HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will the Bleeding end? Montreal Canadiens vs Florida Panthers 10/24/11 7:30pm EST-RDS

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2011, 11:29 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
What do you expect? It is Jacques Martin who is coaching.

Emelin should be in our top four and the team should try him on the PP. It couldn't get any worse. Instead, we get older, softer and slower on the blueline.
SO TRUE!!!

Old
10-24-2011, 11:33 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
Envqvist and Palushaj out

Spacek in
Weber in front

So why Emelin is out?
My theory. Diaz and Weber have been better. The D needs some experience. As much as people like to bash Spacek (like Hamrlik) he was part of the top pairing as Markov's replacement for a couple of years.

Hal Gill was projected to be PK's most reliable and influential partner. Um........that didn't work which moves the next best reliable guy in Gorges next to PK. That squishes a LD out of the lineup to get Spacek back in the lineup.

Frankly I'd roll the dice and go with............

Gorges - Subban
Spacek - Weber
Emelin - Diaz

It can't get much worse. Subban and Picard were on the third pair last year to start and many claim Emelin and Diaz have as much pro experience. And it removes the choice for JM to put Gill out 4 on 4. Spacek and Weber actually were decent on the PK last year.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:35 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

1. Budaj is starting to give Carey a rest and since we play back to back this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play twice this week.

2. Spacek is returning tonight. He looked impressive in the preseason, faster on his skates and making smarter plays. I'm glad he's back and sitting Emelin for ONE GAME is not going to "ruin" him. Give me a break.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moen in Glory View Post
Per JFChaumont on twitter: Spacek in, Emelin out (practice lines). Umm

Gorges-Subban
Gill-Diaz
Spacek-Weber
Diaz was probably the most noticeable (in a positive way) of the three rookies, Weber cant sit because of our horrible PP, and Yemelin is the only physical guy we have.

You could chose either of them, its not an easy decision anyway.
Buti i guess that some here are happy to blame the coach for the decision he took. If Weber was out, they'll blame him, if Diaz is out, they'll blame him again.

The only true benefit from the switch is the fact that Spacek, even if he's old and overpaid, doesnt make stupid mistakes and is a reliable guy.

Gill is disappointing and slow, i know, but he's a vet, and did prove in the past that after being critisized, he can bounce back.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
1. Budaj is starting to give Carey a rest and since we play back to back this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play twice this week.

2. Spacek is returning tonight. He looked impressive in the preseason, faster on his skates and making smarter plays. I'm glad he's back and sitting Emelin for ONE GAME is not going to "ruin" him. Give me a break.
Yep.

Glad Spacek is back. Hopefully he can help stabilize that D a bit. They're chasing and running around like crazy right now.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well the Habs don't have anyone that crashes the net so Markstrom won't have to put on a diving clinic like he did against the Canadian Juniors in the Gold Medal game.
Well, he's not a junior now... ;-)

Old
10-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
My theory. Diaz and Weber have been better. The D needs some experience. As much as people like to bash Spacek (like Hamrlik) he was part of the top pairing as Markov's replacement for a couple of years.

Hal Gill was projected to be PK's most reliable and influential partner. Um........that didn't work which moves the next best reliable guy in Gorges next to PK. That squishes a LD out of the lineup to get Spacek back in the lineup.

Frankly I'd roll the dice and go with............

Gorges - Subban
Spacek - Weber
Emelin - Diaz

It can't get much worse. Subban and Picard were on the third pair last year to start and many claim Emelin and Diaz have as much pro experience. And it removes the choice for JM to put Gill out 4 on 4. Spacek and Weber actually were decent on the PK last year.
As much as I love Diaz, I thought he was poorer vs Toronto than Emelin was. I'm actually glad Spaeck is back, but I think it would have made more sense to sit Diaz for a game or so. The Emelin-Weber partnership has been very nice.

And I agree with you that sitting Gill would make sense. First of all, he's been worthless full strength, secondly unlike Emelin, Diaz and Weber, experience won't help him.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Let's hope for back to back shutouts by Budaj and a goaltender controversy.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:45 AM
costathing

You cant sit Diaz for spacek and if JM decide to put weber in the 4th line you guyz will go nuts so the only solution is to sit Emelin .. This team just have to get back on track with the powerplay and the pk. ..and mr.cole have to start to create something in the off.zone im looking forward to the PACIO DD MR.COLE line 7-3 habs

Old
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
AreYouHockey

Confirmed. Budaj against Florida.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/328790.html

Old
10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
zzoo

How would you compare Emelin to Diaz and Weber ?
At this time, I'd rank: Diaz, Weber and Emelin last.

Old
10-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Gainey#1*

This is my last straw with Martin.

How Emelin can sit is beyond me. He has been our most consistent, reliable dman over the past 3-4 games IMO.

With the exception of the bad turnover that led to the Penguins 2nd goal he has been lights out solid.

We get softer and slower on the blue line.

Martin has completely lost his mind.

Get rid of this useless drone already!!!!

Old
10-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Emelin out? Perfect.

It's the perfect time for the Habs D to get softer.

It was the missing ingredient in our soup of greatness!

Old
10-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
With Emelin's strong play as of late I think Spacek just became expendabe. Here's to hoping he plays decently so we can bait a team into taking him off our hands. He would probably fetch a 3rd or dare I say a 2nd? Would be nice if we acquired one instead of the opposite for once. In any case he will be gone once Markov makes his return, in my opinion.
Barring that, Emelin is now officially our 7th defenseman.
Have these first few weeks of the season and even the O'Byrne trade of last year taught you nothing or even remind you of something you previously knew? Defensive depth has been killing the Habs this season and did for a little while after the O'B trade. Spacek is needed even if he works his way into the press box, he has this season only left on his contract, trading him now for a pick would be ridiculous, unless of course there's another veteran, minute munching defenseman acquired. Even if by the trade deadline, Markov is back and playing great, Campoli too, I would still not deal him if the Habs are a playoff team.

Hopefully I didn't sound like a jerk, wasn't trying to pick on you but depth is always needed IMO.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Why would JM care about Emelin. He won't be here long enough to see him go back to Russia.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:06 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
This is my last straw with Martin.

How Emelin can sit is beyond me. He has been our most consistent, reliable dman over the past 3-4 games IMO.

With the exception of the bad turnover that led to the Penguins 2nd goal he has been lights out solid.

We get softer and slower on the blue line.

Martin has completely lost his mind.

Get rid of this useless drone already!!!!
0pt -2

who would you bench?

You agree that you can`t bench thoses 3 for Emelin...
Gill
Gorges
Subban

Diaz
2pt 1g1a +1
Weber
3pts 1g2a +2

Spacek is back.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Why would JM care about Emelin. He won't be here long enough to see him go back to Russia.
Sad...but I think you are right.
It gives the wrong impression to the players.

Emelin is probably confused and thinks he is sitting because of poor play. Where in reality, it couldn't be further from the case.

Way to crush a kid's confidence.

We all know this coaching staff won't communicate with Emelin and let him know why he is sitting, because if they did that, they wouldn't be able to give him an honest answer.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Jigger77

Good lord is Emelin hyped up around here.

Who do you guys want JM to sit?

Weber with his 3 points and +4?
Diaz with his 2pts and +1?
or Emelin with 0 points and -2 ?

He could sit Subban, (-6), but then again, you guys would probably burn down his car or something.

So he sits Emelin for a game, big freaking deal. It's not like he was dominating out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
How would you compare Emelin to Diaz and Weber ?
At this time, I'd rank: Diaz, Weber and Emelin last.
Correct. Not rocket science. It's like people here think Emelin is Nick Lidstrom.

He can play in this league, but tons of stuff for him to work on yet.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:13 PM
zzoo

Our PP has been terrible, and Diaz or Weber can contribute more than Emelin on that PP. JM made a good decision to sit Emelin.
Do you think he will rotate those 3 young defensemen, maybe Spacek too ?

Old
10-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Our PP has been terrible, and Diaz or Weber can contribute more than Emelin on that PP. JM made a good decision to sit Emelin.
Do you think he will rotate those 3 young defensemen, maybe Spacek too ?
I would imagine. The language barrier isn't helping Emelin and this definitely gave an edge to Diaz. Actually I've been impressed with Diaz. He wasn't talked much of in the summer and to me he's looking pretty solid out there. I haven't been impressed with Emelin but there have been flashes of what he could be and will be as he continues to adjust.

PP being brutal is in large reason to Subban playing like **** right now. He's really predictable and hasn't been getting setup with that one-timer. We don't have that up high shot option on the PP. Everything is down low, no shots from the point with traffic in front and that makes it much easier to defend against. They just keep trying the pretty plays.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

I'm not too wooried that Emelin is sitting. Kind of hoping that Weber or Diaz struggle a bit though, so Emelin can get back his spot, since I think our teams potential is highest when Emelin is in there and confident. Hopefully Spacek can play well enough that he can be moved at the deadline for like a 6th rounder or a bag of pucks...

Emelin needs to get a big goal when he gets back in there to entrench his spot. That goal he got, is pretty much the only reason Diaz is playing Emelin is not.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
sheed36

Tonight's game is the start of a very critical and tough week for the Habs.. My prediction is the Habs go 1-3 for the week.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:24 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Wow, Emelin sitting will not "soften" the defense... He's been as physical as Gorges ffs.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
jose threeormore isnt playing this wont be easy
You realize that "Jose Threeormore" currently has a .913 save percentage and three times as many wins as the entire Habs team does, right?

Probably wise to not throw stones in glass houses.

Old
10-24-2011, 12:28 PM
neofury*

Yeah I love how people bring up Emelin and say our team is softer by him not being there. He hasn't been that physical at all.

Closed Thread