick up either niskanen, boychuck, or erik johnson off of waivers.

so who do you think has the better upside this season b/w the 2 players? thanks.

jjlin78 is offline   Reply With Quote