HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bernier to start Tuesday vs Devils

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Question: And Quick’s shutout streak doesn’t influence that?

MURRAY: “Well, I made the decision before the game and I’m not going to change that. I’ve talked to Bernie about it, I’ve talked to Quicker about it, to let him know. I talked to him briefly about it. That’s the way it is. That’s the decision made.’’

Well, if he decided before the game then it's understandable.

Last edited by The Black1963: 10-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old
10-24-2011, 05:07 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

vCash: 500
The only person who can stop the red hot Quick is Murray. So much for riding the hot hand. Bernier will still do well.

Old
10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
The only person who can stop the red hot Quick is Murray. So much for riding the hot hand. Bernier will still do well.
Maybe Murray meant "hot hand" against each team. Quick lost to NJ in a shootout.

Old
10-24-2011, 05:47 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Maybe Murray meant "hot hand" against each team. Quick lost to NJ in a shootout.
Or maybe Murray meant "hot hand" as in Whateva!

Old
10-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Question: And Quickís shutout streak doesnít influence that?

MURRAY: ďWell, I made the decision before the game and Iím not going to change that. Iíve talked to Bernie about it, Iíve talked to Quicker about it, to let him know. I talked to him briefly about it. Thatís the way it is. Thatís the decision made.íí

Well, if he decided before the game then it's understandable.
Oh yeah, makes sense because Murray said he didnt plan to schedule the goalies. It must be opposite season

Old
10-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
It doesn't really matter either way. That's the truth, and that's how fortunate we are to have these two goaltenders.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
With Travis Zajac (torn left Achilles tendon) and Jacob Josefon (fractured rigtht clavicle) both out, the Devils are looking for another center and they’re giving Zach Parise at try in the middle for today’s practice at Staples Center.

Parise, who was drafted as a center, is skating on a line with Ilya Kovalchuk and Nick Palmieri on the wings.
Here is the breakdown of the players practicing today:

Forwards: Ilya Kovlachuk-Zach Parise-Nick Palmieri; Petr Sykora-Patrik Elias-Dainius Zubrus; Mattias Tedenby-Adam Henrique-David Clarkson; Rod Pelley-Brad Mills-Cam Janssen.

Defensemen: Andy Greene-Adam Larsson, Henrik Tallinder-Mark Fayne; Bryce Salvador-Anton Volchenkov; Mark Fraser

Goaltenders; Johan Hedberg, Keith Kinkaid.
Intersting lineup for NJ. The Kings need to really put pressure on their defense and create turnovers. And they need to finish their chances.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f..._team_meeting/

Old
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It doesn't really matter either way. That's the truth, and that's how fortunate we are to have these two goaltenders.
I tend to agree with you, but believe me, if Quick doesn't get a shutout the next game or god forbid lose, there will be plenty of second guessing.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I tend to agree with you, but believe me, if Quick doesn't get a shutout the next game or god forbid lose, there will be plenty of second guessing.
I think that Bernier getting lit up against NJ would be worst, especially if there are any weak goals against. Then the Kings miss the playoffs by 1 point.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Intersting lineup for NJ. The Kings need to really put pressure on their defense and create turnovers. And they need to finish their chances.

Honestly, the Kings should be able to handle this team at home. Doesn't matter whether Bernier or Quick is in goal.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Honestly, the Kings should be able to handle this team at home. Doesn't matter whether Bernier or Quick is in goal.
How many times have we said that and watched the Kings play down to their opponent?

Hopefully having Richards around will keep the intensity high all season long, not just against the top teams. They've already lost to NJ this season.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Yeah the Kings should win unless Keth Kincaid is in goal. Then it is all over. That guy is lights out.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:13 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
How many times have we said that and watched the Kings play down to their opponent?

Hopefully having Richards around will keep the intensity high all season long, not just against the top teams. They've already lost to NJ this season.
They lost in a SO after returning from Europe.

If they play down to NJ's level in this next game, they don't deserve to have Quick bail them out. Time to rise to the occasion and support Bernier.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

And losing to this team once this season already should be enough motivation for the team to show up and play well. Plus doesn't Richards have some career numbers against Jersey? or what that agains Brodeur specifically?

Old
10-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
And losing to this team once this season already should be enough motivation for the team to show up and play well. Plus doesn't Richards have some career numbers against Jersey? or what that agains Brodeur specifically?
Gagne has more goals against Brodeur than any other player. Brodeur isn't playing though.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

We all should know LA's struggles against backup goalies. Put any backup in net and they suddenly look like an all-star. Hell, Garon put on such a performance that Dave Taylor went out and got him.

Old
10-24-2011, 06:51 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
I think that Bernier getting lit up against NJ would be worst, especially if there are any weak goals against. Then the Kings miss the playoffs by 1 point.
Same.

The odds of JQ getting a 4th straight SO are long at best.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 10-24-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old
10-24-2011, 07:13 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
We all should know LA's struggles against backup goalies. Put any backup in net and they suddenly look like an all-star. Hell, Garon put on such a performance that Dave Taylor went out and got him.
Andrew Raycroft come on down!!

Well, it's a good thing Lombardi and crew don't evaluate goaltenders the same way DT did.

Old
10-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Whiskeypete

i think it's a good move. give him a rest physically, even more to let him rest his psyche. 3 straight SO's and now the NHL #1, there is going to be some extra pressure on him he hasn't faced ever. lets him slow everything down and get his mind ready. this is good pressure emotionally, consider it more prep for the 2nd season and the pressure it brings.

JB needs some work and the longer he sits, the rustier he could get. i will be at the game on Sunday so im excited to see JB live for the first time.

Old
10-24-2011, 07:41 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'm sure Murray never expected to have a goalie pitching three straight shutouts either. Dude could use a rest, he's on pace to start close to 70 games this season and has started five straight. Let Bernier play.

If Quick started 70 games, then got hurt in the final game and missed the playoffs, everyone would by bit!@#$ that Bernier didn't start more often. No pleasing some people.
I apologize for forming my own opinion backed with facts. I should have gone slippery slope like you.

Old
10-24-2011, 07:44 PM
NORiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
It's early in the season, and if it ended up being that Bernier didn't start until Sunday, he would not have started an NHL game for over three weeks. That's just setting him up to fail. There is nothing wrong with trying to make sure both goalies are sharp and ready to play at any time.
I agree, but when you are as hot as Quick has been, when you say you are going with the hot hand... its seems the timing is lame.

Old
10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:

Hmmm. I wonder if Murray goes big on big tomorrow night with last change. I'll take Kopi vs Parise in the offensive zone any day of the week. Parise is just too small to handle Kopitar.

Old
10-25-2011, 12:06 AM
markisonfire

Quick should just retire while he's on top.

Old
10-25-2011, 02:06 AM
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*

Isn't this a typical move in the NHL? Play your backup against opposite conference teams? I am okay with this.

Can someone clarify something for me though - does this end Jonathan Quick's SO streak, or does it still count if he plays Thursday and continues shutting out opponents?

Old
10-25-2011, 03:13 AM
BringTheReign

Seriously? It's not like these game have been back to back. If I were Quick I'd be pissed. I hope Bernier proves me wrong, but this feels like a big mistake with Quick playing so well.

Closed Thread